KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel Universe IQ Hierarchy.

Marvel Universe IQ Hierarchy.
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Marvel Universe IQ Hierarchy.

Well this is basically the ultimate ratings of marvel character's IQ's in general excluding the LT, and abstracts. Asgardian and Olympian Gods are welcome. Just create your own list from who you think is the most intelligent to who you think is a bag of flesh with a skull. I'll post my list later.

Note- Your list can be as long as you would like it to be as it would be unlikely any one poster could rank the entire MU.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:10 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

This list is not based soley on characters IQ levels, but on the ability to apply their intelligence to a number of situations. Some of the characters listed in the middle probably have higher IQ's then those above them(ie Leader has a much greater IQ than either Doom or Richards) however based on what they've accomplished with their intellect, they get a lower ranking. (ie magus being able to manipulate Thanos in "Infinity War" puts him on a pretty high level, even though Marvel only states his intelligence as being "normal")

Others get low rankings..because they only have extensive expertise in one particular field(ie Tony Stark..Robotics...)

Damb..so many peeps to choose from..anyway here goes....

My List...

1. High Evolutionary(The guy created a whole freaking planet and race of people)

2. Thanos(no need for explanation)

3. Magus(Even Thanos respects him..)

4. Richards (Regularly outwits Doom..Galactus..no need to say more..)

5. Doom(Outsmarted the Devil...Rules a country.. is an expert in just about every scientific field..)

6. Apocolypse(Celestial Tech..makes him pretty high IMO..still hasn't done a damb thing)

7. Kang(Genius..Doom even regards him as an intellectual superior)

8. Zarroko the Tommorow Man(A poor Man's Kang..but still damb intelligent)

9. Bruce Banner(One of the smartest normal guys in the MU...is an expert in just about every scientific field)

10. Leader(Smart as hell..but hasn't accomplished a damb thing..I mean the damb retarded "Savage Hulk" always foils his plans....)

11. Mad Thinker(Smart as hell..but not very original..steals most of his ideas from others.)

12. Tony Stark(Expert in Robotics)

13. Magneto(Expert geneticist..)

14. Xavier(Same deal as Magneto..)

15. Wizard(Expert in Genetics and Robotics..hasn't done a damb thing though)

I know I've left some off the list..(ie Tyrannus, Hank Pym, and a sh** load of others..) But I'd be writing this list all damb day if counted everyone..

Anyway..Feel free to give your comments and/or criticism(probably more criticism..lol)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 06:14 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revised list..I put Zarroko down lower..he hasn't really done much..and he's a poor man's Kang..lol...

1. High Evolutionary(The guy created a whole freaking planet and race of people)

2. Thanos(no need for explanation)

3. Magus(Even Thanos respects him..)

4. Richards (Regularly outwits Doom..Galactus..no need to say more..)

5. Doom(Outsmarted the Devil...Rules a country.. is an expert in just about every scientific field..)

6. Apocolypse(Celestial Tech..makes him pretty high IMO..still hasn't done a damb thing)

7. Kang(Genius..Doom even regards him as an intellectual superior)

8. Bruce Banner(One of the smartest normal guys in the MU...is an expert in just about every scientific field)

9. Leader(Smart as hell..but hasn't accomplished a damb thing..I mean the damb retarded "Savage Hulk" always foils his plans....)

10. Mad Thinker(Smart as hell..but not very original..steals most of his ideas from others.)

11. Zarroko the Tommorow Man(A poor Man's Kang..but still damb intelligent)

12. Tony Stark(Expert in Robotics)

13. Magneto(Expert geneticist..)

14. Xavier(Same deal as Magneto..)

15. Wizard(Expert in Genetics and Robotics..hasn't done a damb thing though)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:43 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Fixer and Zemo should be on the list somewhere. As should Thin Man.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 08:46 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Revised list..I put Zarroko down lower..he hasn't really done much..and he's a poor man's Kang..lol...

I'm unsure who can be added on the list, but I don't think High Evolutionary was that accomplished to be put that high up there. He did in fact create "New Earth" to be a peaceful civilization, but that was a fluke when it was corrupted from outsiders and Adam Warlock had to clean up some of that mess.

He tried to make all mutants (and apparently other power beings such as the Neo) powerless, but that created an uproar.

He wanted to expand on his knowledge of Celestials when he connected his system to one while inhabitating Ego, but did not have the sense of livelihood for himself or his son [and among others] despite the impending battle between these entities.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 11:14 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

You definately have some good points...I must admit..I'm impressed with your knowledge of Marvel History...

I guess my thought was that very few on the list..could create a race of people...or at least have not demonstrated the IQ to do so...

I'd be interested in seeing yours and other people's lists....seeing as how I've left out a bunch of people in the MU....

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 04:36 PM
radioboy121

quote:
You definately have some good points...I must admit..I'm impressed with your knowledge of Marvel History...

I guess my thought was that very few on the list..could create a race of people...or at least have not demonstrated the IQ to do so...

I'd be interested in seeing yours and other people's lists....seeing as how I've left out a bunch of people in the MU....

Thanks, but I digress. I'm better in other comic lines beyond Marvel, but I leave those to dedicated boards. My knowledge of Marvel is not particularly strong in any one category as with my knowledge with DC, since I'm a little better with the pre-crisis line.

I just thought of something on the Magus character. I think you are referring to the Magus that was associated with Infinity Wars and beyond, but there was another Magus that was taken out earlier who ruled at least a galaxy and more that followed his order. Adam Warlock was able to get rid of this character only when he time traveled back to destroy himself to stop from the Adam Warlock/Magus separation. Since this Magus was from a different stream, can he be treated differently too?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 06:12 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by radioboy121
Thanks, but I digress. I'm better in other comic lines beyond Marvel, but I leave those to dedicated boards. My knowledge of Marvel is not particularly strong in any one category as with my knowledge with DC, since I'm a little better with the pre-crisis line.

I just thought of something on the Magus character. I think you are referring to the Magus that was associated with Infinity Wars and beyond, but there was another Magus that was taken out earlier who ruled at least a galaxy and more that followed his order. Adam Warlock was able to get rid of this character only when he time traveled back to destroy himself to stop from the Adam Warlock/Magus separation. Since this Magus was from a different stream, can he be treated differently too?

Well technically speaking..they're really the same character..Magus represents all of Warlock's evil desires and ambitions...and will always be a part of his psyche..It wasn't until Infinity War that Warlock realized this...

When Warlock possessed the infinity Gauntlet..he shed his body of all good/evil...thus allowing the Magus to be reborn within Marvel's mainstream reality..he's still the same guy.....just created under different circumstances...

Regardless..the Magus in any of his incarnations is greatly respected by Thanos..seeing as how he had to get the assistance of Warlock on both occassions to defeat him...

The Original Magus storyline was damb good...if you got a couple of hundred bucks to spend..lol..I'd recommend buying it...or its possible that a trade paperback exists..but you'll probably have to do some searching for it....(I'd recommend looking online..)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 07:37 PM
radioboy121

quote:
Well technically speaking..they're really the same character..Magus represents all of Warlock's evil desires and ambitions...and will always be a part of his psyche..It wasn't until Infinity War that Warlock realized this...

When Warlock possessed the infinity Gauntlet..he shed his body of all good/evil...thus allowing the Magus to be reborn within Marvel's mainstream reality..he's still the same guy.....just created under different circumstances...

Regardless..the Magus in any of his incarnations is greatly respected by Thanos..seeing as how he had to get the assistance of Warlock on both occassions to defeat him...

The Original Magus storyline was damb good...if you got a couple of hundred bucks to spend..lol..I'd recommend buying it...or its possible that a trade paperback exists..but you'll probably have to do some searching for it....(I'd recommend looking online..)

I unsure in classifying them as the same character. The more current Magus came from Adam Warlock when he purged both good (Goddess) and evil (Magus) from his person while bearing the Infinity Gauntlet, but what they retained was the knowledge of Adam Warlock and not the memories of the former Magus who led a different life and was manifested from the Soul Gem.

I guess it's in the same respect that I would treat Magneto and AOA Magneto differently, because they chose different paths.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 08:27 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by radioboy121
I unsure in classifying them as the same character. The more current Magus came from Adam Warlock when he purged both good (Goddess) and evil (Magus) from his person while bearing the Infinity Gauntlet, but what they retained was the knowledge of Adam Warlock and not the memories of the former Magus who led a different life and was manifested from the Soul Gem.

I guess it's in the same respect that I would treat Magneto and AOA Magneto differently, because they chose different paths.

Good points...

As far as I can recall..I do remember the mainstream Magus retaining his memories from the previous timeline...however...that may have to do with the fact that he was in fact part of Warlock...and was just relaying what he remembered from Warlocks perspective in his original confrontation with the Magus...

....either way..regardless of what timestream the Magus is created in..he's an aspect of Warlock's psyche....as Thanos/Eternity/and others have pointed out...and is an extremely dangerous...calculating individual..who has used the intellect he posesses to do some extrodinary things...few in the Universe have been able to outwit him...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2005 09:06 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

this is my list of earthlings...a list including non-earthlings would be too hard

Dr. Doom
Reed Richards
Kang/Immortus/Rama Tut
The Leader
Agamemnon
Nathaniel Richards
The Sphinx
Apocalypse
Maximus
Kristoff (possesses knowledge and memories of Dr Doom)
Modok
Quasimodo
The Mad Thinker
Mr Sinister
Mad Man
The Wizard
Doctor Bong
Doctor Octopus
Hank Pym
Bruce Banner/Professor Hulk
Dr Walter Langkowski (Sasquatch)
Black Panther
Tony Stark

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:58 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

The original Magus, who led the Universal Church of Truth, was supposed to be the future Warlock. I believe Thanos had to devise a way to beat the Magus and that was to have Warlock travel in time to confront his future self or something like that. That Magus was wiped from existence when Warlock cut off that time line.

I'm not sure if I'd classify the Magus as being one of the intellectual elites of the universe as his specialty is in scheming, probably on the same level as Thanos, however IQ doesn't just measure the ability to plan, scheme and strategize.

Wynndar: Who's Dr Bong?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 09:50 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
[B]The original Magus, who led the Universal Church of Truth, was supposed to be the future Warlock. I believe Thanos had to devise a way to beat the Magus and that was to have Warlock travel in time to confront his future self or something like that. That Magus was wiped from existence when Warlock cut off that time line.

Well....your somewhat right.. in the original timeline in which the Magus was created..Lord Chaos/Master Order/sent the Inbetweener to kidnap Warlock....wanting to create a "Life" Champion to go against "Death's" Champion(which was Thanos at the time)

While confined in the In Betweener's realm. Order and Chaos revealed the "Universal Truth's" to Warlock..

Not being able to withstand these truths, Warlock enveloped himself in his cocoon for many years.....when he emerged from the Cocoon he was powerful as hell(Class 100 strength and multitude of different cosmic abilities)..but completely insane...and thus became the original Magus...

With the help of Thanos..Warlock erased the timeline that lead to the Magus..however..it was later revealed..during the Infinity War Saga..and various issues of Warlock and Infinity watch that Magus was in fact a part of Warlock's "evil" psyche..and thus would always be a part of him...

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 04:35 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Doctor Bong is a random villain who was originally a howard the duck adversary...I know he also had an encounter with She-Hulk. Although i dont how it was ever explained, he's a pretty crazy with genetics, like a rip off of the high evolutionary...they have a pretty informative page about him at marveldirectory.com

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:27 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

He showed up in Deadpool a time or two, as his psychiatrist.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:43 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThRealTonyStark

I think it's more like this

1. Tony Stark

2. Jarvis

3. High Evolutionary

4. Thanos

5. Magus

6. Bruce Banner

7. Richards

8. Doom

9. Apocolypse

10. Kang

11. Zarroko

12. Leader

13. Mad Thinker

14. Magneto

15. Xavier

16. Eric Selwig

17. Wizard

18. Odin

...and very very last, much further down the list, the dumbest guy on the list, Justin Hammer

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 02:06 AM
ThRealTonyStark is currently offline Click here to Send ThRealTonyStark a Private Message Find more posts by ThRealTonyStark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Doom. Nuff said. His only weakness is his arrogance..

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2013 04:19 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote