KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The word "god"

The word "god"
Started by: Arena Host

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arena Host
Warlord

The word "god"

To say "I beleive in god" is very foolish. To say "I do not beleive in God" is also foolish. Look up the word "god".

"God" is just a word created by humans to label something they worship. A person does not beleive in a god, a person has to consider something a god for it to be their god. I'd advize so called atheists to stop answering the stupid question, "Do you beleive in god?", tell people you do not beleive that their god created the universe.
A "Creator" created the universe. You decide whether or not you want to allow something to become your god.

"It is a mind trap, saying something is a god when you do not worship it."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:03 PM
Arena Host is currently offline Click here to Send Arena Host a Private Message Find more posts by Arena Host Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

In the English language, the common noun "god" is equivalent to "deity", while "God" (capitalized) is the name of the unique deity of monotheism.
Atheism is the view that there are no gods or God.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:14 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arena Host
Warlord

Then why do people ask them if they "beleive" in god?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:08 AM
Arena Host is currently offline Click here to Send Arena Host a Private Message Find more posts by Arena Host Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evanescence
Bring Me To Life

it's 'believe'

had to correct that.

Join my Terminator site if you want!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 07:16 AM
Evanescence is currently offline Click here to Send Evanescence a Private Message Find more posts by Evanescence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ushomefree

Arena Host

Are you an idiot or what?

Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I thought the word "God" was actually a top secret word derived from Aliens that live in your closet.

The word "God" simply gives a title to the essence of our creator. Your name is also man made. That doesn't mean that YOU don't exist!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 02:56 AM
ushomefree is currently offline Click here to Send ushomefree a Private Message Find more posts by ushomefree Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

It doesn't! eek!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 03:08 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

we must name all things that we speak of in order to convey thoughts to one another.. what you're saying is that we dont eat cereal with a spoon, just because spoon (and possibly cereal or whatever) are words coined by 'the man'

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:37 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

ushomefree - Stop insulting people.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

THERE IS NO DOG - the dyslectic atheist

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:18 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a dog, I believe in my Dog!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 12:58 PM
Chain Smoker is currently offline Click here to Send Chain Smoker a Private Message Find more posts by Chain Smoker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

(On a side note: Forum Guidelines & Rules, Offensive Posts Chain Smoker)

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:01 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is offensive in what I said? confused

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:10 PM
Chain Smoker is currently offline Click here to Send Chain Smoker a Private Message Find more posts by Chain Smoker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

It' s your signature.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:13 PM
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

What signature? I didn't sign my name anywhere??

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:24 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

(The images or lines under our post are called signatures.)

Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:27 PM
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Am I not allowed to have a beautiful woman as my signature?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:31 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

(Ofc, but not that explicit I' m afraid.)

Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:39 PM
Chain Smoker
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Explicit" is a relative term - to me it's not explicit.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:52 PM
Arena Host
Warlord

I think most of you have missed the point I was trying to convey.
Both "God" and "god" mean the same thing.

Let me put it this way:
Anything can become your god whether real or not real, but it only becomes your god and not someone else's. Asking the question "Do you believe in god?" to someone who does not consider it their god is stupid. The question is invalid for what it is used for. Replying to it means "Yes it is my higher power to worship, but I don't believe it exists." They should be asking "Do you beleive in my god?". Do you understand why I call it a mind trap? Replying to it is like admitting that the god they are asking about is already your god.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:00 PM
finti

quote:
Both "God" and "god" mean the same thing
yeah, the only difference is in the capital letter

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 04:33 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote