KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » why i am christian.

why i am christian.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by carnival_junkie
i realize this.

but usually if one has a belief, one is happier.
...[coming from an Atheist.]

Funny, because a large number of people become religious as a last resort against depression. Every Atheist I know is very happy and has no need for religion in their life.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:34 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Is this supposed to be like the opposite of that "Why I'm an Atheist" thread?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:36 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Being "blessed" in the Pagan sense doesn't seem like a blessing at all
because of?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:36 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

Yea i have always been the happiest and always felt the most blessed the times i have seeked after god more thats all big grin just thought i could make a thread and share that with other christians

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:37 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

So wait if you are a christian you are allowed to say what good christianity has done in your life but as an atheist you are not? Oh well I see that is fair.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:38 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnival_junkie
God

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Funny, because a large number of people become religious as a last resort against depression. Every Atheist I know is very happy and has no need for religion in their life.

i'm happy.
and i have no need for religion.
but i have christian friends who are so happy with their lives and choice of religion

I have no speech, no name. I live in the action of death, blood cry and the penetrating wound. I am destruction. Absolute and alone.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:38 PM
carnival_junkie is currently offline Click here to Send carnival_junkie a Private Message Find more posts by carnival_junkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Is this supposed to be like the opposite of that "Why I'm an Atheist" thread?
no then it would have been called Why Im religious which actually would be more apropriate cause then all religious could be invited to tell their tale not just the christians.

Im waiting for when the bickering between the denominations starts, thats gonna be a load of fun

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:42 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

So wait if you are a christian you are allowed to say what good christianity has done in your life but as an atheist you are not? Oh well I see that is fair.

..................................................................................................
no bardock you can make any post you want as far as i care. But i think its good to keep on the subject of a post, and the subject of this post is "why I am christian"
I inteneded this post for christians that can express their faith thats all

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:46 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42

No. There are no double standards. Start a thread about why you're an Atheist. Nobody will mind.

quote:
Originally posted by finti
no then it would have been called Why Im religious which actually would be more apropriate cause then all religious could be invited to tell their tale not just the christians.

Religious groups based on (a) God wouldn't have any business in a thread pertaining to a religion that doesn't believe in their existence.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:47 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
No. There are no double standards. Start a thread about why you're an Atheist. Nobody will mind.

Religious groups based on (a) God wouldn't have any business in a thread pertaining to a religion that doesn't believe in their existence.

There's already a thread about why people are atheist. It got derailed.

And people can post in whatever thread they want.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:50 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Religious groups based on (a) God wouldn't have any business in a thread pertaining to a religion that doesn't believe in their existence
even so the more appropriate way for this way would have been Why I believe what I believe, that away all different sets of beliefs could gotten invited instead of just chrisitans to talk about their faith. This way we could have one thread for all instead of one for each different set of beliefe their is

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:51 PM
Bardock42

Yes there are, she is a loowed to make a thread why she likes christianity, I am not, well I am if you had something to say I wouldn'T.

Oh and I am a christian cause my parents decided I should get christened and all that shite. Itws not bad though I don'T mind, until I have to pay.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:52 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

i don't care if anyone posts silver, i would just hope it pertains to the subject thats all big grin
I don't see people going into a terminator thread and talking about their favorite superhero spiderman. laughing

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:53 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

That's a fantastic idea. Start it and close this one.

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust

Not if they come in and derail the thread with inflammatory remarks, they can't.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
There's already a thread about why people are atheist. It got derailed.

Yeah there was an Atheist thread and plenty of Christians posted in there.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:54 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

even so the more appropriate way for this way would have been Why I believe what I believe, that away all different sets of beliefs could gotten invited instead of just chrisitans to talk about their faith. This way we could have one thread for all instead of one for each different set of beliefe their is
..........................................................................................
great idea finti i think you should make that post. As for me i made the post "why I am christian" and since christianity is a religeon and this is a religeon forrum it fits nicley big grin

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 09:55 PM
finti

quote:
That's a fantastic idea. Start it and close this one.
what to go to the Terminator thread and talk about spider man or???????

quote:
great idea finti i think you should make that post. As for me i made the post "why I am christian" and since christianity is a religeon and this is a religeon forrum it fits nicley
global mods can change the topic of this one you know then we are all would be happy?, I think it is more interesting to see all the different ways of beliefs in one thread instead of having to jump between the lot, but hey that is just me .
Of course I can start one but we need to have rules that any way people portray their belief are ok, and for those who dont believe must argue it on a civilised level, no cause it is crap, no cause its aload of shit,

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 10:00 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Yeah there was an Atheist thread and plenty of Christians posted in there.

..and did the Christians belittle the Atheists?

quote:
Originally posted by finti
what to go to the Terminator thread and talk about spider man or???????

My reply was in response to your starting a "why do you believe in what you believe" thread idea.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 11:26 PM
Afro Cheese

I can't remember but they certainly weren't talking about why they were Atheist.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 11:29 PM
moviejunkie23

well then maybe its safe to say there are christians and atheists that should remember to respect eachother.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 02:58 AM