KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

I think Spider-Man's the best movie adaption. true, it isn't too much like the comics, but neither are any other superhero movies. the superman and batman movies were okay, but they were nothing compared to Spider-Man. so are the Spider-Man comics. Personally, I find Marvel superheroes better than DC superheroes. I like it when it's more close to reality. you know, like living in a real city, that sort of thing. That's my opinion.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 04:10 AM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Yes the 2 spiderman movies are better than the superman and batman movies. Superman 1 and 2 were good but 3 and 4 were box office bombs. Batman 1 was good but the other 3 were bad, badder and garbage.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 07:41 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Actually spiderman is about the worst comicbook adaptation ever.Bakerboy and Mr Parker are right,we have only seen manspider on film,not spiderman.Superman is 10X better than those horrible manspider movies and those horrible tim burton batman movies as well.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 04:48 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
I think Spider-Man's the best movie adaption. true, it isn't too much like the comics, but neither are any other superhero movies. the superman and batman movies were okay, but they were nothing compared to Spider-Man. so are the Spider-Man comics. Personally, I find Marvel superheroes better than DC superheroes. I like it when it's more close to reality. you know, like living in a real city, that sort of thing. That's my opinion.

dc is way more realistic than marvel... but hey, i prefer batman and superman to spiderman comics wise, so i get what you mean...

the worst comic book adaptations imo are: daredevil, elektra, 80s punisher and batman and robin...

spiderman movies are far more faithful and just plain better made than those mentioned above...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 14th, 2005 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 06:36 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Yes, they are so faithfull with organics webs, mary jane behaving like gwen , spidey not being funny, green goblin like a power ranger and doc ock being being a good guy at first and at last. And what a great script with all the people seeing peter powers in the school scene and all the people seeing who spidey is and losing his powers for not reason in the second. What two great and faithfull movies. laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 07:43 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

so you failed to mention the fact that maguire was an amazing parker, defoe played a great osborne... aunt may and jj were almost flawless... most changes made were for the better, molinas ock being a prime example, he gave the character depth...

sure it had its flaws, it wasnt perfect, but it was a whole lot better than the movies i mentioned earlier...

and stop going on about the organic webs, they were good enough for stan lee, so get over it. i'd call u a fanboy but that would be insulting fanboys...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 07:59 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Stop with that crap of fan boy, man. Im not a fanboy, im first a cinema lover and second a comic lover, so, i see if the material is good before if is a good adaptation. And the movies were bad movies. Im agree with you in the first three points: maguire was good, dafoe was great, simmons and harris were amazing, but the changes were unnessesary and stupid and for worse, and molina was a great doc ock, but a poor octavious because the terrible scripters changed his character with not reason at all. And not, stop with that lie that Stan Lee liked the orgaincs, he hated them. He only did good talking about them because he had to promote the movies.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 08:08 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sure he did... they were holding a gun to his head... if he didn't like them he wouldn't have had cameos in them, or spent ages talking about them in that documentary with kevin smith...

i saw nothing wrong with octavius... he had the same motivations as the real one, they just expanded it slightly... to make it work on the screen...

the changes were not made for fun, they had reasons... why organic webbing? because peter parker was not a millionaire with an unlimited supply of artificial webbing... it helped to make him more like an everyman by giving him organic webbing... it worked too imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 08:15 PM
bakerboy

Surely, bad talk about the movie when it will be released would be an intelligent movement by stan. Its his creation, he couldnt damage a movie based in his most famous creation bad talking about it, even he think it. Have you ever seen a director or an actor bad talking about the movie that they are promoting? For example, Bob Kane said that batman and robin was the best batman movie when it was relased, some time after, he bad talking about the movie in interviews.

Octavious in the comics is a pompous prick , arrogant and unkind. Why change it? Why it wouldnt work in a movie? Only sony, sam raimi and the scripter know it.

Peter is a everyman not for the organics, he is a everyman for his problems. They only didnt translate it to the movies because they thought that it would be so incredible in a movie. What is a ridiculous excuse because we are talking about a movie based in a comic book, where all is possible,its a fantasy world, not a bio-pic.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 08:30 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

he was in the movie... actually on screen... if he didn't like it he wouldn't have done it...

octavious was arrogant and slightly pompous, he was too sure of himself in the experiment, the similarities i was talking about were how the loss of the loved one drove him to do bad things...

well d'uh... i never said it was due to the organics, we all know its his problems... even a fantasy world needs some sort of basis in reality... imagine how dumb it would have looked showing him in one scene struggling to hold a job, and then he goes home and takes out his very costly web shooters and fluid...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 08:58 PM
bakerboy

Oviulsly, the fact that he was on screen doesnt mean that he liked the organics. The wife of bob kane was on the last two batman movies and you know what was Kane's opinion.

That was very far of what the character is. The character shouldnt be only obsessed with his experiment, he should be a prick by himself. He was only a good guy controlled by his tentacles.

Well, a man controlled by four tentacles is kinda dumb too and is in the movie. That isnt a valid excuse.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:19 PM
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

quote:
originally posted by pr1983
dc is way more realistic than marvel... but hey, i prefer batman and superman to spiderman comics wise, so i get what you mean...

Wait a minute. you do know DC's the one with Superman and Batman, Right? Spider-Man is Marvel. Because that sentence confused me. I also think that Marvel's superheroes are more realistic because they don't live in cities like Metropolis (Which isn't a real city). they live in New York city, and places like that. and yeah, I like the flash, but he totally goes against the whole E=MC2 theory. and Marvel superheroes have some scientifics to them. But I do agree that organics for the movie does make it more believable. And Spider-Man is a little off, but it's still a better movie than Batman and Superman, which proves that creating a whole new story is better than making it as close to the comics as possible. because some things that were used for the comics won't work in a movie.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:41 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

if he hated it so much he'd have refused to do it, but he didn't...

he could have been crueler, but imo it made him more interesting character...

and they explained the tentacles properly, so it is a valid excuse...

quote:
Wait a minute. you do know DC's the one with Superman and Batman, Right? Spider-Man is Marvel. Because that sentence confused me. I also think that Marvel's superheroes are more realistic because they don't live in cities like Metropolis (Which isn't a real city). they live in New York city, and places like that. and yeah, I like the flash, but he totally goes against the whole E=MC2 theory. and Marvel superheroes have some scientifics to them. But I do agree that organics for the movie does make it more believable. And Spider-Man is a little off, but it's still a better movie than Batman and Superman, which proves that creating a whole new story is better than making it as close to the comics as possible. because some things that were used for the comics won't work in a movie.

batman is a human billionaire, yes with extraordinary talents, but a human nonetheless, superman is an alien, and his origin and powers are well documented... marvel has living planets, a man bitten by a radioactive spider, a guy who survived a gamma blast and instead of being killed turns into a big green monster, a guy who eats planets... i am a huge fan of both stables, but i know dc tries to be more plausable and gives a hell of a lot more detail than marvel...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 14th, 2005 at 10:46 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:42 PM
bakerboy

No, they dont explained the tentacles properly. What is that explanation?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:47 PM
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

I think the whole tentacles controlling octavious was a great idea. it had a strong story to it. I thought they did a great job with that storyline.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
No, they dont explained the tentacles properly. What is that explanation?

the pins connected to his spinal column directly interfacing with his nervous system, thereby allowing him to control them with his thoughts... a complex ai program was used to give them intelligence, while the inhibitor chip dampened their influence on his brain...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:51 PM
bakerboy

I think that it was stupid and unnessesary. Why he cant be evil for himself? Plus, when the tentacles were like talking to him was kinda dumb and campy.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:52 PM
bakerboy

By the way, if it could be in a movie, the web shooters can.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
By the way, if it could be in a movie, the web shooters can.

they could, but ock was rich, he could afford to build the arms with his oscorp grant...

parker dont have a grant... no web shooters

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:56 PM
bakerboy

But peter is a tennager genious, he could make the web shooters with material not so expensive. Its more a talent issue than a money issue. He did that high-tech costume and he hadnt money too.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 11:02 PM