KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jesus' teachings that benefit society

Jesus' teachings that benefit society
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

BURN!
No, that sucks man....reminds me of some other people...
Ahem....

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 01:30 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
BURN!
great album, great album Deep Purple 1974!!!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:45 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

laughing out loud
Deep Purple.........stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 02:48 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by finti
you obviosly never met my neighbour no I ma dead serious, have you have one of your kins killed?..... I have, so tell me to the perpetrators.............. no way. I am a Norwegian a Norseman, viking blood runs trough my veins and our way is to get even
Sorry to hear about that man.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 03:50 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

Yeah, and look what happened to him. He got crucified and tortured(backfire)
...............................................................................................
Yea and he did that out of love. He also did that with you and everyone else in mind. He knew people would scoff about him as you do, he talked about it in the scripture. But even those who curse him he loved unto being ortured in a grueling manor. He was a true representation of peace and love even to his death.
Its not about i am right and you are wrong. Its about my beliefs promote love piece and tolerance. There is nothing harmfull about christianity when it is practiced according to the teachings of jesus.
How many ways do i have to paint a picture before you start to see the colors man?

I am so sorry to hear about a family memeber Finti sad

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 06:05 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
Yeah, and look what happened to him. He got crucified and tortured(backfire)
...............................................................................................
Yea and he did that out of love. He also did that with you and everyone else in mind. He knew people would scoff about him as you do, he talked about it in the scripture. But even those who curse him he loved unto being ortured in a grueling manor. He was a true representation of peace and love even to his death.
Its not about i am right and you are wrong. Its about my beliefs promote love piece and tolerance. There is nothing harmfull about christianity when it is practiced according to the teachings of jesus.
How many ways do i have to paint a picture before you start to see the colors man?

I am so sorry to hear about a family memeber Finti sad

Uh huh, point is that you can't always turn the other cheek. Like Finti said, you do that and you'll get run over.

Somethings you have to fight against and you can't simply ignore.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 07:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Yeah sometimes by turning the other cheek you're making yourself more prone to become a victim.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 03:44 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
jesus fallowed that. He prayed forgive them father for they no not what they do when he was being killed. Jesus according to my faith also overcame death after this three days later and ascended into heaven. Thats not being run over
It took him 3 days to respawn? You would have thought the son of God would have good bandwidth.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:34 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
True, but none of those are taught only by Christianity. In fact you must donate 2% of whatever you have, yearly, to the poor if you are Islamic.
But then they are donating by doctrine, and not to help the poor. Am I contradicting myself a bit here?

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:36 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

well its not that different from your belief, you should spent for the poor to get into heave also no unselfishness. Oh and by the way, didn'T this nice guy Jesus curse a tree and killed a lot of pigs? And really this are a lot of general belifs that Jesus promoted, not worse because of that but surely not too special either.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 04:41 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
and impossible task even for the christians who claim to say different, get a kin slayed and then come back to me and talk about loving your enemy

You can't speak on behalf of someone whom you have no clue as to their level of resolve or strength of faith. Christians are tought to love their enemy, because their (enemies) ultimate fate will be decided by God, if said person believe in him or not, that's what we're taught to believe.

quote:
I am a Norwegian a Norseman, viking blood runs trough my veins and our way is to get even

Violence begets violence. Apparently, in your religion or lack there of, it's your will to decide peoples fate, and that doesn't hold true for everyone, of course.

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, and look what happened to him. He got crucified and tortured

He was also resurrected and had eternal life in a place FAR better than Earth.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 08:43 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

Uh huh, point is that you can't always turn the other cheek. Like Finti said, you do that and you'll get run over.

Somethings you have to fight against and you can't simply ignore.
...................................................................................................
great backfire i am glad you have your own ideas about life. I respect that, why can't you respect mine?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 08:52 PM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are respecting them, we just think they are wrong

You are not telling nobody nothing

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 10:12 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Well if you make a thread that said "jesus's teachings that benefit society" and then you list teachings you believe benefit society and somebody questions one of them, are they not respecting your beliefs or are they voicing their opinion on the topic of the thread? I'd say it's the latter.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 10:37 PM
finti

quote:
You can't speak on behalf of someone whom you have no clue as to their level of resolve or strength of faith
yeah I would like to see the person who doesnt attempt to defend oneself or their kids let alone one who got someone dear to them killed and still loving the perpetrator.

quote:
Violence begets violence. Apparently, in your religion or lack there of, it's your will to decide peoples fate, and that doesn't hold true for everyone, of course.
I hold no religion, and and eye for an eye is kind of biblical

quote:
Christians are tought to love their enemy, because their (enemies) ultimate fate will be decided by God, if said person believe in him or not, that's what we're taught to believe
what you are thaught and how you react are two totaly different things

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:39 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Although i am totally athiest, and dont believe that jesus the carpenter was divine at all, a lot of the messages and teachings that he gave to people were good teachings, and are relevent today just as they were relevent then (to forgive one another, to love your neighbour as you love yourself, to live in peace, etc..)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 12:08 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote