KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » why i am christian.

why i am christian.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

...which'll never happen in a gazillion years. No religions (or non-religions) will ever really respect each other. People are just too stupid.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 05:04 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
well then maybe its safe to say there are christians and atheists that should remember to respect eachother.

Athiests Usually respect other religions, (all the ones that I've talked to) its the Other religions that have the problem. Most religious people have their heads way to far up their own asses to relize that
A) they may not be right
B) It doesn't really matter if they are right or not,
C) It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 06:36 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

Athiests Usually respect other religions, (all the ones that I've talked to) its the Other religions that have the problem. Most religious people have their heads way to far up their own asses to relize that
A) they may not be right
B) It doesn't really matter if they are right or not,
C) It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.
.................................................................................................
ok man at some point these points are just getting silly.
Athiests respect other religeons beside your other comment religeos people have heir heads up their butt, yea man great showing of respect.
As for your points
A) they may not be right.
Though everyone should respect eachother a christians faith depends on that they are right. You don't say i may be saved by god but i may be wrong laughing I have a personal relationship with jesus christ but hey he may not exist. Common man think about it.
B) it doesn't really matter if they are right or not.
There whole way of life depends on wether they are right or not. Don't play boss man and tell someone how they should believe. You want them to respect other people then try respecting them as well.
C)It is contradictory to whatever religion they believe in to hate/hurt/whatever other people from different or the same religion.
uuuuuhhhhhhhhh yea??????? there are some people that misuse and follow theri religeon unaccrodingly but that is not a reflection of the religeon but of that person that does that. I thought we have visited that point 5000 times in these posts.
I can see these posts are going to be essentialy trying to explain to people the same thing over and over that follow on empty ears. If you want to play better than you games and say people in your religeon have their heads up their butts and every athiest is great then your just biased and its pointless to try to talk sense. I thought i would try though. But it seems some people like to point a finger at all christians becasue some are unaccepting and then act unaccepting towards the whole group of christians. Try to practice what you preach, thats all. Show the same respect and courtesy you want christians to show other people to christians. Its not hard

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 06:47 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yes there are, she is a loowed to make a thread why she likes christianity, I am not, well I am if you had something to say I wouldn'T.

Oh and I am a christian cause my parents decided I should get christened and all that shite. Itws not bad though I don'T mind, until I have topay.
Then you are'nt a christian

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:24 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually I am.
I don'T belive but anyway you are implying that I there are different rules for me cause I am not Christian. I wouldn'T ming If mj23 would open an why I am atheist thread, wouldn'T make sense I wouldn'T mind though.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:29 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

You are only a Christian if you believe all the stuff. If you don't believe it, then you arn't a Christian.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:50 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

still I should be allowed to open a thread claiming that I am, or ate least whats good aboot it, anyway it doesn'T matter so much since I was allowed to.
I think I will stop posting in this one though, since I don't consider myself chrisitian.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:54 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

If you will claim to be a christian, I will claim to be a 6ft tall rabbit named frank.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:09 PM
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

You didn't watch Donnie Darko did you?
I bet the Catholic church wouldn't mind me pay taxes for them.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:11 PM
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

dammit I posted again

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 05:11 PM
moviejunkie23

Hi.. My name is Bryan, I am a 27 year old male from Oregon. I found the Lord Jesus when I was 18, and have been walking with him for 9 years, granted it has not always been easy, but if there is one thing I have always believed, it's that Jesus will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5) He is always there with you..
When I was 10 years old I found out that there was a God when my mother introduced "church" to me. She was a loving mother, but had alot of inner problems. She thought that being a Christian meant you went to church on Sunday, and you could do whatever you wished for the rest of the week. A very poor example at best, but she was still searching for what Jesus really meant, as we all do everyday of our lives. When I was in 7'th grade I attended a Christian school, but never really knew the TRUE Jesus.

When I was 15, I was introduced to the joys of Alcohol, and shortly after, began to get into drugs. As my addictions to these began to grow stronger, so did my temper and hatred for mankind. I rebelled against everything you could possibly think of, Jesus, my parents, Christianity, School leaders, ETC. I was thrown out of school a number of times for fighting and talking back to teachers, but it did'nt matter to me, you see, because I lived for the next party.

This went on for a few years, till I turned 18. When I was 18, I was introduced to Jesus, not the Jesus you hear about in church, but a living, breathing Jesus. He lived in a man that I consider today to be a very dear friend. You see, this man, walked with Jesus, and it showed in everything he did. His family life, his work, everything. I began to slowly realize that this man was happy, and that I wanted that peace and joy in my life, So when I was 18, I gave my life to a living Jesus.

I began to read the word (Bible) And pray alot. As I got stronger in Jesus, people began to notice the change in me. Not your everyday run of the mill people, either: gang members, drug dealers, witches, and a wide variety of others. They would just come up to me on the street, and want to know about this Jesus person that changed my life so much. So I told them, and through me, Jesus was reaching out to others. It was an enormous responsibility sometimes, but it was worth it, to see the changes in people as they found the Living God, not a dead God, that died on a cross so long ago, but a LIVING, breathing God. Someone that would be there in every aspect of their lives; someone that would reach out and touch them, and take away all the pain they felt in their lives; someone that would leave the whole flock to come and find just the one sheep that had strayed. (matthew 18:12-14).

So here I am, I'm 27. It has been 9 years since I began my walk with Jesus, and granted, it has not always been easy, but he has always been there for me when I needed him..

...................................................................................................
i thought i would bring this post back to what it was intended with another christian testimony big grin
i was realising this room was turning into another debate room, i will try to keep it as on topic as i possibley can hehe

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 09:42 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
So here I am, I'm 27. It has been 9 years since I began my walk with Jesus, and granted, it has not always been easy, but he has always been there for me when I needed him..

i hear sth. like that often, because my family is christian.... but i cant say that he's there for me when i need him... he really isnt erm confused
i dont want to say that you must be wrong, but at the moment im doubting this all... how could i know that he is there if i dont feel him and ive got no other proof? erm

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 10:57 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I found the Lord Jesus when I was 18,
found him?, never knew he was lost

quote:
When I was 10 years old I found out that there was a God
found out that you believe there is a god yes

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:22 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

@finti this is a "christian" thread, not a discussion thread if there is a god, so you cant question his statements if they match the christian belief...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 01:30 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
finti this is a "christian" thread, not a discussion thread if there is a god, so you cant question his statements if they match the christian belief...
its part of a forum which makes anything up for discussion

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:59 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

Lets discuss Finti's taste in other men then

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 07:13 PM
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

Frodo and finti sitting in a tree...

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 08:24 PM
finti

quote:
Lets discuss Finti's taste in other men then
interest in other men nah thats your department

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 10:37 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Let's stay on topics, guys. yes

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:55 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

My thank you thread is more popular than yours
mwuahhahahahahahahaha

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 05:12 PM