KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The best car chase ?

The best car chase ?
Started by: vvvrulz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The best car chase ?

Something that featured in all three films frequently, was the high octane car chases. Which do you rate as the best ?

I've listed a few below:

- T-100 in cop car chasing Reese in another car (T1)
- T-100 chasing Reese again in a motorcycle (T1)
- T-1000 chasing John and Arnie in a truck (T2)
- T-1000 running after those who escaped the mental institute (T2)
- T-1000 in chopper versus the good guys in truck (T2)
- The long chase between T-X and Arnold involving a range of vehicles (T3)

Throw in your thoughts, and add to the list where appropriate !

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 09:16 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

I have to go with the T1000 in a truck chasing arnold and furlong. It's actually my favorite chase scene of any movie.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 05:17 PM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Yeah same here, it is also my favorite car chase from the films as well.

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:24 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Arnie supposedly chasing John in the hallway, with the shotgun/rose arrangement, then actually taking out T-1000.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:29 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Arnie supposedly chasing John in the hallway, with the shotgun/rose arrangement, then actually taking out T-1000.

Yeah I remember that part of that scene was in the original trailer of the film and the not knowing of whether Arnold's character was evil or good was something I found to be most interesting.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 10:40 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

That was a really pivotal moment there, pulled off to perfection, especially as each Terminator neared John, and momentarily stood in the hallway surrounding him. Had the audience holding their breath !

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 01:20 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
That was a really pivotal moment there, pulled off to perfection, especially as each Terminator neared John, and momentarily stood in the hallway surrounding him. Had the audience holding their breath !

Yeah I'll NEVER forget that. happy

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:37 AM
Konjammenson

During the teasers and trailers prior to T2's release date, keeping the identity of Arnold being the good guy was a major secret and they went to great lengths to keep it that way. They pulled it off great!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:48 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Konjammenson
During the teasers and trailers prior to T2's release date, keeping the identity of Arnold being the good guy was a major secret and they went to great lengths to keep it that way. They pulled it off great!

Its one of the things that made the film even greater.

Its a shame films don't use these simple ingredients anymore in their films.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:03 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

T3 made it far too obvious who was who IMO. Arnie should have been ruthless with that stripper guy, and what the HELL was with those glasses !!!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 10:45 AM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
T3 made it far too obvious who was who IMO. Arnie should have been ruthless with that stripper guy, and what the HELL was with those glasses !!!

T3 could have at least tried a little.

Normally Arnie would have seriously hurt the stripper if not nearly kill him.

The glasses were suppose to make the people laugh, I guess. wink

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 06:25 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Too early for my liking to bring out 'humor'

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 09:07 AM
Praylu

Yeah I agree, Terminator films are suppose to be a bit more serious with thrilling car chases and pursuits.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 04:27 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

It became standard hollywood. The corny jokes, the action, the chick...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 12:18 AM
Praylu

I completely agree

Had they gone the way of T1 and T2 they could have had more impactful and suspenful car chases and all and any other chases in the film.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:04 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The ultimate sin was the silence to me. You DO NOT have a silent car chase, full stop !

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 11:12 AM
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

the one in terminator 3, i love the cranes!!

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 03:40 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Yeah the funny thing about that chase was that Arnie crashed through a few buildings and still had his glasses on.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:05 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Haha yeah, also that guy who had his precious car totalled by the TX.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 11:03 PM
Konjammenson

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
T3 could have at least tried a little.

What is most sad about this is that they actually DID try. The glasses thing was a running competition throughout the whole production to see who on the crew could come up with the funniest glasses. Mostow knew fully what he was doing with that and really believed it was the best course of action.....tsk tsk

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 09:10 AM