KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » ROTJ Luke Skywalker Vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Who would win, ROTJ Luke or TPM Qui-Gon?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Luke Skywalker 18 40.91%
Qui-Gon Jinn 26 59.09%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTJ Luke Skywalker Vs Qui-Gon Jinn
Started by: ArthasKnight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Maybe he could get lucky. I dunno, I'm not saying I think Luke would win but you never know.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

I agree with Vader going easy on Luke. In ESB, when Luke damaged Vader's shoulder Vader got angry and cut Luke's hand off. But in ROTJ the tables were flipped I think because Luke seemed to be in control but when Vader said that crack about Leia Luke got really angry and totally owned his ass. I think Luke would beat Qui Gon.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 12:32 AM
Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, anyone can get lucky against anyone! But that is magnificently not the point, is it? The point is, who is better? The actual answer, which is official and therefore can only be differed from if you are wrong, is Qui-Gon.

Anyone who has voted Luke is simply wrong. It is not a matter of opinion.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 10:49 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Exactly, I wasn't saying Luke could win, and certainly not that he was skilled enough to beat Qui-Gon. I absolutely think that Qui-Gon would beat Luke's sorry a$$. And he wouldn't let Luke tap into the Dark side, Arsenal, so Luke wouldn't go ballistic on him.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 11:11 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spectr4L
The Loyalist

For those who voted for Luke...you just gotta ask yourselves one simple question:

"Would Luke hold up against Darth Maul as long as Qui-Gon did?"

The answer is an obvious NO.

Period. wink

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 09:50 AM
Click here to Send Spectr4L a Private Message Find more posts by Spectr4L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lessthanjake

Qui gon would win. They are very similiar in style and everything but lets put it this way.

Obi wan beats anakin in ROTS
Qui Gon was better than obi wan from ROTS. He was OB1s master earlier and simply was a jedi for longer and was therefore more knowledgable and powerful. Sure Qui gon lost to maul while obi wan beat maul but i think we can all admit that he wouldnt have beaten maul if he wasnt in an effort to avenge his master.
And Vader/Anakin was more powerful than luke (in the fights he was going easy on luke to try to turn him to the dark side).
So Qui gon is more powerful than Luke in my opinion

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:22 PM
Click here to Send lessthanjake a Private Message Find more posts by lessthanjake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal
I agree with Vader going easy on Luke. In ESB, when Luke damaged Vader's shoulder Vader got angry and cut Luke's hand off. But in ROTJ the tables were flipped I think because Luke seemed to be in control but when Vader said that crack about Leia Luke got really angry and totally owned his ass. I think Luke would beat Qui Gon.

thats a matter of self control
Luke had better self control than Vader / Anakin thats what took Anakin down the path of the darkside, his lack of control of his emotions.

Qui had a lot more self control, better than Vader & son and he would have dissected a two year trained padawann that Luke was, with style.

how the hell Luke had the balls to call himself a Knight after 2 years of training is a joke.
even if he had his fathers powers, and was trained by Yoda himself and Obi's ghost,
to train as a Jedi takes years from the age of 4

Jabba was right
"he's no Jedi"

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 03:01 AM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I change my mind as well. As the fight progressed Luke would gain the afvantage. But much like his father he would become enraged and Qui-Gonn would be wise enough to use that oppurtunity to his advantage and we'd see yet another skywalker hand sever.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EyeOfApocalypse

*sigh of relief* Suddenly this thread looks alot prettier

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:23 PM
Click here to Send EyeOfApocalypse a Private Message Find more posts by EyeOfApocalypse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

eh don't care

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:13 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

Well, I just stumbled across this thread.

Qui-Gon will win for sure. Luke was indeed very powerful for a boy with only two years of training, but Qui-Gon was a Jedi Master with considerable lightsaber skills too. The only thing Luke beats Qui-Gon in is potential. Qui-Gon has him outclassed in everything else. It doesn't matter, Skywalker or not, Luke gets manhandled in this one.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:27 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
thats a matter of self control
Luke had better self control than Vader / Anakin thats what took Anakin down the path of the darkside, his lack of control of his emotions.

Qui had a lot more self control, better than Vader & son and he would have dissected a two year trained padawann that Luke was, with style.

how the hell Luke had the balls to call himself a Knight after 2 years of training is a joke.
even if he had his fathers powers, and was trained by Yoda himself and Obi's ghost,
to train as a Jedi takes years from the age of 4

Jabba was right
"he's no Jedi"

That last line especially hits the mark. Luke isn't worthy of being considered a Jedi padawan, let alone a Jedi knight. Considering Qui Gon held up as long as he did against Maul, mostly by himself and always on the offensive proves his worth.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Qui Gon would win this one easily, he would have absolutly no problem with it either.

Luke simply doesn't stand a chance against a fully trained Jedi Master, who could have been on the council if he wasn't so stubborn... Luke may have founded a council, but would he have been around earlier he would get man handled by every single Jedi he faced simply because they had training and he did not

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:00 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

Qui gon would have mopped the floor with Vader and Luke at the same time with total ease if he was transported to ROTJ times. Vader was far weaker then he was at the time of fighting obi wan, and Luke is nothing more then a mildly trained farm boy with a high mediclorian count and potential. Don't forget, that Qui Gon was the strongest swordfighter of all the Jedi at the time of his death, and there are SO many powerful jedi at TPM times.

Qui Gon would have man handled the father son skywalker team without breaking a sweat.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, anyone can get lucky against anyone! But that is magnificently not the point, is it? The point is, who is better? The actual answer, which is official and therefore can only be differed from if you are wrong, is Qui-Gon.

Anyone who has voted Luke is simply wrong. It is not a matter of opinion.

What the crap have you been hearing??? What official point are you talking about?!!

ahem, back on subject though, I can't believe how little respect ROTJ Luke gets on these boards. "He's no Jedi"? bull crap, he is to a Jedi. He trained for 4 years under Obi-Wan's ghost and had quite a bit of training as Yoda's SOLE student. Add that with his amazing potential and that Yoda SAYS he is a Jedi, I think he is. Next, if he's such a weakling like most of you think, how did he get so freakin powerful in the NJO? He didn't learn from anyone after ROTJ but he is referred to as a great Jedi Teacher.

Everyone seems to think Vader would beat Maul, so if Maul defeated Qui-Gon (easily I might add), and Luke beat Vader, why do you think Qui-Gon would beat Luke? Qui-Gon's good but it states several times in books that he was old and not as powerful as he once was.

And for all you "Vader is stronger than ROTJ Luke" people, why do you think the Emperor wanted Luke to be his apprentice instead of Vader? I think it might be because Luke is stronger. So when Vader realized this, do you really think he wanted to let his son destroy him so that Luke could take his spot? Luke was the one who didn't want to fight! And Vader says "he will join us or die." Vader can't even touch Luke in ROTJ. He got his @** handed to him within 40 seconds. And for the George Lucas believers, he says that Luke is stronger than Vader in ROTJ.

That being said, Luke would win easily over Qui-Gon.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Actually he learned a lot from Vodo Soisk(?) hlocron. (the one destroyed by Exar Kun). He also learned a lot from Joruus C'baoth. He fought many other force users to like the Jennsari(even if he killed five in a few seconds). Still, ROTJ beats Qui-gon.

ROTJ Luke sucks because it took him 40 seconds to beat Vader and Obi-wan killed Maul in 37. lol

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperor Revan
Most Powerful Sith Lord

I don't think he had much time to learn from Vodo, though he did a little bit. And I was under the impression that he didn't learn much from Joruus because he quickly realized what he was trying to do.

lol, I liked the last line and it's nice to have some others that agree with me.

Thanks to Janus for the great Sig.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 02:48 AM
Click here to Send Emperor Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Emperor Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Luke was in rage when he cut of Vaders hand. When Vader faced Luke the first time, Vader not only won but he won easily. Luke received no more training after that, at least not for as far as we know. He probably went to Tatooine with the rest of those idiots and tried to get Han free. After which he went back to Dagobah to find Yoda dying.

Now where the hell does it say he received training from Obi's ghost? He was surprised to see his ghost in ROTJ for the first time or at least for the time with out being out cold. He may have heard Obi's voice but he never saw him after Obi died. How much training could he received in the flight from Tatooine to Alderaan? Not more then a few days, weeks at most. Then he went to Dagobah and was trained by Yoda.

And that did a lot of good he could almost lift a X-wing out of the swamp, after which he rushed off to help his friends. To fight Vader...

If there is any indication for how a fight between the two of them would go if they faced fairly without emotion then that is the one to see. Luke would get his ass kicked by Vader if the two faced each other in a real fight. If Vader actually wanted to kill Luke.

And Qui-Gon could sure as hell beat somebody like Vader who was weaker then he was when he faced Obi. He was in a freaking suit against an agile and powerful Jedi Master. If Qui could beat him he could also beat Luke

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Vanquish
Qui gon would have mopped the floor with Vader and Luke at the same time with total ease if he was transported to ROTJ times. Vader was far weaker then he was at the time of fighting obi wan, and Luke is nothing more then a mildly trained farm boy with a high mediclorian count and potential. Don't forget, that Qui Gon was the strongest swordfighter of all the Jedi at the time of his death, and there are SO many powerful jedi at TPM times.

Qui Gon would have man handled the father son skywalker team without breaking a sweat.

are you smokin rock?

yeah qui gon wuld whip luke's anus, but not both of em. he couldnt even take vader alone.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Why do you say that? Vader wasn't agile or fast enough to stand up against Qui gon... And i doubt the force alone would make him win that fight, actually i'm pretty sure it wouldn't

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:59 PM