KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Another VS. Poll

Another VS. Poll
Started by: Darth_Nefarus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Another VS. Poll

Episode 3 Obi-Wan manages to survive against both General Grievous and Darth Vader. General Grievous was the best hand to hand warrior that ever faced off against the Jedi, until Darth Vader. (IMHO) Yet, Obi-Wan defeated both of them.

However, Luke defeated the Mechanical Vader. (I argue is the more powerful Vader, as he has had many more years to master the darkside. His hatred for his wounds have fueled him into an efficient warrior and he was the head of the Jedi purge.) Now, While that is only one opponent, consider Luke's lack of training. He had maybe a few weeks at most with Obi-Wan, and not more than a few months with Yoda. I hardly doubt he had a full year's worth of Jedi training. Yet, with the force as his ally, he defeated the terrifying Darth Vader, argueably one of the most powerful Sith ever.

So I ask, who would win in a battle, EP3 Obi-Wan, or EP6 Luke?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

IMO Obi-wan

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 11:08 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

mechanical darth vader had mastered the dark side, yes, but was a wretched, tortured man who could hardly move. let's face it, do you think that if he had do, Darth Vader could do something as simple as run? He's seriously hindered by all his mechanics, so you can't judge this vader as being a decent swordsmen at all. and luke had some trouble beating him.

obi wan would beat luke.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 11:13 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Obi would SMASH Luke...Not only defeat but SMASH.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 11:52 PM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Obi-Wan would wipe the floor with Luke, wring him dry, and then do it again before Luke even turned on his lightsaber.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 04:00 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

Yup. this should prolly be a poll btw.

I mean, Obi beat the last "real" sith, not some old man who felt compelled to play a harmonica inside of his helmet. Seriously tho. look in ROTJ. He has a harmonica under his mask. thats prolly why he turned to the dark side. i'll bet his harmonica got broke, and it just let out that wheezy sound.

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:15 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

^^^ laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 05:59 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

It wasn't that funny.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

It was supposed to be a poll, but it didn't work.
I dunno, you guys are pretty convinced it's Obi-Wan, but Luke's power is far beyond Obi-Wan's.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 08:48 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I argue is the more powerful Vader, as he has had many more years to master the darkside. His hatred for his wounds have fueled him into an efficient warrior and he was the head of the Jedi purge."

You argue wrongly- GL has directly said he is LESS powerful than he was before. Luke was a half-trained boy (also out of GL's mouth, that) and would never have beaten Vader at this prime, before his injuries (if indeed he was Vader then).

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

see, ush is right. I mean look at the way they fight compared to the original trilogy. he looks as profesional as a guy with a baseball bat hitting people.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Well you can't really judge based on how we see them fight. The choreography differs greatly between the OT and the PT, so pretty much every lightsaber fight looks better in the PT than in the OT.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:26 AM
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

I know. it also shows that luke is an untrained farmboy.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:21 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Who defeats one of the most powerful Sith ever...
but you know....
no biggie....

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 03:18 AM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

One of the most powerful Sith who has long since been past his prime and is now a mere shadow of what he was. He couldn't fend off Luke if he tried. He was lucky at Cloud City 'cause Luke wasn't fully trained. Had he been I'm willing to bet Vader would have bought the farm.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 04:07 AM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Well, you also should consider the conflict going on inside Vader. If he did not know it was his son, it is possible he could have destroyed either the ESB Luke, or ROTJ Luke.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:17 AM
Jedi_Green
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Another VS. Poll

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
Episode 3 Obi-Wan manages to survive against both General Grievous and Darth Vader. General Grievous was the best hand to hand warrior that ever faced off against the Jedi, until Darth Vader. (IMHO) Yet, Obi-Wan defeated both of them.

However, Luke defeated the Mechanical Vader. (I argue is the more powerful Vader, as he has had many more years to master the darkside. His hatred for his wounds have fueled him into an efficient warrior and he was the head of the Jedi purge.) Now, While that is only one opponent, consider Luke's lack of training. He had maybe a few weeks at most with Obi-Wan, and not more than a few months with Yoda. I hardly doubt he had a full year's worth of Jedi training. Yet, with the force as his ally, he defeated the terrifying Darth Vader, argueably one of the most powerful Sith ever.

So I ask, who would win in a battle, EP3 Obi-Wan, or EP6 Luke?

Did you mean hand-to-hand like no man made weps?
Cause if you did then i reckon that sidious would wup ass with his lightning.

btw, obi-wan = 2nd best jedi so he could wup lukes ass. (he was the trained master not the apprentice.)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 12:23 PM
Click here to Send Jedi_Green a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi_Green Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

ROTS Obi-Wan would beat the crap out of ROTJ Luke...A jedi master vs. an untrained padawan, what do you expect?

Plus, mechanical vader was a weak cripple, there was no way he could have been more powerful than he was before the lava pit bath.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 01:01 AM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote