KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I got ya'.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:25 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

oki doki big grin

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Yes, Spider-man movies are better in every way. stick out tongue

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 07:36 AM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Ha! looks like BlackC@t's met her match in another female Spidey fan...

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 10:21 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Okay posts like these from people like K3vil are why I am getting sick of discussing this and why this is going to be my last post on this thread.first of all K3vil,you never read all my posts because I already pointed out HOW a great spiderman movie can be made and not pure crap like what HAS been made.Obviously you missed it where I said all it takes to make a great spiderman film and for it to be a magical movie experience like Superman 1 & 2 are is get Richard Donner to direct it,get the screenwriters from the first two superman movies to write the script,and have John Williams do the musical score.Presto a magical movie just like superman 1 & 2.simple solution got it? good because Im tired of repeating it and you guys not reading what I previously posted.you are misquoting me here as well which is why I am tired of these discussions because you also forgot to mention that I said that Dick Tracy is ANOTHER comicbook film besides Daredevil which was a good comicbook film since superman.somehow you conviently forgot to mention that one.

While Daredevil could have been better,it at least was much more loyal to the comicbook.Yes Elecktra was an assassion but they had to make that change though to make her a likeable character.I always thought they could have gotten someone who looked more like Elecktra than Jennifer Garner but she was good in that role.Hell of a lot better than Tobey Mcguire was as spidey.He was fine as Peter parker,no complaints there,but he sucked as spiderman because he sounded horrible as spiderman.the spidey from the 90's toon had an awesome voice and is what made that show so fun to watch.for a key character like spiderman,you should have an actor who has a great voice which mcguire does not have.

spidey in the comics and cartoons is constantly cracking wisecracks when he is fighting,even when his life is in danger.that was inexcusable for him to be so quiet in his fights with doc ock and green goblin.making very few wisecracks at all.

the only good thing about the spiderman movies is the special effects especially the second one with the scenes of doc ock in it.As I mentioned the second was better than the first but still a joke because of how they screwed up the character of doc ock making him mr nice guy in the beginning and then becoming good at the end and when peter took off his mask to doc ock.totally stupid,peter would NEVER reveal his identity to his greatest enemy.

William Defoe was a great Norman Osborn but his laughable and stupid looking costume ruined his amazing performance.People laughed at that costume watching him talk without moving his mouth.JK SIMMONS was also amazing as JJJ,he nailed the character.Him and defoe and the special effects are the only good things about the spiderman movies.thats it.I have already pointed out before why these films are so horribly wriiten especially the first one but you all just want to pleased with merely just seeing the name spiderman on the screen that you want to ignore all those valid points so I am done wasting my time on this thread since you ignore these points on why it was so horribly wriiten.

so what if you studied all those things. whats that prove? I have never said that the special effects were bad in these films.I have always said that is the best thing about the films and the main reason why its such a big money maker,that and because of what an extremely popular character spiderman is.If I was saying things like the speical effects were horrible-which again I never have,then you would have a reason to point that out,but I never have.I have just always maintained that the films were horribly wriiten especially the first film.If you had ever studied screenwriting before like I have then you would know how horribly written these movies are. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Daredevil while it has some flaws in it as well,was much more loyal to the comicbook and unlike the first manspider film,when you campare daredevil to the first film,daredevil has more positives than negatives. roll eyes (sarcastic)

for the last time.Making a spiderman film without the classic mechs is the same as making a superman film with him flying arounf on a jetpack.Inexcusable and stupid in both instances.the organics are a joke in the first place because there is no logical reason for him to be SHOOTING webs in the first place,spiders dont SHOOT webbing,they SPIN it. roll eyes (sarcastic) also he could never shoot the webbing far distannces like he does without rupturing many blood vessels and veins.again horrible screenwriting.again If I had been complaining all this time saying this movie was horrible because it had horrible special effects,then you would be able to back up your argument there that I dont know what I am talking about,but the fact is I have always said that is the best thing about these movies is the special effects but the screenwriting for these films is horrible and inexcusable,so dont start in anymore with this I have studied visual effescts,video composing,2d animation when none of that is relevent to the main issue here which is the script writing in these movies which just plain sucks in these films.

also its actually superman that is way better than the spiderman films in every way.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 28th, 2005 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 07:08 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

quote:
Originally posted by BlackC@t
Ha! looks like BlackC@t's met her match in another female Spidey fan...

Heh heh heh evil face
I wonder if they'll do a Spider-girl movie?

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:47 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Well to address your first post,thats because the changes they made in the superman movies were reasonable and not stupid like the changes they made in the spiderman movies.organic webshooters are on the same level as superman flying around on a jetpack,pointless and stupid with no logical justiifcation behind them other than that it was simply lazy film making which is inexcusable.To address THIS point,THATS the key right there,you said MOST of the time.I dont come out dissapointed ALL the time otherwise I wouldnt.I really enjoyed Daredevil and feel that its the first good comicbook film made since superman other than dick tracy.So as long as hollywood makes a good comicbook film once in a while like they did with Dick Tracy and Daredevil,I'll still go see comicbook films.Matter of fact,I havent seen it yet but I am really excited about Seeing Elecktra,that looks to be the best comicbook film made since Superman 2.Hope that answers your question satisfactorily? big grin

yup, thanks for taking the time to do so. i understand where you are coming from. i'm a bigger superman fan than spiderman and when those superman movies came out i felt the same way you probably felt about spiderman. so i guess i can relate. big grin

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 03:45 AM
jedi90 is currently offline Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Okay posts like these from people like K3vil are why I am getting sick of discussing this and why this is going to be my last post on this thread.first of all K3vil,you never read all my posts because I already pointed out HOW a great spiderman movie can be made and not pure crap like what HAS been made.Obviously you missed it where I said all it takes to make a great spiderman film and for it to be a magical movie experience like Superman 1 & 2 are is get Richard Donner to direct it,get the screenwriters from the first two superman movies to write the script,and have John Williams do the musical score.Presto a magical movie just like superman 1 & 2.simple solution got it? good because Im tired of repeating it and you guys not reading what I previously posted.you are misquoting me here as well which is why I am tired of these discussions because you also forgot to mention that I said that Dick Tracy is ANOTHER comicbook film besides Daredevil which was a good comicbook film since superman.somehow you conviently forgot to mention that one.

yes dick tracy was excellent, i loved it too.

but getting the crew you mentioned will not guarantee a great superhero movie (besides john williams, that guy rules). Donner's last good movie was Lethal Weapon 4. While he did a wonderful job with superman, you have to realise its the hardest superhero to mess up, its an incredibly simple premise, believe me i know (im a huge supes fan).

quote:
While Daredevil could have been better,it at least was much more loyal to the comicbook.Yes Elecktra was an assassion but they had to make that change though to make her a likeable character.I always thought they could have gotten someone who looked more like Elecktra than Jennifer Garner but she was good in that role.Hell of a lot better than Tobey Mcguire was as spidey.He was fine as Peter parker,no complaints there,but he sucked as spiderman because he sounded horrible as spiderman.the spidey from the 90's toon had an awesome voice and is what made that show so fun to watch.for a key character like spiderman,you should have an actor who has a great voice which mcguire does not have.

spidey in the comics and cartoons is constantly cracking wisecracks when he is fighting,even when his life is in danger.that was inexcusable for him to be so quiet in his fights with doc ock and green goblin.making very few wisecracks at all.

daredevil more loyal... how? elektras change was stupid imo... and i thought garner was terrible.

better than tobey? i don't think so... its unfair to compare them to tas voices, because tas will always be the best imo. maguires voice was good enough imo, but i was a bit angry he didnt wisecrack too.

quote:
the only good thing about the spiderman movies is the special effects especially the second one with the scenes of doc ock in it.As I mentioned the second was better than the first but still a joke because of how they screwed up the character of doc ock making him mr nice guy in the beginning and then becoming good at the end and when peter took off his mask to doc ock.totally stupid,peter would NEVER reveal his identity to his greatest enemy.

molina was stunning imo... an excellent doc ock...

but yes he should have kept his mask on...

quote:
Daredevil while it has some flaws in it as well,was much more loyal to the comicbook and unlike the first manspider film,when you campare daredevil to the first film,daredevil has more positives than negatives.

affleck and garner outweigh any positives imo...

quote:
for the last time.Making a spiderman film without the classic mechs is the same as making a superman film with him flying arounf on a jetpack.Inexcusable and stupid in both instances.the organics are a joke in the first place because there is no logical reason for him to be SHOOTING webs in the first place,spiders dont SHOOT webbing,they SPIN it. also he could never shoot the webbing far distannces like he does without rupturing many blood vessels and veins.

bull... organic webs shouldnt be a big deal to anyone...

quote:
the screenwriting for these films is horrible and inexcusable

no its not, its actually quite decent imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 03:52 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

That is so long and silly I'm not going to bother reading it. It's pathetic to say you hate the movie because it 'Betray the comic,' just pretend it isn't based on your 'precious comic' and you'll have no problem with it.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 10:42 PM
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Heh heh heh evil face
I wonder if they'll do a Spider-girl movie?

Me too evil face

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 10:43 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Spider Man 1 and 2 tie with Batman 1 and 2
Spider Man 1 and 2 are superior to Batman 3 and 4
Spider Man 1 and 2 and Batman 1 and 2 are better than ALL Supermans
ALL Supermans are superior to Batman 3 and 4

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 08:19 AM
Darth_Nefarus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

Mr parker, calm down! Gees, it's just a chat line. I guess I see your point but hey, you got to admit, the effects carried the wieght and it kept you going till the end. I had problems with the part where Pete lost
his powers and was crashing down like a frog gone crazy and I thought that sucked like a bad watermelon!

In many ways they spoilt the movie with the rediculous changes they made but hey, the effacts made up for it! I wonder how they come up with these changes anyway? Do they get true comic readers or just some movie commercial geek? Anyway may the force be with us all! The word of God that is!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:30 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
I had problems with the part where Pete lost
his powers and was crashing down like a frog gone crazy and I thought that sucked like a bad watermelon!

Why? Because he wasn't doing the normal "OMG-Kill-teh-baddies!" thing?

It added to his conflictions. He was having trouble with accepting his role as a superhero, and therefore his sub-conscious was switching his powers off. It's like when an athlete can't run because he's lost the passion or the will to win - the same thing was happening to Spidey on the same level.

It was actually a really good part of the movie - it proved how much Peter Parker was a true grit hero, he knew how good his life could be if he gave it up - but he just couldn't. He was Spider-Man for life.

Also - it has been done in the comic books, so take it out on the source material, not the movie.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 06:13 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fatcat22

if you guys are arguing about spidey losing his powers, it couldn't have come from the comics cus he uses web shooters to spin his web so how can he afford to lose his powers to swing if he depended on his web shooters. Are you talking about his spider powers like clinging to walls?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 06:53 PM
fatcat22 is currently offline Click here to Send fatcat22 a Private Message Find more posts by fatcat22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

Cool

doesn't matter, spiderman movies are going to be the best for a whole long time , you know why? The guys a good fellow kinda guy and real! I just wish they brought back his wise cracks like back in the good old days (70s, 80s and early 90s).

Spidey films for now have out sold Xmen, Hulk, DD, Cat woman and even Electra! Since Star wars is coming out again this year lets see how Batman returns and Superman forever or whatever does in knockiing it off the top draw! Its gonna be a tough year to be no. one!

The special effects trailer on Star wars 'the return of the Sith was devastating so lets see how the Bat fairs!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 01:13 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

"Spider-Man I still love. Like Burtons Batman movies, I understand the changes, and despite my love of the webshooters, I have always been glad that Spidey had organics. It divided opinion on the movies like no other (right bakerboy/mr parker?). Like I said, it didn't bother me, as it was an adaptation. It, like the Superman movies, got the essence and values of the character spot-on though, which redeemed and justified the changes, and that matters to me more than re-creating the damn comic as it was printed"

very well said Red supes. i have the same thoughs

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:04 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

"I'm just glad the 3 most famous superheroes didn't end up getting the treatment that The Punisher, Hulk and poor Elektra recieved. Now they were critically despised"

hulk is nice i like for the exception of it getting bigger like a tree and the dog fight, the rest are fine, punisher was a cool movie but a bad adaptation, and poor electra? did u see that movie, it crap!!!!!, i hate remembered i wasted my money to see that , bad adaptation , worst movie ever.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 11:24 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Powerful Dragon
The Only Red Dragon

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 03:02 AM
Powerful Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Powerful Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Powerful Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

wrong forum, dude?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 05:01 AM
bakerboy

Is this thread still here? Its sad what it can be said about those terrible movies about man spider.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:32 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote