KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Round #1

And the winnah is?!
This poll is closed.
Crazyspinz 5 33.33%
Scroobless 10 66.67%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament Round #1
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

and no amount of gravity graviton can make will hurt doomsday, he can survive at the center of the sun, he has survived Darksieds omega beams, he would easily kill all of scoob's team

ok im going to bed now, but please read arguements before you vote,

and arent gravatrons powers very unstable, i remember reading somewhere that he is usualy weaker than magneto, but everyonce and a while his power goes way up and way down in bursts.

honestly, who is better the guy who finaly killed the "invincible" superman without using some fancy green rock, a guy who basicaly defeated the xmen and the avengers at the same time and stalemated nate grey (cmon people stalmated nate frikin grey, thats gotta count for something) a guy who beat up thor and iron man at the same time (ok, ultimates, still happend tough..)
or
a unpredictable inconsistant magneto rippoff, a martian wanna be robot and a guy who is like superman but weaker in every way...

g'night

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 04:02 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

I don't think Nate Grey was at full power when he fought Exodus. In fact, he spent a crapload of his series drastically drained. Superman can't attain immediately accelerate to light speed, he needs time. So would doomsday, whereas gravitons instanly move at light speed and you can't exactly dodge them. I've NEVER heard of Graviton's powers being unstable. Got an online source for that?

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 24th, 2005 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 04:29 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
read any good bio on DD, it says he is at least as fast as supes.

Read any good comic book, you'll see that he aint that fast.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:02 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

ok, back (and a little tired) the only reason any of your team are still on planet is the "no expelling rule"
if you'd read thunderbolts you'd know graviton IS powerful enough to possably rule the world, it was always his long term vision that stopped him which doesn't come into play in a skirmish like this (and that bio someone posted was out of date - never took his last thunderbolts appearance into it)
speed wouldn't be an issue as doomsday can't fly all graviton would have to do is cut off the gravity of the area and watch him float up along with the rest of his team
as for your vision/bishop encounter....... vision knows bishop and would never attack with energy which is why i set puma on him and didn't attempt to hold him down with graviton as he may absorb some of the energy like he did with magneto
also seeing exodus as the largest threat on your team (as DD is easily lifted out of the combat and colossus can't fly) i triple attacked him in the first moves ..... he may be good but with enough differing attacks anyone can be taken by surprise and downed....... much like i described happy
yes carnage would indeed murder gambit....... and probably enjoy it so much he'd freak out his team mates
colossus is not even close to fast enough to grab puma......... especially if grav adds a few hundred thousand pounds to him
hawkeye has a ton of experiance (perhaps the most here) and if he thought he wouldn't get a direct hit on a faster opponent (who was somehow allowed into the "street" level) he use something else ie: flashbang/net/screamer/gas
scourge and blade (if .....again......blade is in "street" they both fire blade gets hit scourge uses shield to similar effect as cap, if blade get closerhe springs up uses staff flash to momentarily disoriantate then kicks out with stilt leg almost decapitating him
you may look at my team and think they aren't the most powerful.... and you're probably right, but they're well rounded and use superior tactics...... it's not all about power....... just ask captain america

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 06:23 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

shouldn't everyone who votes give their reasons for the decision? just a thought

btw even though i admit my team may not be the most powerful, graviton only needs an instan to cut everyone off from the earths gravity (it's only the tourney rules that're making me go around that)

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jan 24th, 2005 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 07:44 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

i agree that we should have reasons for voting

ill admit to not knowing that much about graviton, and ive thought about it and heres how the mach would go down.

gambit would only need to touch vision and vision would be dead.

exodus would loose to graviton, but it would be a hard fight and graviton would not beable to do much after that, then colossus would lay down a physical beating on him, anmd im pretty sure graviton is not very durable, afew class 100 punches from colossus could take him down.

doomsday would destroy wonder man

bishop would be already charged up, via gambit giving him cards to absorb, he would blast at puma for a while, then probably loose,

gambit would be killed by carnage

blade and wild child are faster, stronger, and more agile then the other two, blade and wc have hightened sences and are slightly more durable than other humans, they cuold probably take down scourge and hawkeye.

amd about triple teaming exodus, there is pretty much no way of beating him unles you have some sort of telepathic defence, he took on all of the avengers at once, and they are the best teamworkers ever, and there where alot more than three of them. warmachine is stronger than wonderman, can fly just as fast and has way more fire power and he went down in a snap. scoob please tell me how graviton and the rest of your team will keep exodus out of there minds?

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 09:39 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

and about tourny rules, if they wernt here exodus would shut down the minds of everyone on your team

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 09:41 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

fat lot of good it'd do him thousands of miles out in space though, even xavier took a while to shut down magneto without the helmet, and that was just 1 guy, not 7

exodus wouldn't be given time to do the mind minipulating after hits from viz instantly and hawk in first couple of secs followed in by wonderman

grav can erect impenetrable shields around him (and team) that repel all matter and energy so colossus could batter it all day if he liked......... not that he'd be able to as grav's preffered position is above the battlefield

again, viz is very smart, he wouldn't let gambit touch him for the same reason he wont hit bishop with an energy attack.... cos he's not stupid and could easily avoid that through flight or intangability..... or by taking gambit out with a microwave blast

doomsday again is out of it through levitation because he's too dangerous to approach physically, and for the hell of it grav restrains everyone else apart from bishop too,

bishop is still gutted either by puma or carnage (whoever can get to him first

and carnage could take out blade wild child and gambit by himself.... possably exodus too.... no telling what mental defences the symbiote gives him

hawkeye can, and has, held his own against vastly more powerful foes and a lot of faster ones too, more than enough experience to handle wild child, and if wild child is, like you said a toned down no healing factor sabretooth, then puma would rip him to pieces.... as he may be able to do to sabretooth too (pre-adamantium) he's like wolverine on steroids without the super healing but waaay stronger

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 10:13 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

as fro the avengers being the greateast teamworkers ever........... well....... they never came up against team scoob

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 10:17 PM
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

This one's pretty close....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:16 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

how about this, graviton pins everyone down and everyone on the team attacks exodus
hawkeye - screamer,explosive/gas arrows
vision - microwaveblasts
carnage - fires multiple spike and spears
scourge - hard air bullets
graviton - just keeps pressing down till he pops
puma & wonderman - wait for long range attacks to impact then charge in followed by vision and carnage untill he is thoroughly ripped to pieces
graviton elevates everyone else except bishop who he leaves for puma & carnage
then lowers wild child to same fate
then gambit
then blade
leaving just colossus and doomsday
doomsday is held up, colossus is thrown up then slammed down from 2 miles up, then repeated, then repeated, etc etc ....... till he's unconscious or dead
then doomsday is battered in a similar style for longer and with more force, then, when knocked out, either tossed into the sun or driven down to the core of the earth

i'm going to bed again............ if you want another scenario i'll be happy to give it tomorrow night

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:35 PM
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
This one's pretty close....

indeed

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:37 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i will mention that once graviton has affected the gravity he doesn't need to concentrate to keep it affected so mind manipulation wouldn't release the team, just throw him off a little untill exodus was pulped

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:38 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
a martian wanna be robot

WEOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WEOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Here those sirens? That's the continuity police!

The Avengers' Vision was actually based off a 1940's Timely property whose name was...The Vision. Aarkus (aka the Vision) was an interdimensional policeman with many varied powers. Roy Thomas wanted to bring him into the Avengers. The mighty mainstays at Marvel said "no". So Roy created a new Vision that blatantly ripped off the original, and also tied into another GA character (The Vision at the time was explained as a rebuilt, reprogramed Jim Hammond, Hammond was later brought back, and Busiek made peace between the two conflicting stories by saying that the Vision was duplicate of Hammond made by Immortus using time-manipulation). Martian Manhunter was later created in the 50's. Though no concrete evidence is around, it's my contention that the creators of MM secretly borrowed from the original Vision created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.

Sorry, I know this vastly digresses from the current topic, but I just strive to help those around me. This is a very close battle, and has been fun to watch thus far. It closes tomorrow at 5 p.m. Standard U.S. Eastern Time. Just fair warning.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 11:43 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Scoobless
i will mention that once graviton has affected the gravity he doesn't need to concentrate to keep it affected so mind manipulation wouldn't release the team, just throw him off a little untill exodus was pulped

a telepath could play with his mind making him dīnīt use his power. but on the other hand telepathy wouldnīt work on vison, damn good fight

Last edited by Loot on Jan 25th, 2005 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:29 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

fist of all, do you think that my entire team will just watch as you al fire on exodus? while they are doing that they are getting blasted by bishop, having cards thrown at them by gambit and having there faces pounded in by colossus, being shot and gutted by wild child and blade. but of course this wont happen because they will be busy fighting eachother.

and you still have no way of defeating doomsday, he could break free of gravitons hold, then your entire team is screwed. doomsday not only evolves after dieing but he evolves in a fight as wel, by the time exodus was down he would have geneticaly changed so that gravity doenst afect him int he same way then tear apart your whole team peice by peice. i didnt want to have to bring the whole "doomsday evolves against anything" arguement because i dont like it, but i did, and it cant be beaten. the only way to stop doomsday is to do it in one hard hit, and no one on your team can deliver. even if its opnly doomsday left, you have no way of stopoing him

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:26 AM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

How exactly will doomsday change his genetic makeup to be immune to gravity? Ain't gonna happen, he'd have to reduce his mass, which is impossible. He could change his density, but that wouldn't effect gravitron at all.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:40 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

dude, its a comic it doenst need to make scintific sense, he changed himslef to be risitant to darkseids omega beams, he even evolved past the point of being able to be killed. graviton would be no problem for him, and even if he cant break free scoobs has yet to say how his team will hurt doomsday

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:43 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

They don't have to hurt him, just incapacitate him.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:55 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz

and how will they do that? it says in the rules no expellation wich means u cant just contain him, they will have to fight him eventualy. and no one, exept for maybe the hulk can win against doomsday

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:59 AM