KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Constructive Criticism

Constructive Criticism
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

Constructive Criticism

I suggest we use this thread to discuss personal poems written by actual members.... helpful comments, reasons for likes/dislikes etc.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 12:03 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Damn, I was gunna do this too stick out tongue

Okay, I want tpo point out that I like BlackC@t's first poem, but I wasn't entirely sure about her second poem.

BC, what sort of message was that meant to give across about your mother?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 12:31 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Explan to me please how this thread is different to the sticky one.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 01:08 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Read the stickied one... it was your idea to separate the discussions about famous poets/poetry and member poetry.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:52 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Although they could be named better stick out tongue

Basically, that one is about contempory 'proffessional' poetry, whereas this one is for poems written here by the members.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 05:15 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I think they're titled quite logically; members are posting their own work looking for 'constructive criticism' and the discussion thread is exactly as it states, a thread for the discussion of poetry. Just, not member poetry roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 07:28 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Lol. So, you got any constructive criticism for my poems?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:29 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Read the stickied one... it was your idea to separate the discussions about famous poets/poetry and member poetry.

Erm, no it wasnt. I suggested that each one gets his/her own thread. Go re-read it.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:36 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

What about you, Lil. Got any views on my poems?

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:11 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

It was a poem of how I really feel, that's what poetry's all about.

Are you saying you had a problem with my poem?

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 07:57 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Oh, and please, call me C@t happy

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 07:57 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
kk, I stuck it, so all is set now happy

Ok, another question, are you guys thinking of having this discussion thread to discuss only poems written by you, or everything?

My suggestion would be to have a seperate thread if you want to discuss opets - as in, each thread for a different poet.

Yeah, to separate the threads with regard to other poets and their poetry. You asked if there was a reason for this thread and I said yes, it's to discuss member poetry.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 10:20 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
It was a poem of how I really feel, that's what poetry's all about.

Are you saying you had a problem with my poem?

No problem, I just coudn't relate to it. Sorry. wink

You read any of my stuff? It's all nonsense stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 01:44 PM
Peach
mordrem

I posted a couple of my things...smile if anyone cares to read.

I like your poems Trickster yes

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 02:08 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Ok, not only is this teribly off topic, but its getting confusing, so closing.

Use the other thread for member poetry discussions.

All other poets or writers you like or feel we should know about, please start a new thread about him/her.

Hope thats little clearer.

Closing.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:42 PM