KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (681): « First ... « 494 495 [496] 497 498 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheOneFirestorm

Truth or Dare
4/10

A supernatural Horror movie that has obvious flaws including PG13 it should be Rated R, not scary, and is a unintentional comedy which is dejavu of the remake Horror Movie The Wicker Man.
Also damn this movie is similar to Final Destination for it’s plot.

This is a movie that could have been great I’ll describe it in the spoilers.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

The characters that are likable either are killed. Olivia and Markie because they upload a youtube video saying Truth or Dare it’s cursed along with the rules, challenges the viewer to Truth or Dare that initiates them.
Other persons watching infects the world so no doubt Universal wants a sequel and the door is open for a sequel since others in the Wolrd have become infected.
With more persons infected Olivia and Markie can prolong their turn so it’s understandable but still changes characters that were likable altered to unlikable characters.

Lucas is a likable character that still loves Markie which is surprising because that is after finding out she cheated on him multiple times. He dies because he’s dared to kill Olivia or Markie, he makes the admirable choice leaves the Church except he’s stopped by Calax possessed his body, kills Sam to prevent the ritual to end the game can be finished also slits his throat because Calax is controlling his body, and Lucas dies.
Calax never shown for his demon body, the character that controls the game and should be the main Antagonist is hugely absent from the movie since he appears in the Climax which is damn late.
Since this is a PG13 Horror Movie blood is highly absent from the movie. Extremely nonsensical Blumhouse made a high amunt of money with the Rated Suspense Horror Movie Get Out a 2017 movie so no damn logical sensible reason to use PG13.

Lameass jumpscares are used, and the whole possessed face with the person or persons smiling Green Goblin style from the movie Spider Man asking Truth or Dare isn’t scary it’s hilarious, and funny what a huge backfire.
Also the Writer couldn’t think of a rule for why Dare would have to be chosen which is why the line by a character a new version of Truth or Dare with after 2 persons both choose truth the person would have no choice but to choose dare aka 2 Truths and a Dare. The rules of Truth or Dare shown to be True if a player refuses to play he or she dies, if he or she doesn’t do the dare the player dies, and if the player lies instead of telling the truth the player dies.

Huge wasted potential because this could have been similar to Wishmaster with Calax shown with his demon body asking persons truth or dare creating death, destruction, sorrow, hostility, and anything else awful using Truth or Dare.
It should have been a Rated R horror movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 09:25 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Ghostbusters
Carnage Park
Under the Shadow
Avengers:Age of Ultron
Spiderman: Homecoming

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 05:23 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)

My third time seeing it I think. I still think it's an underappreciated adventure comedy.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 07:36 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)

My third time seeing it I think. I still think it's an underappreciated adventure comedy.

Fun Movie but Ford should have been more of a A-Hole like he was in the books. And Not a fan of Elvis Beeblebrox either. Marvin and Slartibartfast and Arthur were spot on tho.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 07:40 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Deep blue sea 2 and it's...just awful

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:02 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Fun Movie but Ford should have been more of a A-Hole like he was in the books. And Not a fan of Elvis Beeblebrox either. Marvin and Slartibartfast and Arthur were spot on tho.

You know Douglas Adams was a big atheist, right? Shouldn't you be reading CS Lewis or that stupid Left Behind series something?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor

Agreed on all counts. I prefer Marvin's radio show artificial voice thing though.

Zaph was also LESS of an A*hole. Or at least, a different kind of jerk.

Less drunken bro spoiling for a fight, and more smooth talking drunken Frank Sinatra.

Anyone who likes the books should check out the radio shows at some point, they have everything in the books and more (As they would, seeing they're STILL making those things.. Arthur had a time daughter called Random. Probably because she's randomly thrown in there.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 25th, 2018 at 12:17 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:14 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's the Marvin I love:

Pretty much the definitive Marvin rant.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2018 12:24 AM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

God’s Not Dead 3 A Light in The Darkness
8/10

A great Christianity Drama movie that starts where the 2nd movie that starts after the Post Credits scene from the God’s Not Dead 2. 
A straight forward story that is Pastor Dave, the University and others deal with the aftermath of the Tragedy the Church that was burned.

It has flawed believable characters including flawed Christians that makes them believable and realistic, God is always good, great messages including Christians have to love persons even when hurting, how God can bring persons together after a tragedy, solving problems without a Court if possible, taking responsibility for mistakes, trusting God to provide a Church, forgiving persons that have hurt us, The Mandela effect speaking up for a person that has mitigating circumstances for his illegal actions, the injustice Blacks have suffered in the USA, when grieving a person can say something unwise, how a rift can be created with Brothers, and Christians struggling with their faith and having doubts.

Adam is a sympathetic likable character that has a valid reason for he’s angry at the Christian Church. His father abused his mother which is why she left him, and she is called a sinner by the Christian Church because of that action, also a adulterer because she marries a different guy. Most likely she divorced her first husband even though it’s never outright said.

Meg that is also a Christian isn’t just a love interest for Dave she is strong with her faith so it’s a great contrast since Dave is struggling with doubts and his faith after losing his friend Jude, and his Church that was burned. 

This explains why he vandalized the Church, and threw a brick through a window. He runs away from Pastor Dave, and Jude that moves to the Basement where he is killed by a explosion.
Dave attempts to save his friend but can’t because of irreparable damage, and is told in another language God is always good. Pastor Jude is Dave’s friend.
Adam is disturbed and sad when he sees tv that the Church he vandalized was burned, and Roland a Pastor was killed inside the church . These are unintended consequences when Adam vandalized the Church.
Adam talks to his ex girlfriend Keaton telling her that he did vandalize the Church, also that he can’t stop thinking about Jude died and the Church. He talks to her about maybe they’ll go easy on him if he confesses which she agrees but also brings up maybe they won’t. Adam does send a anonymous text message to Pastor Dave because he wants him to forgive him.
He does ask if Keaton if God can forgive him. He is shown to be contrite and remorseful.

Dave does lash out at his Brother so it’s unsurprising he leaves, and does hit Adam after seeing the text that he vandalized the Church.

Adam is arrested. Keaton does tell Pastor Dave about why Adam vandalized the church and that it was a act of vandalism, and he didn’t have the intent to murder Jude, and no intent to burn the Church. Also mistakes that Christian Churches can make.
A great scene of Dave talking to Adam finding out why he sent the text message so he would forgive him, and Dave does forgive him both hugging and gives him Jude’s Bible.

Dave brings up the mitigating circumstances including it wasn’t premeditated it wasn’t his intent to murder Jude, and burn the Church which is why he pushes for leniency.
The University President is unhappy that he has to tell his friend Dave that the Church is being shut down by the University. 

Pearce a non believer is a believable likable character. He is a lawyer that is involved with Social Justice. Pearce and Dave have chemistry two brothers angry that they grew apart, and they need to have challenging conversations including why Pearce left.
Pearce asked hard questions about his Faith which made him not welcomed at his Parent’s house so it’s unsurprising he left. 

Great exciting climax with a crowd watching Dave says he is dropping the lawsuit vs the University, moving the Church off the Campus, and let’s stop shouting at each other and listen to each other. A literal light in the Darkness because persons have candles.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 03:44 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Avengers: Infinity War.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 04:45 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

^tomorrow for me and I plan on rewatching it Sunday

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:22 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Infinity war 10/10

Old Post Apr 26th, 2018 05:28 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Some shit called THE SIGNAL. Totally craptacular.

Infinity War this weekend.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Infinity War

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 10:24 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Same. Just got back.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Theater: A Quiet Place. Rather enjoyable despite the glaring plot hole.

Going to watch Avengers: Infinity War tomorrow.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 27th, 2018 11:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Robtard
Theater: A Quiet Place. Rather enjoyable despite the glaring plot hole.

Going to watch Avengers: Infinity War tomorrow.

I noticed plot holes in A Quiet Place except not a high amount which is why didn't diminish the quality.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:29 AM
TheOneFirestorm

I Can Only Imagine
10/10
A terrific Christianity Drama movie about how Jesus Christ can change a broken person, fix a broken father son relationship, and Bart writing a great song that is authentic for his band Mercy Me which requires visiting wounds from his past.

A terrific movie with believable 3 dimensional characters with great acting and characters development including Dennis Quaid is Arthur the father of the protagonist Bart a aspiring Singer of the band Mercy Me.
Arthur is a broken unhappy man that couldn't accomplish his career dreams , a bastard that is intentional, physical abusive to his Wife and his son also discouraging including to Bart when he is a kid. If he had a bad day at work he would be physically abusive to his son or wife.
Not surprising his wife does leave him.
Bart does have success with his band because of gigs but can't get the big break because his music isn't authentic.
For him to write a song from his life that involves pain.
He returns back to his Dad's house which is when Arthur becomes a likable character, finds out his dad got involved in reading the Bible after exposure to Sermons on the Radio and he finds out that his dad has cancer.
Arthur a changed man because of Jesus Christ, does apologize to his son for his mistakes, goes to Church, and encourages to pursue and accomplish his career dreams.
Great scene
Arthur does make him breakfast but refuses understandable because Bart doesn't want all the things Arthur did wrong ignored or not talked about, Arthur does apologize except Bart still exits the house to avoid old wounds he can't leave on his Motorcycle and sees his dad in anger hitting his car with a baseball bat and falls down.
Bart sees this could hit him with the baseball bat that he grabs but doesn't instead moves him to the bed.
Bart is able to write the song I can only imagine and stops having hatred for his dad that he forgives and his dad dies.
He does sing the song I can Only Imagine with imagining his dad and him clapping with a bright white light and changing back with the crowd shown.
The breakout song for Bart and Mercy Me.
A logical name for the song since he does imagine his dad and can only imagine his reaction when singing the song and his reaction after since he's deceased.
I cried multiple times during this movie because it has sad scenes including when Arthur wants to make things right with his son he does apologize to Bart except Bart to avoid the wounds still leaves the house.
Also Arthur gave him the life insurance so Bart could pursue his professional dream and would have money.

It does have funny moments, and the romance subplot involving Shannon and Bart isn't forced.
Bart at a Bible camp meets Shannon, and her journal that opens after being dropped shows a page that she loves Bart. The romance starts early since both are kids.
Bart has a plausible reason why he breaks up with Shannon after High School graduation, and both get back together before the movie ends.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 01:45 AM
TheOneFirestorm

A Quiet Place
9/10

Start to the end a entertaining great movie.

A movie that has a simple literal title that is on the mark, and a perfect tagline If They Hear You They Hunt You since it is shown to be true.
The monsters are attracted to noise which is similar to Tremors.

A great Horror Post Apocalypse or Horror Post Apocalyptic movie about a family that has to avoid making noises to avoid the monsters, and having to fight for survival.

The main characters are believable flawed likable characters, great quality monsters and great design the monsters look like something from the great video game series Doom or Lovecraft Horror, decent violent climax, decent action, genuine scares, great drama, a terrific ending, and a great intentional unanswered question.
This is It Comes At Night kind of movie that has monsters.

It's a combination of I am Legend, Signs, and Tremors.

This movie is similar to the movie It Comes At night except it has monsters and trailer was not misleading which are huge differences because It comes at Night had a misleading trailer because it doesn't have a monster or monsters.
Night is the most dangerous time similar to I am Legend and is a apocalypse movie because most of Earth's human population killed by the sightless monsters.
The family has to go to stores to get food and supplies.
The monsters attracted to noises similar to the worms in Tremors, and set on a farm with 1 family which the movie Signs has.
It's a mix of Signs, I am Legend and Tremors except Lovecraft because its not known what created the monsters.
The monsters are shown briefly in the movie including snatching a kid at the start intentional with building anticipation or surprise when monsters are revealed for a long period of time.
I saw it yesterday afternoon a Great Unique Horror movie that has a simple literal title, and the tagline is shown true If They hear you they hunt you.
All of the main characters are likable Lee the Father, Evelyn the mother, Regan the deaf daughter and Marcus the son.
Marcus talks to his dad and asks about whose fault it was that Beau was snatched and killed with Lee saying it wasn't anyones fault, also when asks does he still love Regan which Lee tells Marcus he does.
Marcus says to Lee he should tell her he loves her which Lee does.
Regan did give Beau a toy rocket putting batteries in the toy which made loud noise, and the result Beau was snatched by a monster.

The monsters are attracted to noise since they can't see, have teeth that resembles what Venom a Marvel character has, and look like something from Doom or Lovecraft Horror.
The family lives on a farm has to go to stores to get food, and other supplies.
Origin for the monsters is never said or shown that makes the monsters extremely mysterious, and something viewers can endlessly debate what created the monsters.
Great climax with the father yelling so a monster can't kill the kids that are inside a pickup. Since Lee did promise Evelyn he would protect the kids he proved that promise true.
I did cry for this scene because Lee was able to protect his kids by sacrificing his life, and before he was killed telling Regan he loves her.
With what is shown in the movie it's possible Regan fears Lee doesn't love her because of her mistake.
He did tell Regan he loves her which was needed since he knows Regan gave Beau the toy rocket which Lee took away from Beau warning him noises made by the toy rocket would attract the monsters which had the result of Beau moves the toy rocket and he was snatched by a monster.
He didn't want her to have any doubts that he stopped loving her after she made a obvious mistake that had a awful result.
A monster walks to the basement, and hits tvs that make noise.
For some reason Regan is able to overwhelm the monster with loud noise with the monster falls down. Evelyn shoots the monster's head that kills the monster after the monster stood up and was moving toward Regan and Evelyn.
This attracts the other 2 monsters that Regan and Evelyn see on the tv running fast toward the house which is the ending.
A great intentional cliffhanger ending which I didn't anticipate.
It has a exciting great climax that involves a monster which is why i don't dislike or hate the cliffhanger ending with the unknown of do the monsters win and kill the family or does the family win killing the other 2 monsters, and does anyone of the family die that is in the basement.
In the basement is Marcus holding the baby, Evelyn and Regan.

This has flaws.

Why is a nail that is upward on the stairs?
Why does the family never use the Basement a safe haven in other scenes including when the kids play Monopoly? It's shown they can talk in this basement so wouldn't have to worry about making sounds.
Why do they not move away from the area if a sound is made if they can?

The family is using electricity but it's never shown what is providing the electricity. If it's a electric generator which makes a lot of noise why does that not attract the monsters? If it isn't then we don't see what is the device that provides electricity for the family.

2 Plot Holes
The kids were sinking in grain, but aren't sinking in the grain with a door on top of them while a sightless monster is attacking them.
It's clearly seen they aren't holding on the door so this inconsistency with no plausible reason is a plot hole.
Evelyn slams her hand on the Shower glass door which doesn't attract the Sightless Monsters which is a plot hole. It's not in the area where noise is being made a River, Behind a Waterfall which is why this is a obvious plot hole.

It isn't shown the sightless monsters killing most humans so the viewers need to fill in the blanks.

Did a vast number of sightless monsters kill most humans? It's implausible that 3 monsters killed most Earth humans because a high amount of humans including the Military have guns which could kill the monsters by shooting their heads.
'It's logical that a high amount of sightless monsters killed most humans because that is plausible.

Also were most or all humans that discovered the weakness killed by the sightless monsters?
This would explain why the family didn't know the weakness of the monsters before the climax.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 02:51 AM
Flyattractor

Justice League and Kingsman : The Golden Circle.

Both were pretty good.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2018 06:14 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote