KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Politics Forum

Should there Be A Political Forum?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 21 50.00%
No 18 42.86%
No Opinion 3 7.14%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Politics Forum
Started by: Ou Be Low hoo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Use the GDF. If necassary, a forum will be created in due course.

The good thing about having a specific forum for politics would be that people who aren't interested in it can simply stay out...Doing this would allow the people who have a genuine interest in it to be passionate yet understand that we're talking politics, so any perceived flaming would be kept to a minimum. The main problem with it being in the GDF is that some people with absolutely no knowledge of politics make the most ridiculous claims thus resulting in retaliatory flames...

I post quite a bit in The Philosophy Forum and the debates are heated, but generally based in the facts being discussed...obviously with a few exceptions...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 06:05 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if you create that forum, you'll also create the interest ... now not many make political threads but as soon as you have the forum, people will easier make such threads and with that the trouble that goes with it like last time

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 11:02 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

People can just as easily avoid the threads, you'll get just as many ignorant members posting in a forum as you do in the threads we already have erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 01:21 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I think this idea is similiar to religion forum - the debates and the flaming could be exactly the same - but religion forum is kept an eye on and politics forum would be as well. The first signes of bashing - warning, then a thread close.

Maybe...dunno, just supportive of a suggestion.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 02:53 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

So far, we' ve only had one thread closed due to overheated in the Religion Forum.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 02:56 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

That's what trials were created for happy I think KMC is sturdy enough to handle a testing period of this calibre.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:27 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
So far, we' ve only had one thread closed due to overheated in the Religion Forum.

There's been plenty of edited content, however, and 4 closed threads. 3 for offensive content. That's only from the inception of the Religion forum.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Jan 23rd, 2005 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:06 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

So, I'm a little confused.... who's for the forum and who's against?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:11 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
There's been plenty of edited content, however, and 4 closed threads. 3 for offensive content. That's only from the inception of the Religion forum.

I knew there hadn' t been many edits but I checked nonetheless. Among all threads on the first page of the Religion Forum, edited content by a moderator: 1. Perhaps you' re confusing with other sections...

I could only detect 2 closed threads due to offensive content. Suicide which is not the privilege of the Religion Forum but also the GDF and the thread starter of the second apologised twice in advance if it was offensive to someone but still wanted us to have a look at it and give our opinion.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 09:15 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

I havent been here for that long but ive seen what kind of arguments they can cause from other forums.It isnt a good idea and neither is a religion or philosophy forum.

Everyone has there own opinions and there gonna try to make everyone agree no matter how many rules are set down.People will be banned by record numbers.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:35 AM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

It hasn't gone that far in philosophy or religion just yet.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:58 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Beastro
I havent been here for that long but ive seen what kind of arguments they can cause from other forums.It isnt a good idea and neither is a religion or philosophy forum.

Everyone has there own opinions and there gonna try to make everyone agree no matter how many rules are set down.People will be banned by record numbers.

It should be a natural human ability to share opinions civilly and maturely, if you really think things are going to get that out of hand I suggest you avoid the place altogether.... IMO there are enough members here who can control themselves, why should a chance at a good debate forum be passed up just because of a few idiots?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:32 AM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Re: Politics Forum

quote:
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Hello? Helllllloooo? Heeeeeelllllllloooo? Anybody there? Yo! Oi! Ugh! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...feeeeeels so good! Yeah.

Well, seeing as we have a religion forum and a...Now I'm a say this one time boy and that's my word..sorry, eh...or yeah...and a philosophy forum, I was thinking in my brain that a politics forum would be a grand idea...a way of broadening the appeal of the forum as a whole, as there are only so many times someone can find interest and satisfaction in playing a counting game...

So, that is the trip I'm looking for...Possible? Yes. Probable? Don't know.

And now for some lyrical respite from our friends, J5:

Let's take you back to the concrete streets
Original beats with real live mc's
Playground tactics
No rabbit in a hat tricks
Just that classic
Rap shit from Jurassic

I'm asking "Can we have a Politics Forum?"...by the way.

No political threads are against the rules

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:43 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The rule has changed to controversial topics.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:45 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

GDF is good enough for me. Political forum? Nah!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Meh, I dont know. Im kinda for the idea, but if it does get made, imma do me best to stay out embarrasment

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:03 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

*snort*

Milla, you walking contradiction, you

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:04 PM
lil bitchiness
-

I said Id do my best to stay out, dont mean i always will stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:05 PM
Syren
dreaming

Fantabbydoozy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 08:06 PM
Krypt Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should KMC have A Political Forum?

I Personally Think Yes.

That Way We Can Bash The Hell Out Of This Tyrannical Government.

And I've been told to scream
Where no one can hear me. - Godsmack, Make Me Belive

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 01:04 PM
Krypt Keeper is currently offline Click here to Send Krypt Keeper a Private Message Find more posts by Krypt Keeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote