KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Palpatines Curved Lightsabre

Palpatines Curved Lightsabre
Started by: KJ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ratcat

Re: i'm with dim

Yeah but I think the difference here is between isolated severings and enmass decapitation. I agree with what your saying EJ but I also agree with KJ. I think that the type of thing we have seen before will be the way it goes with Episode-II.

ie. They can get away with single instances but in major battles it will be treated very much as the sail barge fight was. Lots of Lightsaber swinging but very little, if any, gore.

BTW EJ, why do you keep talking about purple??? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 06:47 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

I know.I know they probally won't but they could.When have I talked purple?

Obi-Wan Kenobi: (Looks up at his chains) "Good job!"

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 07:10 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Okay...another question...If you're using a lightsaber and lop someone's arm off shouldn't there be little or no blood..Wouldn't the heat from the lightsaber caterize the wound?...Maybe this is why there's so little blood in SW...

I know I know I know...it's only a movie..but you know I have a point...not that it's related to anything being discussed but I was just thinking about it.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

EJ, evey time you missed the "n" out of Violent smile

Dim, I think that the wound would probable be to big, in humans I think there's a big ol' vein that runs down the arm and it would probably be a bit of a bleeder.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

That's true...okay, I'll quite nit picking now big grin

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2000 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Mercenary
Shotgun Pete

a curved saber?? very improbable,I still think the light dagger is the most likely, as you know, when a jedi makes a lightsaber, he adjusts it to a certain length, why wouldn't someone make a real small one??

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 12:29 AM
Click here to Send Jedi Mercenary a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Mercenary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

HaHa...Ratcat I couldn't work out the purple thing eithersmile
I still like the idea of a lightsabre style whip like the one that is used it the He-Man movie.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 01:27 AM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theEvilJedi

Yeah I have been lazy lately.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 02:20 AM
Click here to Send theEvilJedi a Private Message Find more posts by theEvilJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

What's the big deal about a purple lightsaber?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:10 AM
Ratcat

Dim, wakey wakey. EJ kept missing out the "n" in Violent so it came out as violet. It's easily done.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:12 AM
theEvilJedi

Yeah yeah,I'm lazy alright.smile

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:14 AM
Dim
Creativity

Ohhhhhhhhhh..sorry, this medication has knocked me on my butt...I can't even type right.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 05:23 AM
KJ
Sausages

I hope that their are no real flashy weapons in Ep2. I didn't like the Gungan Spheres as they were too sci-fi. The Ewoks bow and arrow were much better.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 08:54 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I liked the Gungun's weapons but I think you're right. They do need to get back into the OT a little bit.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 09:45 PM
Ratcat

I know I joked about your comments ragarding a curved saber but how would a species who live predominatly under water produce elecrical plasma balls?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 10:00 PM
Dim
Creativity

They use a sticky lipid shell so that the plasma balls are stable and remain intact.. stick out tongue don't laugh, It would work!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2000 10:22 PM
theEvilJedi

Those balls were a little bit too flashy.Compared to the original trilogy that is.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 12:29 AM
Dim
Creativity

I don't care... I thought they were lovely...I guess I just like sparkely, flashy stuff smile

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 01:14 AM
Darth Heinous

Darth Sidious IS a good lightsaber fighter!

Darth Sidious IS a good lightsaber fighter! He not only taught Darth Vader, Darth Maul and the other Sith Lord (whatever his name is), he kicks butt in Dark Empire 1,2,3!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 01:48 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Re: Darth Sidious IS a good lightsaber fighter!

Taught Darth Vader, I don't think so. By the time we see Episode-II Anakin will have had 10 years of saber training. I think he'll know a trick ot two.

Also, Yoda trained Luke and chances are we will never see him use a Saber

Old Post Sep 24th, 2000 02:29 AM