KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs. Conor Mcleod

Wolverine vs. Conor Mcleod
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinzin

Okay when was wolverine hit with bullets and down for weeks, are you refering to the comic where he unexplainibly lost his powers? the guys been shot at and stabed by over 100 pirates in madripoor (in a single fight) and wasn't even slowed down, and even if this was the case, so what, highlander enters a death state when you shoot him, (how the hell does the bullet thing help your arguement).

Wolverine, cuts through most japanese steel like a hot knive through butter, conner's sword isn't magical so he has no advantage over wolves,,,,none.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:16 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

It's kinda hard to tell if he was "slowed down" or not, seeing as he was drawn in frames, on account of being in a comic. You see what i'm getting at? There's no time and infinite time between frames yo, just thought i'd clear that up for you.

Enter's a death state when you shoot him? No, he dies if you shoot him enough. Then comes back to life rather quickly completelly healed of his wounds. Could Wolverine do this to Connor Macleod, sure, but it's not gonna happen.

Wolverine cuts through most Japanese steel yes, but not all, than you for pointing that out. Connor's sword is mentioned in the first film as being particularly resilient. It would hold up just fine.

I don't know how you could just assume that one of the few types of characters that could actually be considered a much better fighter than Wolverine would just let him break his sword. Like nobody's ever tried it over 600 years or something.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:03 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

whats this japanese steel shit? the best steel to use for a samurai sword is 420 steel, and STEEL is nowhere as powerful as ADAMANTIUM, i think we all know what adamantium is in comics and that its indestructible, so he could cut ANYTHING that is under the range of adamantium

sometimes i really see you as the biggest fanboy on this forum (oh the irony!!!)

in wolverine: netsuke, wolvie fought a few samurai, he didnt even have to break any of their swords, he just dodged all their attacks and took them all out in a few seconds, yes you can tell time from the panels because its happening in sequence, if its a fight you know every swing is happening after the other so a page of panels can very easily be just 5 seconds depending on how the artist drew it

oh yeah, his fight against fleets of ninja AND lord shingen WHILE poisoned, in case you didnt notice ninja use "japanese steel" too (you could quit putting it in "kill bill" context, its the same steel as the one used anywhere else lol) and they dont pose ANY threat towards wolverine, he doesnt even bother cutting the swords as its the honorable thing to do while locked in battle, he doesnt have to, theres no way connor mcleod could hurt him, and theres definitely about 100 ways wolvie could kill connor in a moment

Last edited by Havoc470 on Jan 25th, 2005 at 01:38 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:36 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

as for wolvie being hit with bullets and being down for weeks, heres a panel from a recent comic
(please log in to view the image)

after that, he gets smacked in the face by USAgents shield and then has a gas tanker blow up well in his range....and this is what ends up happening
(please log in to view the image)

so no, its never happened, except for that comic where he lost his powers...and i dont even recall him getting shot, but i havent read it in a while so i could be wrong

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:47 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

if someone could send me the issue number or a site where they talk of him losing his abilities can you post it here?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:00 PM
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Enter's a death state when you shoot him? No, he dies if you shoot him enough. Then comes back to life rather quickly completelly healed of his wounds. Could Wolverine do this to Connor Macleod, sure, but it's not gonna happen.

Why not ?
quote:
Wolverine cuts through most Japanese steel yes, but not all, than you for pointing that out. Connor's sword is mentioned in the first film as being particularly resilient. It would hold up just fine.

No it wouldn't. Sure, it's a cool, sharp and strong sword, but nothing more. It's just not as strong as adamantium, not by far, so Wolverine would have no problem at all cutting the sword.
quote:
I don't know how you could just assume that one of the few types of characters that could actually be considered a much better fighter than Wolverine would just let him break his sword. Like nobody's ever tried it over 600 years or something.

Hm, not even 500 years, but I'm nitpicking. The fact remains, however, that Wolverine also has lots of experience, AND has fought stronger, faster, more deadly and bigger opponents than Highlander.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 06:13 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc470
whats this japanese steel shit? the best steel to use for a samurai sword is 420 steel, and STEEL is nowhere as powerful as ADAMANTIUM, i think we all know what adamantium is in comics and that its indestructible, so he could cut ANYTHING that is under the range of adamantium

sometimes i really see you as the biggest fanboy on this forum (oh the irony!!!)

420 steel is what surgeons use because it can be sharpened particularly well. You've been reading too much Budk. 420 is crap. If you had at least said 5560 warrior grade steel I'd beleive you knew half of what you were talking about. 420! Bah! I spit on that. And i never said Wolvie couldn't cut it, just that Connor wouldn't let him, stop misqouting me before you call me a fanboy, fanboy.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 11:55 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid

Why not ?

No it wouldn't. Sure, it's a cool, sharp and strong sword, but nothing more. It's just not as strong as adamantium, not by far, so Wolverine would have no problem at all cutting the sword.

Hm, not even 500 years, but I'm nitpicking. The fact remains, however, that Wolverine also has lots of experience, AND has fought stronger, faster, more deadly and bigger opponents than Highlander. [/B]

Not even 500 years? You must be thinking of Duncan. Even if i said 6,000 years you couldn't necessarily call me a liar, An immortal's experience who has taken many heads is incalculable.

Stop nit picking, Wolverine has fought many people with swords and while it's true he goes threw most of them like butter a few have held up just fine. Connor's being a particularly fine example even when compared to the best swords should theoretically hold up for more than long enough to claim a victory.

Wolvie has fought some tought things, but let's stop counting the things he hasn't beat. Connor doesn't have a huge archive for me to draw on so It's harder for me to site battles. Kergan however did display more than human strength, The lord of Illusions was no cake walk, and Connor is a better fighter than Duncan, who has killed 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, the worlds best assassin, people with mind control and other strange powers, an ancient doomsday beast etc.

Sorry for citing Duncan but Connor's only appeared in 4 movies so I don't have as much to draw on as those who are saying Wolvie would win.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 12:04 PM
Havoc470
Smo

quote:
420 steel is what surgeons use because it can be sharpened particularly well. You've been reading too much Budk. 420 is crap. If you had at least said 5560 warrior grade steel I'd beleive you knew half of what you were talking about. 420! Bah! I spit on that. And i never said Wolvie couldn't cut it, just that Connor wouldn't let him, stop misqouting me before you call me a fanboy, fanboy.

5560 warrior grade steel -_-..............it shows that you know absolutely nothing of swords

since the samurai sword was invented, the type of steel they used ranged from 420 to 440, it didnt have that name, but thats the name of it now......paul chen, he makes all his swords traditionally and also the best swords on the market today, from samurai swords to viking swords, the samurai swords are done in 420 and some of his viking swords are made from iron

5560 warrior grade steel? considering that connor mcleod's sword is ANCIENT?........i think you've just redefined fanboyism

misquoting you?
quote:
Originally posted by Havoc470
in wolverine: netsuke, wolvie fought a few samurai, he didnt even have to break any of their swords, he just dodged all their attacks and took them all out in a few seconds, yes you can tell time from the panels because its happening in sequence, if its a fight you know every swing is happening after the other so a page of panels can very easily be just 5 seconds depending on how the artist drew it

that was my direct response to your quote

Last edited by Havoc470 on Jan 28th, 2005 at 04:24 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:21 PM
Havoc470
Smo

quote:
Wolvie has fought some tought things, but let's stop counting the things he hasn't beat. Connor doesn't have a huge archive for me to draw on so It's harder for me to site battles. Kergan however did display more than human strength, The lord of Illusions was no cake walk, and Connor is a better fighter than Duncan, who has killed 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, the worlds best assassin, people with mind control and other strange powers, an ancient doomsday beast etc.

good roster for connor, but none of his enemies had an idestructible metal alloy grafted to his skin or a healing factor or claws made out of that same alloy WITH extensive martial art and tactical experience

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:32 PM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Ummm, you do realize that all Immortals have a healing factor, you open you mouth quite often i bet your foot would fit right in it. And a few of them were even renouned as the very best fighters.

You're still with 420 eh? I can't beleive how ignorant you're being. 420 is highly maleable. Making it excellent for forming sharp tools. Of course this very maleability is what makes it poor choice for weapons if the intended use is actual combat. 420 and 440 is often used because it is easy to machine cast. Any sword maker could tell you this. You'd be laughed at by a traditional sword maker for suggestion that he uses 420. Stop calling me a fanboy because you've decided to take an ignorant route. Get your head out of the BudK catalog and realize that a good sword will likely run you more than 1000 dollars instead of the 20 dollar crap you can get in 420 steel. You might as well save face now and admit you're wrong instead ranting on like an ignoranus.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 01:18 PM
jinzin

well technically their healing factor isn't the same as wolverine (ie kurgens throat) so if they got their eye cut out I doubt it would reappear anytime soon unlike wolverine.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 06:49 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Can we please stop the sword/steel talk ? Who gives a hoot about which steel it's made of. Wolverine will cut through it like a hot knife through butter, because his claws are made of the hardest metal there is. He has cut Hulk and Thanos, why do you think some lousy sword is going to give him trouble ?

A sword, don't care how strong it is, doesn't stand a chance.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 07:41 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Well, even if the sword can match against Wolverine's claws, there is little to stop the possibility of head decapitation by Wolverine, a feat that McCloud cannot do with Wolverine as he had with so many others.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 07:53 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

ok kiddies, heres how it goes down

Connor: Ha, Your short
Wolverine: What you say bub
*claws come out*
Connor: Aye
*Connor swings at wolvies head, sword breaks on wolvies skull, wolvies flesh heals*
Connor: sh!t

you can imagine the rest..

IM AWESOME

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 08:54 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

That's rubbish, total complete rubbish. Any real swordsman swings between bones so as to not needlessly notch his blade.

Wolverine regenerates, Immortals heal at an accellerated rate. It takes Hundreds of years to grow a limb back. But lesser wounds are healed at a very similar rate to that of Wolverine.

Decapitation is not out of the question, unless Wolverine's joint tissue is also made of adamantium (in which case i don't know exactly how he could even move.) A swordsman of Connor's calibre knows intimatley how to avoid contact with bone. Being immortal gives him quite the edge at the techniques needed to do this seeing as how he basically has to execute a person who happens to be fighting back.

I can't stop the steel talk, their are many swords that would hold up to admantium long enough to get a victory over Wolverine. To say that it doesn't matter how strong the sword is shows that you too know little about swords or comics. Many swords have held up to Wolverine's claws in comics already. Does anyone know what Silver Samurai's sword is made of? Why don't Elektra's sai's break every time she parries Wolvie's attack? Maybe because they're trained warriors who know how to do so correctly.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 09:57 AM
Nightstick

Does Connor still have the Lord of Illusions power? I'm thinking Connor has decent chance even if Wolverine cut his sword in half. Infact if that's Wolverines first move then it may give Connor the information he needs to fight Wolverine. He will quikly conclude that straigh parrying will not work and simple work to avoid Wolverines blows or deflect/scathing hits. If he sees them come out of Wolverine(the claws) it is not hard to imagine he will figure they are part of the man he fights or his structure anyway. As Logan can still move. At this point he will likely have half a sword which will probable still aford him more reach then Wolverine given the hight differential between the two. Not only that, but even half a sword will be close to the length of Wolverines claws. If he avoids blows and strikes locations not covered by bones such as the groin or neck he should do well enough to incapacitate Wolverine. When the Punisher nailed Wolverine in the groin with a baseball bat it hurt Logan long enough that Frank could pour gasoline on him, light him on fire, and drive over him with a steam roller him. Also while it may not be considered part of the normal time line in the X-Men/Star Trek crossover when Spock knecked pinched Wolverine. Logan went down briefly. Killing him might be harder, but you don't have to kill some one to win a a fight.

Last edited by Nightstick on Feb 2nd, 2005 at 02:28 PM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 02:23 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

yeah that was cool he recovere in like 7 seconds, I can see spocks face (the oh **** face)
anyways i don't think that connor mcleod is all that great of a fighter I mean I know according to the movies he's kill 300 plus change immortals but man,,,,,well you've seen him fight, he's not all that. I'm still convinced wolverine would tear him to shreds, I mean he's every bit as trained and disciplined as connor is far more adept to dealing with more dangerous adversaries.

but yes meraculous wolverine's decapitation is out of the question because his adamantium skeleton has been fused/bonded at a molecular lever, how he's still ableto bend his knees, wrists, etc, I have no idea but hey it's comic books.
And isn't silver samurai's sword empowered with an energy feild? I beleive that's why it stands up to logans blades, and elektra's sais are cut to shredds by the wolvster just check out wolverine 21.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 04:55 PM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Not always. That's only one example and may infact be the exception to the rule. As for Samurai's sword, I think it's only infused in Marvel versus Capcom games (as far as i can remember.) But it's not the only example of a sword standing up to Wolverine's claws (it's just the only one i can think of right now and don't want to dig threw my boxes of comics to find one.) I didn't want to bring this one up cause it's a crossover but Conan's blade does just fine.

I hate to do this but i just can't stand by and let my knowledge of swords go to waste. Swords when used properly to parry are meant to bend, absorbing the shock and thus allowing the sword to survive. A good sword (even a particularly thick one) might bend about 45 degrees when facing serious impact (and then snaps back true to it's original shape.) A Damascus blade bends about as easily as sheet metal, yet it can cut threw a slab of marbel. Not all swords are the brittle crap you see in movies.

And about that, How are you suppose to depict thousands of years of experience when your actor isn't even that good a fighter? You can't make judgement calls based on that. No human could possibly be shown having the skill that Connor is suppose to have on the budget they had (on the flip side Blade looks like gawd almighty cause their budget was maybe too big.)

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 11:45 AM
chilled monkey

Mercilous is right on the money here. (S)he is absolutely right about the resiliency of swords (a fine quality blade wielded by a master swordsman could stand up against the claws at least for a while) and about decapitating Wolverine. Someone of Connor's skill could easily cut between the bones and off comes Logan's head.

Both of them are experienced, true, but Connor has the power and experience of every Immortal he has vanquished in addition to his own.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 01:53 PM
chilled monkey is currently offline Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote