KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bob.Marley

The Dark Knight is the only superhero film I have ever been to in which everyone applauded at the end. Not only was it better than any other superhero film I have ever seen, I think it's one of the best movies I have ever seen in general.

The acting itself was also on another level. Has an actor from a superhero movie ever won an Oscar?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2010 08:50 AM
Bob.Marley is currently offline Click here to Send Bob.Marley a Private Message Find more posts by Bob.Marley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Other than DK and minus SM3, yes.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 01:41 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Best super hero movies IMO
Dark knight
Batman begins
iron man
all 4 xmen
the first superman and superman 2 (richard donners cut) although they are a bit dated. they should reboot it especially after superman returns.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 06:30 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bob.Marley
The Dark Knight is the only superhero film I have ever been to in which everyone applauded at the end. Not only was it better than any other superhero film I have ever seen, I think it's one of the best movies I have ever seen in general.

The acting itself was also on another level. Has an actor from a superhero movie ever won an Oscar?

Thats actually what happened when I saw Batman Begins in the first week it came out,everybody applauded at the end as well. smile Didnt see The Dark Knight in its first week when it came out so they might have done that as well in my area again also.I just missed it.Yeah I agree with you that its one of the best movies in general as well.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jul 26th, 2010 at 06:40 PM

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 06:37 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by darthmaul1
Dark knight
Batman begins
iron man
all 4 xmen
the first superman and superman 2 (richard donners cut) although they are a bit dated. they should reboot it especially after superman returns.

I like your list.The only thing I would add different is the first two superman movies would be after the batman movies.everything else would all stay the same. smile

Old Post Jul 26th, 2010 06:39 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I like your list.The only thing I would add different is the first two superman movies would be after the batman movies.everything else would all stay the same. smile

Thanks, thats a good idea and i do agree, but the reason they are at the bottom is because they are quite dated, but i have to admit when superman grabs lois and the helicopter in that scene i get goose bumps all the time, i even got them when brandon stopped the plane in superman returns (but that was it for that one)
For me spiderman is the worst super hero movie with no rewatchability.
the good was willem dafoe (but his masked sucked that you couldn't see his mouth or eyes)
i didn't mind tobey mcguire but kirsten ditz eechhh.
oh yeah and JJJ was very well cast, probably the best in all the movies
well him and doc oc.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 09:36 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
residentevil1
Restricted

Account Restricted

YES
Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films

my vote spiderman lolzzzzzz////

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 10:02 AM
residentevil1 is currently offline Click here to Send residentevil1 a Private Message Find more posts by residentevil1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Thanks, thats a good idea and i do agree, but the reason they are at the bottom is because they are quite dated, but i have to admit when superman grabs lois and the helicopter in that scene i get goose bumps all the time, i even got them when brandon stopped the plane in superman returns (but that was it for that one)
For me spiderman is the worst super hero movie with no rewatchability.
the good was willem dafoe (but his masked sucked that you couldn't see his mouth or eyes)
i didn't mind tobey mcguire but kirsten ditz eechhh.
oh yeah and JJJ was very well cast, probably the best in all the movies
well him and doc oc.

yeah totally agree with you about the spider-man movies obviously from my sig below. big grin the second one is the ONLY one thats half way decent and thats because the special effects were really cool. i disagree with you on them doing a reboot of superman though.It pissed me off when they did superman returns,looked like they were just trying to make money off it because of the success of Batman Begins. mad Batman Begins was neccessary as i have talked with you about many times before but leave superman alone,we already HAD two good superman movies.no reason for any new ones.Batman did not have a good batman movie yet so Begins was totally neccessary. wink

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2010 10:56 PM
FistOfThe North

tough thread question to answer. the least I canyou is offer my list of the movies I personally enjoyed from best to worse.

spiderman 1 - batman '89 tie. i've watched them the most. i've also quoted the two the most, as well.

superman 2

the dark knight

superman returns

batman returns

superman 4

spiderman 2

batman begins

superman

spiderman 3

superman 3

batman 3

batman 4

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 13th, 2010 03:26 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidermanrocks

Dark knight
Batman begins
iron man
all 4 xmen

My list would be sorted out by franchises (excluding any film beyond the second one of each franchise because there are no good third our fourth films in comic book franchises). Here is how my list would be:
1. Chris Nolan's Batman
2. Richard Donner's Superman
3. Jon Favreau's Iron Man
4. Sam Raimi's Spider-Man/Bryan Singer's X-Men (tie)

Other good comic book movies (such as The Incredible Hulk) do not have a sequel yet so I can't count them as part of a franchise. And I am not a big Hellboy fan so I can't comment on the 2 Hellboy films.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2010 08:20 PM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix2001

Spider-Man films are good for Super Hero films, but they are nothing compared to Dark Knight and they are about even with Superman films, so... no... they're not better.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2010 11:02 PM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Spiderman 2 was the best and very hit and miss. Some scenes (the bank robbery ) were perfect.
Others (the finale) were cringe worthy.

Dark Knight beats the Spidey films.

Blade 2 and Ironman 1 and 2 are still the winners.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2010 01:17 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

No, they're not. Spider-Man 1 is ok, Spider-Man 2 is great, and Spider-Man 3 is horrible. But The Dark Knight alone beats all three of them.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2010 04:23 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
tough thread question to answer. the least I canyou is offer my list of the movies I personally enjoyed from best to worse.

spiderman 1 - batman '89 tie. i've watched them the most. i've also quoted the two the most, as well.

superman 2

the dark knight

superman returns

batman returns

superman 4

spiderman 2

batman begins

superman

spiderman 3

superman 3

batman 3

batman 4

NOW THERE IS A F*CKED UP LIST IF I EVER SAW ONE IMO.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 02:15 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by Doc Ock
No, they're not. Spider-Man 1 is ok, Spider-Man 2 is great, and Spider-Man 3 is horrible. But The Dark Knight alone beats all three of them.

I hate it when people respond to me assuming I wrote the opposite of what I actually wrote.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 02:49 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I liked 2 more than TDK. So, I'd say yes ultimately. SM3 sucked ass though.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2010 03:21 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Originally posted by the ninjak
I hate it when people respond to me assuming I wrote the opposite of what I actually wrote.

What the hell are you talking about?

I was addressing the topic of the thread, not you. If I was addressing you specifically then I would have quoted you like I am now.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 04:05 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

My bad nice that we both agree on the films though.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2010 05:00 AM
spidermanrocks

Originally posted by Doc Ock

I 100% agree with you. Spider-Man 1 was an ok movie. It wasn't an amazing masterpiece but it was enjoyable to watch. Spider-Man 2 was fantastic and possibly the best Marvel movie so far. If the reboot can be just as good as 2, it will be epic. And Spider-Man 3 was just terrible, of course.

And yes, The Dark Knight is still the best comic book movie. But Spider-Man 2 was a little bit better than Batman Begins IMO (the difference isn't much though).

Old Post Oct 1st, 2010 04:28 AM
spidermanrocks is currently offline Click here to Send spidermanrocks a Private Message Find more posts by spidermanrocks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

Originally posted by Bob.Marley

Really, because I've been to plenty of films, superhero and not superhero that had the whole theatre applauding, even when the movie itself sucked (Like Transformers 2 and Fantastic Four 2) That's sort of a normal phenomenon, especially on opening week. that's because most of the people there are fans. I work at a movie theatre that was showing Dark Knight at the time, and applauding occurred only for the first week.

People also applauded for Spider-Man 3, for who knows what reason, and the Iron Man films. just thought I'd point that out.

and I wouldn't use Heath Ledger winning an oscar for the film as an example of it being better. He died before the movie was released, so it was more out of honor when they give him that award plus the fact he was the best part about the film.

I mean, come on, apart from him, the rest in that category that year were jokes (no pun intended). I mean, seriously, Robert Downey Jr. for tropic thunder? I like the guy and all, but that's definitely not very groundbreaking. the "supporting actor" category that year was just thrown together at the last minute, it seems.

I don't think think if Heath didn't die that he would have gotten the award, mostly because the Award people do not look highly on superhero films unless its for their special effects. Ledger might have been nominated, but he would have probably lost if not for that, unfortunately. Now, I'd be more impressed if it was nominated for "Best Picture" (although, not now, since they have 10 categories for that section.) but it wasn't.

I will admit that there was good acting, though. On the other hand, It probably had Christian Bale's worst performance, which was unfortunate, because he was decent in Batman Begins.

Overall, though, I prefer the Tim Burton films over the Chris Nolan films, they're just more entertaining and more rewatchable. again, this is just my opinion.

Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I put Spidey 1 and 2 on par with the best of the Superman and Batman films, but that's imho.

I agree. plus, they're all good in their own way, more or less. I just prefer the balance of light and dark elements in Spider-Man 2 over Dark Knight's approach at being TOO serious. it is possible to do both, after all. look at Kick-Ass, it was dark, but it didn't take itself too seriously, being that it was a comedy at heart.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 05:29 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote