KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

Yeah, but the first Batman is still better than Batman Returns. Batman Begins Just beats all the Batman films. I personally think it's up there with the Spider-Man movies. And that's a good compliment from me. I'm kind'a upset with what they are doing with this new Superman movie. It's supposed to take place after Superman 2, as I'm hearing. I was hoping they'd restart the whole thing like what Batman Begins did. That would be so much cooler.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:02 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

okay, so this thread's been dead for a long time, but I thought I'd share my opinion after four years. And I know I'm a year late on this, but everyone says Dark Knight is the greatest superhero movie of all time. but I find this to be overexagerated. Dark Knight was very enjoyable. I do think it's the best Batman movie out there, but even with that said, I think it's overrated. sure, Heath Ledger was amazing as the joker, but I think that's the only thing that really made it a good movie.

without that, I would've found it too boring to watch. In my opinion, I still say Spider-Man 2 is the best superhero movie out there, mostly because it's a fun watch, and has both character and story development (unlike the third in that trilogy.) and I find I can watch this movie over and over again and still enjoy it. Dark Knight, on the other hand, was not much of a popcorn movie, due to it's complexity and dark moments.

I've seen Dark Knight a few times that summer, and it still didn't intrigue me like Spider-Man 2 or even Spider-Man 1 do. I think that the only reason it was really hyped up was due to Heath Ledger's death a few months prior. (which is something I'm sad to say.) but truth is, I was more entertained by Iron Man that summer than I was the Dark Knight. I mean, Iron Man was great and I found as entertaining as the first Spider-Man was. It was simple, but had great character development and action sequences. so my opinion: Spider-Man 2 is still my favorite superhero movie. (Not that I didn't like Dark Knight, of course.)

so, don't hate me for it. just my opinion.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 07:42 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

The Spider-Man series is flat out better than the Superman series, but I'd say the Batman series is leagues past the Spider-Man series. I'd say SM-2 is better than Returns, but not any of the other movies.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Jul 14th, 2009 03:41 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
thats a question thats suppose to be funny right? laughing superman rules as the best comicbook movie ever made still to this day.Batman and man-spider are horrible comicbook adaptations.

Originally posted by bakerboy
First of all, NOT EVERYBODY LIKES THE MAN SPIDER MOVIES. Stop with that nonsense because is false, many, many people hate those movies.

Second of all, the box office of a movie DOESNT MEAN QUALITY. remember phantom menace? remember atack of the clones? remember scooby doo? remember american pie? To say that is stupid and funny in the same way.

And the last for the moment, The first two superman have more positive things than the batman and the man spider movies together. The four batman movies and the two man spider movies are just bad movies.
obvious sock is obvious

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 15th, 2009 01:28 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

Originally posted by Davis Bloome
The Spider-Man series is flat out better than the Superman series, but I'd say the Batman series is leagues past the Spider-Man series. I'd say SM-2 is better than Returns, but not any of the other movies.

Seriously? You dont think its better than Forever or Batman and Robin?

That aside.

TDK is easily the best comic book movie of all time. Iron Man was also superior to the Spiderman series.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 06:10 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

When it comes to marvel/dc comic adaptions..

Dark Knight
Ironman
Blade 1
Spider-man 2

are the top imo

Honourable mention to Ang lee's Hulk - (i acknowledge wut you tried to do der)

Spider-man 3 (aka Spider-man the musical) sucked major ass
Daredevil needs a re-hash, sin city style with proper martial artists doing the dance for our benefit.
Blade 3 was for kids, I mean SRSLY, fighting vamps with a ****ing ipod on. **** That Shit.
Fantastic Fours were, meh!
Supermen movies were good at the time, Superman Returns could have been better - the aeroplane rescue kicked major ass though.
Batman 89' was good, 2,3,4,5 were NOT!!
Wolverine Origins was shockingly wank, i mean SRLSY, ****ing eye beams?

Batman Begins Great
Hulk 08 - sure, twas good, people were wanking ed norton an awful lot though.
Spider-man 1 Great
Blade 2 - twas good, bit too soppy with the chick, kicked a little less ass then 1, but still had some great MA.
Xmen 1 - good
Xmen 2 - aiight
Xmen 3 - was not done for the love of movies or comics, but for the love of money.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2009 11:09 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Seriously? You dont think its better than Forever or Batman and Robin?

That aside.

TDK is easily the best comic book movie of all time. Iron Man was also superior to the Spiderman series.

I personally think Iron man was just superior to Spider-Man 1 (and Spider-Man 3, obviously.) But I definitely wouldn't call it better than Spider-Man 2. just my opinion. But Iron Man is up there as one of my favorites.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 01:17 PM
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

SM2 seems sort of overrated to me. I thought it was great, but I dont really see anything about it being superior to the first. Aside from Doc Ock actually looking the part as opposed to GG.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2009 05:29 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
SM2 seems sort of overrated to me. I thought it was great, but I dont really see anything about it being superior to the first. Aside from Doc Ock actually looking the part as opposed to GG.

I thought Dafoe looks as much like Norman as anyone ever will.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 12:19 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
I personally think Iron man was just superior to Spider-Man 1 (and Spider-Man 3, obviously.) But I definitely wouldn't call it better than Spider-Man 2. just my opinion. But Iron Man is up there as one of my favorites.

I put "Spider-Man" and "Iron Man" on the same level, but SM may actually be my favorite out of the two by, like, .000000000001.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 12:20 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I thought Dafoe looks as much like Norman as anyone ever will.

Dafoe wasn't the problem it was the mask, he has the perfect jaw and mouth to show below the mask and they cover it up. you couldn't even see his mouth moving when he was talking. they should of just had his head and eyes covered and left the rest open like batman.
Batman, ironman, the incredible hulk are all waaay better than any of the spiderman movies.
i'll tell you why for a few reasons, kirsten bluddy dunst, gaud she is terrible.
the green goblins mask, spiderman loosing his powers (stupid) 3rd movie had way to many characters.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 09:22 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

If you had never seen either Spider-man 1/2 or Batman / Dark Knight, and you asked me which ones to watch - and you could only choose one group - I would tell watch Batman Begins / Dark Knight. For multiple viewings, I would recommend Spider-man. It is infinitely more "fun" (for lack of a better term), and has much, MUCH, more rewatchability.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great movies... but they just don't pack the same punch they do as the first viewing on the second or third. The deterioration of enjoyment on the Spider-man films is negligible, the 10nth time you see it is almost as good as the first. The same goes for Ironman.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Sep 21st, 2009 09:48 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
If you had never seen either Spider-man 1/2 or Batman / Dark Knight, and you asked me which ones to watch - and you could only choose one group - I would tell watch Batman Begins / Dark Knight. For multiple viewings, I would recommend Spider-man. It is infinitely more "fun" (for lack of a better term), and has much, MUCH, more rewatchability.

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are great movies... but they just don't pack the same punch they do as the first viewing on the second or third. The deterioration of enjoyment on the Spider-man films is negligible, the 10nth time you see it is almost as good as the first. The same goes for Ironman.

I would watch batman begins and dark knight before spiderman, i would also watch Ironman, Incredible hulk and all 4 xmen movies before it too.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2009 04:12 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I cant believe this old dead thread has been brought back again.That being the case since it HAS,this post is laughable.If you want to watch a kiddie show multiple times then yeah,SM 1 AND SM 2 are the ones to watch,theres a HUGE deterioration on watching those movies MULTIPLE times though. sick a couple of times you can sit through them because the special effects are really good,especially in sm2.but after that,they get EXTREMELY boring and unwatchable.same with the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies,with Batman Begins and The Dark Knight,its STILL fun to watch after several multiple viewings.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 09:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I would watch batman begins and dark knight before spiderman, i would also watch Ironman, Incredible hulk and all 4 xmen movies before it too.

you and me both. thumb up

Old Post Oct 1st, 2009 09:54 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think Spidey 1 and 2 (2 in particular) are up there with the best of the comic movies. They're very well made, and capture the spirit of the character quite well imo.

As good as The Dark Knight, BB, Batman 89 or Returns? Not imo, but close.

As good as the Superman movies? 3, 4 and Returns? Sure. Probably better. But 1 and 2? Not imo.

They're better than most marvel movies though, like x-men, hulk, etc...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2009 01:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Batman Forever is on par with the Spidey films. Except 2, 2 is better than Forever.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 02:33 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Hmm For me its just really Spider-man vs TDK. But personally, none of the other films gave quite the same "wow that was complete kickass" experience after I watched Spider-man.

Also, I think Spider-man is truer to his comic incarnation ( no man-spider reminder plox lol).

Honorable mention to Ironman though, that was well done.

Despite what most people think, I also liked Superman Returns, the only thing was they lacked a powerful villain, or at least not have Lex threaten to get rich by having land (thats almost as bad as Dominic Green in 007 Quantum of Solace threatening to control the water supply).

And I'll probably get owned for this, but I was a kid when I watched all classic Batman films (up to Batman and Robin), and I liked all of them laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 28th, 2009 02:53 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
designs84

Superman 1 is a great movie.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2010 10:57 AM
designs84 is currently offline Click here to Send designs84 a Private Message Find more posts by designs84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I put Spidey 1 and 2 on par with the best of the Superman and Batman films, but that's imho.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 08:22 AM