KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (122): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE II (LIGHT SIDE)- Arms Race

click click

click click

“Anzat is a total write-off. We’ve lost the entire project.”

click click

“Thank the Gods that Arazi got clear or we would have lost the facility to experiment at all.”

click click

“Why the hell were Droids used to take Nesere? No wonder the Jedi were suspicious! Why couldn’t the augments have done it? Or Strine’s men? At least we could have made SOME use of them before they died…”

click click

“I really don’t think you are taking this seriously. Haven’t you heard what else has happened?”

click click

“They say that there is a direct link between us and the attempt to kill those Jedi near Neimodia! How has that happened? And… even the Viceroy… they are saying it was OUR Agents that were trying to kill him too! What the hell is Ryamore doing?”

click click

“Damn it, man, we can’t just stand here and let this happen! Ryamore MUST be warned!”

click…

“You will do no such thing.”

“You can’t order me!”

“Tambor can, and these instructions come straight from him. The Jedi are not to be impeded.”

“But… but… but…”

“Droids were used because Strine’s men were unreliable and the augments would likely have killed Nesere rather than taking him. Technology does what it is told. Strine and that experiment had outlived its usefulness; we have the data on the augments we need to refine the idea. Arazi had his instructions. Security is not your brief, so events on Coruscant and Neimodia are not really any of your business.”

“But Ryamore…”

“… can take care of himself.”

click click

“The Jedi WILL come. They won’t let this go.”

“Then that will be an interesting opportunity to try out a few ideas, won’t it?”

“That’s a dangerous game you are playing.”

“Risk is part of my brief. These are risky times in any case. I’m comfortable with my part of things. You had better make your mind up just where you are going to stand.

Let the Jedi come…”

-

Ok folks, welcome to Episode II (Light Side) of the second Star Wars campaign! This is a direct continuation of the previous story, which was in fact one large Episode which has now been split in two. Therefore, no actual time has passed between games; the events of the last Episode move directly into this one.

As the game opens, the players have just concluded several missions that consisted of an abnormal amount of danger and Galactic importance. Death has been faced by everyone. The common link? A Conspiracy organising all three events that seems to be impenetrable and unstoppable.

On Anzat, Jedi Knight Roan was sent to stop a vicious group of pirates who were plaguing the area. But he found that the pirates were being supplied with slaves fitted with brain implants that forced them to fight- technology beyond the pirate’s ability. The slaver was known to the Jedi but not caught. But Roan’s Renegade friend Xeth who was with him on that mission received a tip-off from some old employers that the Techno-Union were behind the operation, and also the kidnap of a Taloranian scientist in the Anzat area, that the Union had been trying to get hold of for some time.

On Coruscant, whilst providing bodyguard duty to the Viceroy of the Trade Federation as a hearing was being conducted to see if he should stand trial for the Naboo incident, many assassination attempts were made, as other attempts were made to delay the hearing to give more time for the assassins to succeed. They were eventually stopped and killed but the suspicion is that they were Techno-Union security agents.

On Neimodia, trying to investigate the root causes of the attempts on the Viceroy’s life, Master Marcus led the mission, discovering a twisted web of internal politics and competitiveness between the Trade Federation and Techno-Union, culminating in a near-successful attempt on his life in a nearby space station. He has discovered leads that point to the Techno-Union as perpetrators as well.

All three investigations have thrown up one chief suspect- Carlan Ryamore, Vice President of Acquisitions and Security at the Techno-Union. Renegades and Jedi alike, all the players have an interest in pursuing this case through to a successful conclusion.

Right now, the Jedi are all re-united in the Temple on Coruscant. Here they can discuss what they have seen and heard and discovered. Soon, they will be taken to meet Yoda and other leading members of the Council, who are discussing the best next move in this difficult situation.

New players at this point are welcome. This is a big case- new Knights are those available for work who are being put onto this case as back-up. New Renegades are associates of Xeth, part of an organisation of Renegade Knights who have come together for mutual benefit. At this point, Master Clarion straddles the lines between both areas- currently working with the Jedi, she will move more towards the Renegade area this episode, unless she chooses to re-dedicate herself to more orthodox ways. New players are encouraged to talk to the old to get an idea what was going on, just as if you really were new people being assigned to an ongoing case. They know what is going on, and what they want out of you. Make sure you show respect for your seniors.

This mission is a HUGE collective effort, which means it is a biggie, with big stakes and big risk. The first Episode was your introduction to small scale investigations. This is your introduction to a large one, with a big team, and very diverse skills.

I gave a warning last Episode that a successful game would lean to a VERY dangerous finale. Of course, that has now been ported over to this game, so the same warning applies- success is your goal, but things will get very dangerous indeed if you get there. Be ready for that!

As before, there is no prohibition on seeing what the Dark Side are doing. Even if you don’t like doing that in general, they are still pursuing their own unconnected plot, so there really is no risk at all.

At this point, I need to ask everyone what, if any, predictive power they wish to use before the game starts. I’ll need to know it pretty quickly because once the plot gets underway you are forbidden from using them. As a reminder, the predictive powers you may have taken are:

Dreams. Using this gives you a small chance that the Force will have given you insight into what is to come in the upcoming story, giving you a chance to better react and deal with these events.

Foresight. This is better than Dreams- it represents you actually spending time to navigate the future to deliberately try and get warning of upcoming events. It can give far more clear and comprehensive visions than Dreams.

Instincts. The power of the Living Force gives you no warning about the future at all, but makes you more likely to do things right once you get there. A successful use of Instincts will give you a certain amount of re-rolls to use during the story, which you can use whenever a die roll goes badly to get a better result.

So, if you have Foresight, don’t use Dreams, Foresight is simply better. So if you have a choice, chose between either Cosmic Force prediction in advance, or Living Force sense at the time.

If you wish, you may reduce your force rating by one for the story to get +1 on your prediction roll. The Force power Augury also gives a bonus to these rolls, as does the Acolyte talent ‘Highly Symbiotic’. If the upcoming storyline is drastically relevant to you, you get +4 to the roll, but I will not tell you that in advance.

Choose one; I shall make the roll and tell you the result. Bear in mind that the rolls are not easy and if you get a result you have been lucky.

Good luck folks; the next post I make will be the starting situation.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 3rd, 2005 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Part One- Testing Ground

Coruscant, the Jedi Temple

You are currently in one of the quiet reading rooms of the Temple- presumably quite a large one! Here you are waiting before being summoned to the Council Chamber to meet the Council. Trorn, liaison to the Jedi Council, is with you, and can answer any questions you have for now.

As noted above, this is a good time to talk about your experiences with each other, and for new players to get adjusted.

And yes, this is a short introduction, because it is not actually the beginning of a new story.

So get to it!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 06:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
At this point, Master Clarion straddles the lines between both areas- currently working with the Jedi, she will move more towards the Renegade area this episode.

Cool! eek! And I'll take forsight Ush.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:05 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ill take Instinct and Dreams.

"Bloody hell!" stated Vlad. "Everybody completed their investigations... Exept me and Marcus! Damnit!" said Vlad.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:06 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

One only Vlad!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:07 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Dreams.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:09 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Instincts (and thinking of getting my force rating to drop one for the rest of the adventure that would mean from 15 to 14 right ush (I got 15 from the +1 with lvl 2 wisdom of the force)?)

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:10 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That is plus one to your pool, not your rating. It would leave your pool at 14 but your Force rolls at 13.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:11 PM
Fire

okie so I would still have as much pool it would just all be harder to do?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:12 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, basically.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:14 PM
Fire

nah leave it about spending the point just go for instincts for me

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:45 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

~... Comeone they take away some of the force pool... That sucks~

"Soooo... Wheres the council?" asked Vlad.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 09:37 PM
Fire

"The council is probably discussing a matter of great importance Vlad. They will summone us when they see fit."

*I walk over to the renegades, with a bit of pain still lingering in my left leg* (with a warm smiley on my face): "Roan, Xeth I am glad to see you r mission worked out fine. I heard it was a tough one but you seem to have managed quite alright."

*Then I walk over to Gundark* "Kellan it's good to see you again, as you have probably heard my meeting with Balek didn't go so well if it were not for young Vilpa and Vlad I would not have been here today."

*turns to vilpa and says with a voice, loud enough for Clarion and Gundark to hear* "You did great Vilpa, you did what I asked when I asked it of you. You showed bravery in a life threating situation I am very proud of you."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 10:18 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vlad puts a hand on Vilpas shoulder "Not to get any mushy or anything, but his right!" said Vlad.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 10:20 PM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

hm...

dreams

(yay! first action... ever!

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 10:59 PM
Delfedd is currently offline Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Clarion arches a fine brow in Marcus's direction, although she is aware of the fact that Marcus is an esteemed Jedi Master, there are times that she secretly finds his way of putting things insufferable. "Master Marcus, so good to see you here thanks to Vilpa." states Clarion, smiling sweetly.

Last edited by ~JP~ on Jan 3rd, 2005 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:37 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth shakes Master Marcus' hand, returning a warm smile in a Geonosian sense, probably quite disturbing to all others.

"Yes, it was a toughy, that mission. Not nearly as dangerous as our old days chasin' the Dark Jedi!" Xeth chuckles, patting Marcus on the shoulder.

Xeth approaches Master Clarion, not really sure what to expect and certainly devoid of the knowledge that she is a Jedi Master. "I don't believe we've met, miss. Xeth Tam, at your service!"

(That'll be Dreams for Xeth.)

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:46 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

*Delfedd's black cloak swishes across the floor as he steps foward Master marcus. Rolling his eyes, he bows and says* i do not believe we have met. I am Delfedd (see my name?) and I have been working with Xeth for a bit. Perhaps you have heard of me?

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:54 PM
Delfedd is currently offline Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

*To Marcus*
"Xeth is right, but strange stuff we've run into huh?"
*Roan Spots Clarion and tails Xeth*
"Likewise, I am Roan Trilanger."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 12:12 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

(Jelena requires a Foresight!)

Jelena stands back and observes the going-ons, feeling a tad anti-social due to the fact that the Renegades have returned, with the dark-looking Delfedd and the care-free Xeth. Very much what she is unused to.

She leans up against the wall, near where Gallagher is probably meditating.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 12:20 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote