KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Jedi Outcast is out...

Jedi Outcast is out...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A quid is a pound like a buck is a dollar. Say, 40 dollars. But less if games are cheaper in the US.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:01 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

more then 50€ here, though, wich is actually not that expansive for us

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 12:02 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Not bad at all. I can almost afford that.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 01:33 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, just done the bits with Lando. Billy Dee Williams sounds spot on (though, as ever with voiceovers, not QUITE as 'motivated' as he sounds in the films) and I must say the graphic looks just like him (well, as he was. I hae no idea what BDW looks like now, 20 years on).

A shame you have to protect him at one point. Ok, admittedly I doubt whether even Lando could have taken on the thirty or so bad guys you see simultaneously, but while he is a cracking shot in the game all he does is stand there and fire back until they kill him (unless you intercede).

His ship is nice, though.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 11:41 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

It cost exactly 50€ for me here. The collection costed more, and I would have bought it, but I already have Dark Forces 1 and 2.

Billy did a pretty good job with Lando for the game, but Luke's actor wasn't that good (or maybe good but didn't sound too much like Luke).

Anyway I think it's pretty good that the MP is kept simple. I mean the lightsaber battles are the best part of the game and they are simple. I'm sure we'll have enough maps and mods to the game soon that make it more complicated. I already have the mod that makes all the body parts fly when I slash with my lightsaber. Also I downloaded a Darth Maul skin...He only doesn't have a double bladed lightsaber yet, but otherwise it's great.

Finally we have a MP that's not like counterstrike...I've played that game waaaaay too much.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 02:05 PM
Click here to Send He-Man a Private Message Find more posts by He-Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

Ou...I just read from jediknightii.net how you get the double bladed lightsaber on for the multiplayer. I'm going to test that now.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 02:09 PM
Click here to Send He-Man a Private Message Find more posts by He-Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

tell me please!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 04:20 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

Until AOTC release, this IS the best notice of the year!!!!

Original Dark Forces an Jedi Knight gave me TOO many hours of fun and adventure!!!!!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!

(BTW, I'll buy it PIRATED for U$S 15, cause here we will not see the original one for a looooooong time due the economy MAELSTROM)

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 04:36 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
He-Man

Shit... I didn't get the lightstaff work. Ah I don't really care.

Damn, I just haven't had this much fun playing any game ever. This game Rocs. I think it's simply the best game ever. It even beats my long time favourite Tie Fighter. Now this is a game.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 05:00 PM
LanceWindu

Wow. I like the part about the body parts flying when you slash them off.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 11:11 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The lightstaff is just a fancy graphic they threw in; there is no proper coding for fighting with it.

They say they may put single-player style sabre fighting in with a patch. I bloody hope so.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2002 11:35 PM
peluffo

mad mad mad mad
CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!
sad

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 04:07 AM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I know!!!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 04:54 AM
yerssot

hmmm, I'm reconsidering plan B... stealing it at all cost!
Ush... where do you life exactly?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 09:29 AM
He-Man

Why don't you just buy it. I'm sure you'll get it much quicker that way. smile It's not even that expencive.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 11:42 AM
yerssot

errrr; it's rather impossible for me to do that now... I'm hoping that I can get it tomorrow

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 11:54 AM
He-Man

So it's not out in Belgium yet?
Well it's not out here untill tomorrow, but luckily I got to buy it from Sweden. smile rolling on floor laughing smile

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 03:11 PM
yerssot

I don't know if it's out here, but I'll tell you when I'll find it

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 03:28 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Those Reborn feel scary but you soon get the hang of them. I just killed two in two seconds, not counting the stylish slo-mo it goes into when you kill a sabre opponent.

Fast stance backstab rules!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 05:22 PM
yerssot

allow me to drool a bit ...
*starts drooling*
Thank you big grin

You mean you can backstab people? In a flashy way?

Excuse me, I'm going to drool some more!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2002 05:28 PM