KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Widescreen vs Fullscreen: LET'S GET IT ON!

Widescreen vs Fullscreen: LET'S GET IT ON!
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Widescreen vs Fullscreen: LET'S GET IT ON!

Alright, kids! I've noticed a good bit of discussion about which format is better and why, so weigh in with your opinion. I want a clean debate, no punches below the belt, and come out swingin'!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:19 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

Widscreen has a better feel. And fullscreen is annoying because i feel like I'm losing so much of the picture.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:21 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Widescreen all the way for me, just to clear up some things, If you watch a movie that was shot in widescreen, but is converted to fullscreen you lose a total 50% of the picture, how can that be better??? just imagein watching, lets say Gladiator, Star Wars or maybe Good Bad and the ugly in fullscreen, dont tell me you would like to see that, its pure slaughter to the movie

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:42 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i dont mind which one...just as long as i see the movie on screen

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 01:22 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Films are made to be watched widescreen, to be honest, you are not a film fan if your favourite mode of watching them is full screen...

:P

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 05:58 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Widescreen all the way!

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 01:40 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Widescreen. I take comfort in knowing that half my picture isn't chopped off and zoomed in.

Has anyone seen The Matrix Reloaded in fullscreen? Oh my. Just... burly brawl? It's terrible.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:12 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Widescreen, I love it

Full screen is cheesy, It is made for old people

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:42 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
Widscreen has a better feel. And fullscreen is annoying because i feel like I'm losing so much of the picture.

if you have a big enough TV widescreen is the way to go..

we have a 42" widescreen sony HD so widescreen movies fit perfectly on it

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:25 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Widescreen all the way. Its the way the movie was intended to be viewed. If you look through a camera on a movie set its set up for widescreen, if its good enough for the director its good enough for me. I had to make do with fullscreen until i managed to convince my wife that a 42" plasma was more important than eating for 2 years.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:40 AM
koolruningz is currently offline Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Widescreen, I love it

Full screen is cheesy, It is made for old people
How do you figure that laughing out loud

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 03:53 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

quote:
Originally posted by SlipknoT
How do you figure that laughing out loud

I work in the movie section at best buy. Trust me, I know. 1) they are pissed the movie is in widescreen, 2) they are pissed off in the first place it is not on VHS.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:59 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Widescreen definitely, and we have a widescreen HD TV

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:45 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I work in the movie section at best buy. Trust me, I know. 1) they are pissed the movie is in widescreen, 2) they are pissed off in the first place it is not on VHS.
Old people laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:47 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Widescreen all the way because i have the tv to support it but some people have really small tv's ues full screen.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 01:06 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

WS all the way, even though I do own a few that are Full Screen.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 01:57 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I figured Widescreen is perfect for the elderly, since they have to squint to see the television anyway, it's a perfect fit.

What the f**k?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:13 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

old people are wierd like that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:30 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna be mad when I grow old.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:53 AM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im killing myself once I hit 60, you dont really do anything after that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 03:09 AM