KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » ROTJ Luke Skywalker Vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Who would win, ROTJ Luke or TPM Qui-Gon?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Luke Skywalker 18 40.91%
Qui-Gon Jinn 26 59.09%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker Vs Qui-Gon Jinn
Started by: ArthasKnight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

ROTJ Luke Skywalker Vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Just because these are fun....

We can probably all agree that Luke was at his peak ability in ROTJ (EU novels aside, this is movie-based) and we also know that Qui-Gon was an accomplished swordsman as well.

But who would win, Luke from ROTJ, or Qui-Gon from TPM?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 12:07 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Crap, posted this in the wrong spot. Could someone please move this to the EU section?

Sorry 'bout that.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 12:09 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Luke was more gifted, but Qui-Gonn had more skill. However, I go with Luke because I know Qui-Gonn would get man handled by Vader.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 05:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Qui-Gon by a MILE!

No OT combatant comes anywhere near the PT ones. Even in ROTJ, Luke is unprofessional and clumsy. Qui-Gon is slick and skilled.

This was specifically GL's point. Luke he calls a half-trained boy. ALL the combatants in the earlier films are superior, including Anakin to the diminished Vader.

There is simply no doubt on this; GL has made the point clear.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeOfApocalypse

While I do agree that Luke Skywalker is far more gifted than Qui-Gon Jinn, Qui-Gon's skills as a swordsman are far superior to Luke's. Vader was easy on Luke because he didn't want to kill his own son, that is the ONLY reason Luke was able to go toe-to-toe with him.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:33 PM
Click here to Send EyeOfApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by EyeOfApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

No, Vader lost 'cause he was slow and not like he used to be. His peak was when he was Vader but not yet in the suit. After he gained the suit his skills lessened considerably, enough that even a half-trained boy like Luke could take him down. Luke's not all that powerful really, Vader was just weak by the time he faced Luke the 2nd time.

My vote goes for Qui-Gon, gotta go for the Master on this one.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2005 11:48 PM
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

Yeah 1 Qui Gon could defeat ROTJ luke easy! maybe not Jedi Master Luke

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeOfApocalypse

quote:
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
No, Vader lost 'cause he was slow and not like he used to be. His peak was when he was Vader but not yet in the suit. After he gained the suit his skills lessened considerably, enough that even a half-trained boy like Luke could take him down. Luke's not all that powerful really, Vader was just weak by the time he faced Luke the 2nd time.

Slow mechanical Vader was, but weak he was far from.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 10:19 PM
Click here to Send EyeOfApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by EyeOfApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

it depends at what point in return of the jedi.i believe someone posted a quote by GL that said the events that took place in ROTJ made Luke the strongest force user ever so if that means right at the end Luke could take anyone but if he meant directly after than no he couldn't

Old Post Jan 15th, 2005 11:49 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by EyeOfApocalypse
Slow mechanical Vader was, but weak he was far from.

Heck of a lot weaker than he was.

And no, that's not true, Jimmy- he has only just become a Jedi by that time!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 12:02 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Mm. Vader is only a master of evil.
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy986
it depends at what point in return of the jedi.i believe someone posted a quote by GL that said the events that took place in ROTJ made Luke the strongest force user ever so if that means right at the end Luke could take anyone but if he meant directly after than no he couldn't
He would be, not he is at the moment. Sure, he took out Vader, but he got whooped by the Emperor, and he uses the force, too.

Last edited by JKozzy on Jan 16th, 2005 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 04:45 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jimmy986

the quote i read was somethign along the lines of that experience with the emperor and his fathers salvation somehow enlightened him. he may not be the most powerful force user simply b/c he doesn't know much about the jedi order but i think he was supposedly opened more to the force after that experience

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:17 PM
Click here to Send jimmy986 a Private Message Find more posts by jimmy986 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

Well... since this is the eu, i'm going to bring the EU into this. When luke comes out, he's not a super jedi who can move spaceships with a flick of a wrist. he's an untrained farmboy who is making it up as he goes. I don't realy care what you guys say about "George lucas said". Its EU.

*Prepares to get flamed*

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 08:46 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Areora

I think that Qui Gon has a definite chance against Vader, but Luke is far to acrobatic for him. All that jumpin' around would throw him off. Maybe Obi Wan could though.....

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:02 PM
Click here to Send Areora a Private Message Find more posts by Areora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delfedd
Beware of the Dark Side

??? WTF? far to... what are you talking about? TO ACROBATIC? luke... farm boy

*Inneccesent jibbering*

a public service anouncement (put in your Sig)

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Delfedd a Private Message Find more posts by Delfedd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Luke.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 11:41 PM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Uh-huh... even though GL says no, and so therefore anyone saying Luke is totally wrong.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 11:58 PM
The Rover

Oh, "GL said it...".
Bleh. I don't really like the prequels, and I LOVE the OT.
Luke. geek

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:01 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Ush, you're not a speculating type of person are you? wink

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 01:30 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What;s the point of speculating on fact? Speculation is there to lay out possible options- but if something is a known fact, then there aren't any options! Speculate on things we don't know, not things we do!

BtVS

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:50 PM