KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Round #2

"One shall stand, one shall fall"
This poll is closed.
Khellendros 10 52.63%
Quick Freeze 9 47.37%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament Round #2
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Tournament Round #2

It is now time for Round #2. Close for much of the battle, seemingly overnight Scroobless' vote inflated and he defeated the noble Crazyspinz 10 to 5.

Now it is Khellendros vs. Quick Freeze

Khellendros:
- Mr. Majestic
- Dragon Man
- Black Bolt
- Jack Hawksmoor
- Jenny Sparks
- Midnighter
- Daredevil

Quick Freeze:
- Superman
- Spawn
- Hellboy
- Dark Claw
- Spider-Man
- Nightwing
- Voodoo

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 10:10 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

there's no "R" in Scoobless man............ ok when these guys start i'd like to find out who Mr. Majestic, Jack Hawksmoor, Jenny Sparks and Voodoo are ...... and a little more clarification on midnighter and Hellboy .................. and Spawn lol ............. ok, pretty much everyone

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:27 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Wow, I didn't think our turn would be up so soon. Oh well, good thing I had most of this written up already.

----
Here's what I see happening. Majestic spends his three hours prep time reviewing what everyone knows about their opponents and getting to know his teams' powers. Jenny also befriends the rather slow-witted artificial lifeform Dragon Man. Majestic knowns no one else but he can take on Superman, so he tells them he will take supes while Jenny is left to direct the rest of the forces. Since many of the opponents are unknowns, Jenny tells the team she'll take on the demon with the big hand and Dragon Man will take the guy in a mask and cape wearing chains.

As soon as the fight starts, Majestic slams full force and full speed into Superman, using the full force of his strength to draw them both up and away from the battlefield. Hawksmoor sinks into the street immediately. Since they are fighting among low buildings Dark Claw, Nightwing and Spiderman are all basically grounded.

Meanwhile, Dragon Man flies at Spawn with animalistic ferocity, and though he's class 100 and has a tougher hide than the Thing, he and Spawn still go at it for a while, trading blows and energy blasts/fire breath. At the same time, Jenny runs up to Hellboy. He starts to take a swing at her when Jenny turns to her pure energy form and electrocutes him. She isn't sure if it will work, but she knows she's harder to hurt in that form. Since Hellboy CAN be hurt by the electricity it takes to power only one large building, he spasms and goes down under enough voltage to bring down a fleet of alien ships.

Midnighter flings some shuriken at Grifter just to get his attention and runs off between the houses while Daredevil, who has been tracking Nightwing, attacks, dodging almost every punch and kick Nightwing can throw at him. Blackbolt, meanwhile, stands there calmly while Spider Man and Dark claw both run at him. Just before they reach him, Hawksmoor liquefies the street under and all around them so that both fall in to their shoulders and instantly solidifies it around them. Black Bolt leans down and whispers at them, knocking both of them out. Midnighter is waiting in the shadows for Grifter, throws more shuriken at him and disables his guns. The two fight, and although Grifter uses his TK to slam Midnighter all over, he gets tired quickly. Midnighter staggers to his feet, lunges in faster than the human eye can follow and caves in grifters skull with his staff.

So, Black Bolt is fresh. Hawksmoor is still safe underground. Midnighter is battered but walking. Jenny is tired, but draws in power from the power grid to recharge. Daredevil and Nightwing are still going at it, so Jenny takes Nightwing out with a lightning bolt. They look for Dragon Man and Majestic, but neither can be seen. Just then, Dragon Man roars in pain and falls to the ground, badly beaten and unable to move. Spawn comes down like a force of nature. He takes Daredevil and Midnighter out of the game with blasts of energy. Jenny converts to electricity just before she can get hit, and Black Bolt tells him to stop in normal speaking tone. As soon as the blast from BB's voice hits Spawn, Jenny empties the rest of the power grid's electricity into him, angry that he hurt the childlike Dragon Man.

Up above, Superman and Majestic trade super speed blows that would have demolished the buildings below by now if they had fought on the street. Unfortunately for Superman, Majestic is a cold and calculating warrior with thousands of years experience killing his enemies. Add to that the fact that his power level is closer to pre-crisis supes, and Superman goes down. Majestic flies back to check on his team, and sees Black Bolt and Jenny hitting Spawn with everything they can. Majestic joins the fight, and eventually Spawn goes down from Black Bolt's speaking voice, Majestic's sheer physical power, and Jenny's lightning combined with expending too much of his own power.

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 25th, 2005 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:37 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

BTW, Scarlet told me this would be taking place in some suburbs, hence me saying there are only low lying buildings around.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:46 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
there's no "R" in Scoobless man

Sorry about that, man. I'll rectify that in future dealings.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:46 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

one question is it alowed blackbolt screaming, i had the idea it wasn´t since he KO´de the hulk. if it is allowed, quick frezze team is in big trouble.

and i don´t know much about mr majestic can he beat superman?

spawn would beat dragon man

Jack Hawksmoor seems to much powerful, i don´t know him, but it seems he can take spider and darklaw down.

nightwing´s good, but daredevil would take him down.

good mach

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:54 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Scarlet said i had to tone blackbolt down. I assumed that meant no screaming. If you notice, I say he only whispers and speaks normally. He never once uses his full scream.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:57 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

first off......... who is "grifter"? i didn't see his name posted on the team sheet at the top secondly, could someone please address my earlier question about who half these guys are......... maybe give me a site to check out
spider-man's spidey sense would make it easy for him to avoid such a simple trap
ok, now i want the other guys scenario

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:02 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Oh well damnit, I was using an old version of QF's team. Meh, just replace Voodoo with Grifter and ignore the comment about the guns. She's a psi, right?

EDIT: ill post bios for as many characters as i can find.

Superman you better know. Majesitc is basically Superman but with pre-crisis level powers.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/h/hawkmoor.htm
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/midnghtr.htm
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/j/jsparks.htm
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/v/voodoo.htm (no daemonite form)
http://www.dcuguide.com/Who/Nightwing_Bio.php
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/terr.../BlackBolt.html
http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/spawn.htm

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 26th, 2005 at 12:13 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:05 AM
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Khellendros
Scarlet said i had to tone blackbolt down. I assumed that meant no screaming. If you notice, I say he only whispers and speaks normally. He never once uses his full scream.

Blackbolt is no able to speak, he´s not able to whisper, his voice his to much powerful, thas why he doens´t speak.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:05 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
Blackbolt is no able to speak, he´s not able to whisper, his voice his to much powerful, thas why he doens´t speak.

O_o

He is able to speak, he just has trained himself not to. All forms of his speech carry some power, the louder his voice is, the more power it carries. Read the bio I posted.

EDIT: One more bio.
http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...d/dragonman.htm

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 26th, 2005 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:15 AM
Loot

quote:

Superman you better know. Majesitc is basically Superman but with pre-crisis level powers.

pre-crisis characters are not allowed, really if that was so everybody would have thanos and odin, and galactus.
and superman pre-crisis. but i get the picture he´s superman league.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:27 AM
Loot

quote:
Oh well damnit, I was using an old version of QF's team. Meh, just replace Voodoo with Grifter and ignore the comment about the guns. She's a psi, right?

yep she´s a psy, but i think scarlet said she could be allowed in the street level without the psi powers, ame lik Blackbolt withot the creamming.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:31 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
yep she´s a psy, but i think scarlet said she could be allowed in the street level without the psi powers, ame lik Blackbolt withot the creamming.

Oh, well, maybe I'm wrong. I know they said no daemonite form, I don't remember about the psi powers though.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:34 AM
Loot

humm maybe i´m wrong about her, ask scarler, she probably can only fight as a regular street level

i found this about majestic, not mutch: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...pic=mr-majestic

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 12:39 AM
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Psylocke was disallowed on Spiderman level however I think if the character was allowed in the draft, as Voodoo was, it should be valid now.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 01:23 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I never said Psylocke wasn't allowed. Maybe there was some miscommunication, and if you want to put her on your team in place of someone else, you may Krissy.

No speaking for Black Bolt, or Whispers, because even those can destroy cities.

No psy for Voodoo or Grifter.

The battle takes place in...Portland, Maine. Big enough to be considered a "city", and thus keep Hawksmoor healthy, but small enough where it doesn't give him an unfair advantage and power up over the other fighters.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:05 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I never said Psylocke wasn't allowed. Maybe there was some miscommunication, and if you want to put her on your team in place of someone else, you may Krissy.

No speaking for Black Bolt, or Whispers, because even those can destroy cities.

Whaaat?? You said WATER DOWN his voice. His whisper barely even rocks a battleship. It would take a full blown scream to destroy a whole city.

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 26th, 2005 at 02:33 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:22 AM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

i dontn know who majestic is so i cant realy comment on him vs supes, but they seem similar,

IM AWESOME

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 02:41 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

ok ok. kell has a whole bunch of wildstorm characters, luckily i know a little about them. and mr. majestic can beat superman embarrasment , i know who he is. but anything that black bolt does will totally mess up dragon man. he's sensitive to noise if i remember correctly. and kell was right the first time, I SWITCHED VOODOO WITH GRIFTER RIGHT BEFORE DRAFTS ENDED. and i think even if grifter was alowed to use telekenisis he wouldn't use it very much, as i said in the drafts, it weekens him. and since spider-man has beaten electro and shocker on many occasions theres no reason for him not to beat sparks. i didn't know the fight would be so soon so i'll be back with more later. this is a great match.

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 03:29 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote