KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?

Are Spiderman Movies Better Than Both Superman N Batman Films?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
doctorstrongbad

Okay i guess the thread continues

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:04 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

The Superman movies are waaaaaaaay better than the Man-Spider monstrosities.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 01:25 AM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

for goodness sake! he's called Spider-Man! And I personally think that the superman movies were kind of boring. Spider-Man was more enjoyable.

Buds-MerMorgan02; AddictedToBoys

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:11 AM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have to learn to get used to the people calling it Man-Spider, they're being extremely ignorant in blatantly ignoring the title and trying to make it seem as if they matter. When they don't.

Marvel are riding a pretty untouchable wave after the blockbusters that were the Spider-Man movies, adored by newbies and comic fans alike. A few malcontents on this forum probably aren't making Joe Quesada and Stan Lee lose any sleep.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:50 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I think the Spider-Man movies were superior to the Superman movies too embarrasment

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 07:23 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
I repeat, if peter created the high tech costume without money, he could create the web shooters. Also, is a fantasy movie, if the people can get superheroes and supervillains with fantastic powers, they could can get the web shooters easily.

It's not a fantasy movie, silly roll eyes (sarcastic)

Peter didn't make his costume. He got it for free from a costum-made tailor, seriously. The Flying Dutchman was praising him because he beat up Bone-Saw, and he told him his brother was a tailor and would do his costume for free.

I find it much more believable for a person to get superpowers then to create webshooters.

Besides, how do you know a person can't get spider-like powers from getting bitten by a genetically altered super-spider?

Last edited by BlackC@ on Feb 17th, 2005 at 07:31 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 07:29 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

SPIDEY FILMS ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY BROKDE ALOT OF RECORDS AND SALES WERE AMAZING! End of story! Until supes films conquer no argument!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:02 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TWelling4Ever
Smallville Freak

ABSOLUTELY! I really think that the Spiderman movie was a really good adaptation and that it blew all the other movies away. raver rock big grin eek! cool

Lois: I don't understand what the big deal is. We just took a shower.

Clark: SHOWERSSSS!!! We took seperate showers!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:11 PM
TWelling4Ever is currently offline Click here to Send TWelling4Ever a Private Message Find more posts by TWelling4Ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
SPIDEY FILMS ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY BROKDE ALOT OF RECORDS AND SALES WERE AMAZING! End of story! Until supes films conquer no argument!

boy you have a short term memory.I already said this earlier on this thread but looks like I got to repeat it again since your memory is short.That old lame argument that its better because they made so much money at the box office is so lame its laughable.the man-spider movies made so much money at the box office simply because spidey is an extremely popular character it did not matter how horrible the movies really were.them and the batman movies only made so much money at the box office because of the popularity of them.itwas mostly kids that got their parents to take the family back to the cinemas over and over again to make it so much money,not because the family wanted to.

I asked many familys both times when batman and the manspider movies came out if they saw the movies and they said yes they did several times only because their kids wanted them to see it.Its pretty safe to say that went on around the country as well.also come on,there are many more theaters today than there were back in 1978 and 1981 and ticket prices are a LOT higher so you cant say it made more money when they were made in such different times when inflation has come into hand. according to that laughable logic as I said earlier,by THAT LOGIC empire strikes back was not anywhere near as good a movie and the phantom menace is the best star wars movie ever even though many people hated the phantom menace. roll eyes (sarcastic) please enopugh with that laughable and lame logic that the manspider movies are better because of sales at the box office.that old argument has been shot down countless of times.they only made so much money at the box office because of the extreme popularity of the character.superman and batman are more well known than spiderman,but they are not near as popular.proof is in the pudding,spidey has his own comicstrip in national newspapers,batman and superman dont so spidey is obviously more popular with people even though supes and bats are more well known.the popularity of the character made spidey so much money at the box office.simple as that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:33 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

[QUOTE]Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
[B]for goodness sake! he's called Spider-Man!

yeah but the character on the screen you saw was manspider,not spiderman because they turned him into a damn monster with organics. mad

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:36 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Wow this thread is causing a lot of controversy. Cool, keep up the good work.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:24 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Please , blackcat, dont insult me, ok?

Second, If for you a movie based in a comic book with a guy with the powers of a spider and another guy getting superhuman strenght and flying in a gilder isnt a fantasy movie, and a guy with superhuman powers by the bite of a spider is more believle than a guy creating a web fluid, surely we havent nothing to discuss about.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:43 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Um ...If they make a manspider movie and it sucks... will they call it Spiderman?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:49 PM
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:23 PM
#1Rupert_Lover is currently offline Click here to Send #1Rupert_Lover a Private Message Find more posts by #1Rupert_Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Yeah I was hoping to get a laugh with that one.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:28 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Um ...If they make a manspider movie and it sucks... will they call it Spiderman?

laughing

quote:
boy you have a short term memory.I already said this earlier on this thread but looks like I got to repeat it again since your memory is short.That old lame argument that its better because they made so much money at the box office is so lame its laughable.the man-spider movies made so much money at the box office simply because spidey is an extremely popular character it did not matter how horrible the movies really were.them and the batman movies only made so much money at the box office because of the popularity of them.itwas mostly kids that got their parents to take the family back to the cinemas over and over again to make it so much money,not because the family wanted to.

utter bullshit... the films were critically and publically acclaimed by fans and newbs alike... we've had this argument before... just because they weren't perfect movies you whine and complain constantly... grow the f*ck up...

claiming people saw the movie purely on his popularity is ridiculous, a lot of people read revews, thats why we have critics, they can make or break a lot of movies...

and guess what, some people actually enjoyed these movies because... wait for it... they were well made comic nook adaptations...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
#1Rupert_Lover
Loving Rupert Grint

but seriously, I think some of you who don't like the spidey movies only hate it because he doesn't have webshooters. it isn't that big of a deal. they needed to make some alterations so that they could make the movie more believable. because people who've never read the comics before wouldn't understand how peter created the webshooters and figured out how to make web fluid when scientists are still trying to figure out what spider webs are made out of. plus, where would he get the chemicals without paying for it. so really, they had no other choice but to make them organic for the movies. so don't make such a big deal out of it, people! Superman's a good movie, but it still gets pretty boring. The only good Batman so far was the first one, and that one's old. (Though i hope this new batman coming up will be good.) Spider-Man films is probably the best superhero movies so far.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:42 PM
doctorstrongbad

Yeah I would have to agree with that.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:50 PM
Mr Parker

again the ONLY reason the manspider movies made so much money is because spidey is an extremely popular character,much more than batman and superman.thats why unlike them,he has his own comicstrip in national newspapers.the extreme popularity of his character is what made the movie so much money,nothing else.NOW you can say end of story dami wilson. big grin

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 10:49 PM
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
but seriously, I think some of you who don't like the spidey movies only hate it because he doesn't have webshooters. it isn't that big of a deal. they needed to make some alterations so that they could make the movie more believable. because people who've never read the comics before wouldn't understand how peter created the webshooters and figured out how to make web fluid when scientists are still trying to figure out what spider webs are made out of. plus, where would he get the chemicals without paying for it. so really, they had no other choice but to make them organic for the movies. so don't make such a big deal out of it, people! Superman's a good movie, but it still gets pretty boring. The only good Batman so far was the first one, and that one's old. (Though i hope this new batman coming up will be good.) Spider-Man films is probably the best superhero movies so far.

oh god not this old lame argument AGAIN.. roll eyes (sarcastic) Please we have pointed it out umpteen times on this thread that it was a LOT more than just organics that ruined the film and make it about the worst comicbook film ever.If you would bother to read the previous posts you would see that.according to THAT logic there never should have been a spiderman movie made because the whole thing of spiderman is unbeieveable and there are many things in that movie that are far more unbelieveable than that,plus a guy getting bit by a spider and gaining all those powers he gets is every bit as unbelieveable as what your saying. roll eyes (sarcastic) for the umpteenth time,he had the instinctive knowledge from the spiderbite to instintively know how to make thw webbing.he can easily get the chemicals from doc connors at the college.again there hasnt been a good batman movie made yet-he is o-4 and spiderman is o-2. its a HUGE deal for the die hard spidey fans because we want to see the character of spiderman on the screen NOT manspider which is who we are stuck with.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 10:57 PM