KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Wachowskis = Thieves?

Wachowskis = Thieves?
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I already TOLD you guys that the original article was inaccurate. That correction is to be found everywhere.

So it might have been nice if people had read that...

So I repeat, there are no indications anywhere that she is in line to win, or even that her case is credible. There was a legal argument that the RICO element of her case was inadmissable, but that has not transpired; that is ALL that has happened, that her case has not been derailed on a technicality.

Some more fact checking would benefit you, CA.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:18 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I guess I'll actually post one of the sites I have been sourcing from... from The Hot Blog:

"December 07, 2004
More on Terminator/Matrix v Sophia Stewart
On October 28, a student newspaper at Salt Lake Community College printed an erroneous story on Sophia Stewart's RICO lawsuit against The Wachowskis, Jim Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd, Fox and Warner Bros and others.

Poorly reported by one Martha Carter, the story says that "Monday, October 4th 2004 ended a six-year dispute" and that Ms. Stewart has " will recover damages" and that "she will soon receive one of the biggest payoffs in the history of Hollywood, as the gross receipts of both films and their sequels total over 2.5 billion dollars."

None of that is true. What is true is that on September 27, 2004, US District Court Judge Margaret M. Morrow made a preliminary ruling that the RICO element of the suit would not be thrown out on purely legal grounds, though some of the charges were dropped against Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox. There was no finding of fact emerging from this hearing and not even the glimmer of a trial that would find guilt or innocence.

The story ran on the community college website, was picked up by Manhunt.com, which bills itself as "The digital resource for blazin' urban news." Eventually their story was passed to and published by Ain't It Cool News. By the time I was alerted to the posting and went to AICN, the link was gone. Presumably, someone explained just how inaccurate the story was and AICN did the responsible thing at that point."

Please feel free to look at the ruling:

http://moviecitynews.com/notepad/2004/041207_wach.html

You will noe that seven of her claims were dismissed outright, unless she re-submits them, just as I mentioned earlier.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:30 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

good work Ush but.. who does really cares? everybody still likes the matrix movies anyways roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:41 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Theres a twilight zone episode exactly like the matrix.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:16 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clavis
HOT

yay tell us where to find it eek!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:54 PM
Clavis is currently offline Click here to Send Clavis a Private Message Find more posts by Clavis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

hmm this is interesting but i find it hard to believe that james cameron would copy the story from some1 and make a movie out of it. james cameron was a genious, and he told how he made the story of terminator in the special edtion dvd. and it was convincing.

and the timeline is also a question. she wrote the book in 1981 and then gave it to I DONT KNOW WHO in mid 1983. james cameron had almost certainly started production of THE TERMINATOR by then because the movie got released in early 1984. so there's her lie caught i guess

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 09:34 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

"I am ashamed of my own people's belief system. They used to have faith and they used to believe in God, but now they have become like the same fat ass arrogant White counterpart who only believe in the all might dollar! "

This is the women who's claming to be all amazing!?

what the hell is that?

she can lick my balls as far as im concerned

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 03:40 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

You know this chick was lying. She just wanted her fifteen minutes of fame, and wanted some money.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:20 AM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i am worried that she did get the money. i certainly hope that didnt happen

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 10:59 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I don't think she got any money at all.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 09:03 PM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunno if this got reported elsewhere, but this case got dismissed in June, after no evidence was offered.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 12:02 AM
Superfly4000

Happy Dance

Old Post Aug 10th, 2005 03:25 PM
Superfly4000 is currently offline Click here to Send Superfly4000 a Private Message Find more posts by Superfly4000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I mean if she had actual evidence that the Wachowskis stole the matrix, i might take into consideration her claim that she wrote, but you know she was lying when she sued James Caremon also.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 02:40 AM
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

The case is old news its been around for some time now. The fact that she finally got WB in court is amazing to me. I hope she gets nothing from tihs. Stupid old woman just wanted some camera time. And btw i would like to see that Twilight Episode about the matrix, Links please.
I agree with others, no matter who wrote or directed or acted in the matrix movies i will still be interested in the story and will be my all time favorite movie trilogy.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 01:21 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote