KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (681): « First ... « 514 515 [516] 517 518 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

World War Z UNRATED!

I didn't notice a huge difference from the theatrical cut. Maybe a more brutal zombie head smash or two? But anyway, still a decent film, but the second half is much better than the first. The film ends strong and I think that helps it a lot. It'll be interesting to see if a Zequel still has much of an audience now that the zombie craze isn't what it used to be.

First Man

Really good. I'll be surprised if it's not in the running for Best Picture. Admittedly I didn't know much about Neil Armstrong other than he was the first man on the moon and he said the famous line.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 12:50 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah that "UNRATED" thing is really a kind of Hype Play. All Unrated means is that it is the FINISHED Movie just Before the MPAA decides on what Rating to give it.

OH and Last Movie... Bumblebee...It gets a C+ at best.

Bet that didn't go where you thought it was going to....

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 12:52 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah that "UNRATED" thing is really a kind of Hype Play. All Unrated means is that it is the FINISHED Movie just Before the MPAA decides on what Rating to give it.

Also the part where the Israeli soldier girl gets her hand chopped off might have had a bit more blood squirts. That seemed a little more R-rated.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2019 01:01 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Kazenji
Work has started on a sequel to last years Halloween movie.

Wow that is remarkably dumb considering what happened.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Jan 9th, 2019 10:21 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Most Hated Woman in America (2017)

Netflix original about Madalyn Murray O'Hair. It's good.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 02:09 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Wow that is remarkably dumb considering what happened.

The ending seemed open ended to me

didn't see no dead body of Micheal and then on the other hand not sure how he escaped from that basement.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 02:16 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

SHOP AROUND THE CORNER and YOU'VE GOT MAIL.
We wanted to see the original and remake back to back. Twas nice!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2019 03:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Finally saw Bumblebee. Liked it a lot, best Transformers movie so far.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 03:04 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Finally saw Bumblebee. Liked it a lot, best Transformers movie so far.

Too much Girl. Not Enough Bumblebee.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 03:08 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The last Mission Impossible. Damn good movie.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 03:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Too much Girl. Not Enough Bumblebee.

Logical complaint, but you can't have two straight hours of Transformers, it would cost a bajillion dollars

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 04:24 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Logical complaint, but you can't have two straight hours of Transformers, it would cost a bajillion dollars

I would have been happy with 90 minutes.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2019 04:32 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I re-watched Split again yesterday. James McAvoy really is a brilliant actor.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2019 07:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) 9/10. Might just be my favourite movie of 2018. And you know what a big Marvel fan I am.

A Star is Born (2018) 8/10. If only it wasn't for Bohemian Rhapsody... Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga deserve every nomination for every award they get.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 07:07 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Starship Troopers (1997)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2019 12:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Glass

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 18th, 2019 10:19 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) 9/10. Might just be my favourite movie of 2018. And you know what a big Marvel fan I am.

A Star is Born (2018) 8/10. If only it wasn't for Bohemian Rhapsody... Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga deserve every nomination for every award they get.

I watched those too. I've been sick the past week or so, so I've watched a bunch of movies...

300: Rise of an Empire (2014) - Has its visual moments, but ultimately not very good.
VICE (2018) - excellent, dark humor to make the depression bearable.
A Star Is Born (2018) - Very good and very depressing.
Bohemian Rhapsody (2018) - Very good, but I felt like Mike Myers should have had more to do.
Cowboys & Aliens (2011) - I remembered this being better than it is... it's not very good.
Sin City (2005) - still a masterpiece
Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014) - needed a better ending, otherwise better than I remembered

Michael Moore docs...

Sicko (2007) - great
Bowling for Columbine (2002) - great
Fahrenheit 9/11 (2004) - been 10 years or so since i saw it, really great.
Fahrenheit 11/9 (2018) - actually not quite done with this one yet, but it's good so far, too..

And with my son hanging out...

How to Train You Dragon (2010) - I really like this one
Bolt (2008) - my son likes dogs
Tangled (2010)- actually one of my favorite Disney movies.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2019 01:23 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Theater: Aquaman

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 07:57 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Originally posted by Kazenji
The ending seemed open ended to me

didn't see no dead body of Micheal and then on the other hand not sure how he escaped from that basement.

Him escaping that basement would be pretty damn unbelievable and will be extremely dumb if no reason is stated as to how the hell it happened which is bush league awful writing.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:01 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Spider Man Into The Spider Verse
10/10

A movie that shows the origin of Miles Morales becoming Spider Man, he has the expected growing pains having to learn how to use his powers which he discovers he has, also a Ben Kenobi helping him that is Spider Man (Peter Parker) From a Parallel Universe.
Multiple characters that have character development.

This also has something other Spider Man movies don’t have. Read the Spoilers to see what that is.
Logical reuse of lines and something else.
A terrific entertaining movie from start to the end, Terrific animation, 3 dimensional characters, a straight forward simple story, drama including Miles having to learn to be a super hero, great action scenes including a high action climax with high stakes which includes main super hero fighting the main super villain, great messages including why anyone can be a hero,great chase scenes, and a great ending.
A logical reason for why Spider Man Noir, Spider Gwen, and other Spider Super Heroes are in one universe.

Kingpin the Main Super Villain wants to use a Particle accelerator which would have dreadful drawbacks for New York City, why he wants to use the particle accelerator is shown in the movie.
Tombstone is Kingpin’s muscle also he does have 2 guns great to see this super villain get shown on the big screen. Scorpion and the Prowler both enforcers also work for Kingpin, and Doctor Octopus (Olivia Octavius) is Kingpin’s main scientist.

Common sounds from a comic book, words visible on the screen, and panels this is like a Comic Book shown on the screen. A terrific Stan Lee cameo that stands out.
A great twist that happens is believable.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Spider Man (Peter Parker) does break the 4th wall obviously talking about Spider Man 3 is a awful movie with the dance from the movie shown by Spider Man when Peter had the Black Costume, also talks about the Spider Man theme song does whatever a Spider Can, etc.

Miles uncle that is Aaron is revealed to be the Prowler a super villain that needs to find Spider Man( Miles Morales) and kill the new Spider Man.
Aunt May has an underground area that has multiple Spider Man costumes.
Spider Man (Miles Morales) Has 2 other powers a venom blast, and invisibility which he uses in the movie.

Most likely Jefferson after a autopsy finds out Spider Man (Miles Morales) did not kill Aaron aka the Prowler.
He encourages Spider Man during the climax to defeat the Kingpin which gives him the needed motivation to defeat Kingpin and destroy the accelerator.

Jefferson does accept that Spider Man (Miles Morales) and him have different methods for fighting and defeating Criminals also recognizes Spider Man as a hero.
Before that he hated Spider Man including the original Spider Man.
Miles know that with great power comes great responsibility which is why didn't want his powers because he can't have a ordinary life, after the climax he accepts the responsibilities of his new life.

Spider Man (Miles Morales) does tell the other Spider Man it's a leap of faith before dropping him so he'll return to his Universe.

The Prowler refuses to kill Spider Man when Miles removes his mask, even with Kingpin ordering him to kill Spider Man which has a high price because Kingpin shoots the Prowler.

Spider Man (Peter Parker) does decide to reconcile with Mary Jane, and somehow Spider Gwen in another universe can communicate with Spider Man (Miles Morales) using her cellphone.
The whole joke line about time get’s used, reuse of the action by Spider Man touching Kingpin’s shoulder releasing the venom blast, and Spider Man (Miles Morales) saying to Spider Man (Peter Parker) it’s a leap of faith for not knowing he’s ready.

Spider Ham and others talk to Miles that they know this occupation a toughest lesson is you can't save everyone which they know since they lost someone they love.
This was after Kingpin killed The Prowler.

Origins for Spider Man Noir and other Spider Super Heroes are shown in a comic book style.
Stan Lee’s characters works at a Store that sells cheap Spider Man costumes, and Miles does talk to him when buying a Spider Man costume.

Miles is able to create his own unique Spider Man costume that he does wear, and is able to pass the test since Spider Man (Peter Parker) webbed him to chair because Miles was able to use his venom blast, and go to the underground area with Aunt May saying a line about it took him a long time.
Spider Man (Peter Parker) did tell him it's a leap of faith he won't know if he is ready to fight Kingpin also others, and shut off the accelerator.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2019 05:09 PM