KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Round #2

"One shall stand, one shall fall"
This poll is closed.
Khellendros 10 52.63%
Quick Freeze 9 47.37%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tournament Round #2
Started by: ScarletSpider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Well, Black Bolts voice is called quasi-sonic. It's not really the sound that does the damage so much as it is the energy created by the speech centers of his brain. But, just in case it was successfully argued that way, I sent Dragon Man off to fight Spawn while BB only whispered to minimize the damage done. Spider Man dodging Electro is interesting, because it depends on how Jenny uses her power. If she creates a negative charge in her target, that would attract the electrons from a lightning bolt, meaning it wouldnt matter where they ran. If it's just aim and shoot, like Electro, then he would have a chance if he could move faster than she can aim. I haven't read anything that answers this question, so I guess its up to voting and debating to decide.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 03:43 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

there were some spelling errors i wanted to correct in the next post and it posted one before i realized so just ignore this

Make your own dream team here!

Last edited by Quick Freeze on Jan 26th, 2005 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 07:06 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

and i believe sparks would be busy with the opponants on her level. how would she know to attack hellboy right away. technically any of the heros can use a power on another and it might defeat them but you have to take into account that the other side is actually fighting. thats why its a team match up. hellboy is as durable as the hulk, posses healing powers like woverine, the hand of doom is as powerful as the thing (stronger than black bolt), he has an arsonal as big as the punisher's but as cool as james bond's, he has a mind like batman, and he jumps much like the hulk as well. another attribute of his is that fire makes him stronger. if necissary, spawn can basically "reboost" him every once in a while if he's not too busy with his own thing. and i change my mind about supes and majestic. they have pretty much the same powers. i dont see how one can prevail over the other. and dark claw could totally take on hawksmore. hawksmore is a great fighter with great durability, dark claw is woverine AND batman, nuff said. as for daredevil and midnighter vs nightwing and grifter, there's not muchto talk about. they all have pretty much the same abilities and its hard to prove who is better. and spawn can take out dragonman pretty quickly. dragon man is a lot like the demons spawn fights regularly

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 07:06 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

WOW. You are giving Hellboy WAY too much credit, for one thing. His hand is strong, sure, but it's not as strong as the Thing. AS durable as the Hulk?? What? He can take a beating, but he is no Hulk, sir. Mind like Batman? That's just... I almost don't want to comment on that. I love Hellboy, have read everything I could get my hands on, but he is NOT close to Bruce Wayne in the intelligence area. Jump high as the Hulk? Show me ONE TIME he has demonstrated that. He heals fast, but not like Wolverine. It just seems that way because he's really hard to hurt in the first place and even harder to kill. His arsenal consists of one large gun with lots of bullets, and a bunch of magical talismans and stuff. Fire doesn't make him stronger, it just can't hurt him.

Jenny would take Hellboy on because she knows she has the best chance of surviving a fight with an unknown in her pure energy form. And there is precedent that Hellboy can be knocked down by a lot less voltage than she can bring to bear. She'd sic Dragon Man on Spawn, knowing he's a big brawny powerhouse, also good for taking on an unknown. If you notice, I know DM can't beat Spawn, but he could keep him busy. DM is class 100, he is literally tougher than the Thing in both impact resistance and resistance to temperature. He can eat anything and turn it into fuel (except flesh, which he hasn't tried yet). And he breathes fire! I know that's not useful against Spawn, but it's just cool!

It's my opinion that Majestic is stronger, but whatever. The fact is, in battle he is cold, calculating, and does not hesitate to put down an enemy at all costs. And, he has thousands of years of battle experience. Ruthlessness will always make the difference when two fighters are evenly matched.

Dark Claw could take on Hawksmoor? Maybe. They are matched on speed, with Jack maybe getting a slight edge. Jack is stronger (10-15 tons it was decided in the drafting thread), and incredibly hard to injure (how often have you seen him even bloody in Authority?). DC would have the advantage with his healing, but they would be even on sheer ferocity. The first time DC tried to use a gadget, though, Hawksmoor would just be like screw this and phase him into the concrete.

Midnighter can move, in short bursts, faster than the human eye can follow. He can see every advatage his opponent has, and find the easiest way to take him down. He heals fast and has redundant bodily systems (like a backup heart). Daredevil was trained by the same man who trained Elektra. He can dodge bullets. 'Nuff said.

Nightwing is an exceptional acrobat, who was trained under Batman, but he isn;t as good a fighter as Batman. He carries a couple Escrima fighting sticks, which makes me think it would be cool to see him go up against DD with his billy clubs. You are right, though, they are very evenly matched. DD has a slight edge with his enhanced senses and radar sense. Man, it would be fun to get into their different fighting styles, but I won't bother right now.

Grifter was trained in the fighting art of Coda by Zealot, so we can assume he's somewhat pimp in hand-to-hand. Other than that, though, he's a human with guns and good aim. Midnighter has advantages in speed, strength and tactics.

Spawn is the only one on your team no one on mine has a clear advantage over. But, I'm sorry, I can't see him standing up to combined might of those of mine who survive fights with the rest of your team.

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 26th, 2005 at 08:19 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:16 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
Whaaat?? You said WATER DOWN his voice.

Alright, so he can whisper or hiccup, which, for this tournament, will carry the force of an level 80 blow, but with a wider area of effect.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 06:15 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

what kind of range does this 80 level blow carry over? i take it it weakens with distance....... how far is absolute safe zone for a regular human? does it only affect those in front of him or all around? will it smack his own team mates down if they're above or behind him?

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Jan 26th, 2005 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:03 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

doesn´t black bolt have problems with germs? like all the inhumans?

he is great but if the fight takes to long he goes down. even so he´s one of the most dangerous on this fight

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:56 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by Scoobless
what kind of range does this 80 level blow carry over? i take it it weakens with distance....... how far is absolute safe zone for a regular human? does it only affect those in front of him or all around? will it smack his own team mates down if they're above or behind him?

Well, in my strategy, he was fighting alongside someone who was pure electricity and someone who who is at LEASt as strong as Superman. So, even if he did accidentally catch one of them, it wouldn't do much good. I'm really not sure how far it carries over though. Anyways, his scream isn't his only weapon. He can amp himself up to level 60 strength and super speed, create forcefields and generate blasts of energy.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:22 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
doesn´t black bolt have problems with germs? like all the inhumans?

He's encountered enough of human culture to have a small immunity, and Inhumans take specialized drugs to give them an immunization to human germs and pollution.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:51 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

i know about BB's other abilities cos i looked up a bio, and i know about his scream under normal situations but i'm talking about just for the tourney, maybe the moderator can help out by defining the "watered down" scream limits as per my earlier questions..... obviously i'm asking more about the effect he'll have on the more succeptable as well as whatever impact it could have on superman

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 11:12 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Well, look back and you'll see he allowed whispering and hiccuping. Since a hiccup is about as loud as normal speaking voice, I assume this means he can use his speaking voice for very short bursts. IT carries an impact equivalent to a level 80 blow, but the energy itself is destructive. I would assume this to mean any matter that can't withstand a full strength punch from a level 80 character would be badly damaged. I don't see this doing any permanent damage to Superman, but I think most other characters on Quick Freeze's team would be in trouble. I'll let Scarlet decide how much are is effected by each whisper without comment.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:02 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

3 characters are affected per whisper. By hiccup, I meant no sustained sounds, so quick bursts. So he can whisper a few words here and there, but no full sentences or monologues. It can't surpass an 80 level punch damage, and every 100 feet it loses part of it's strength. 100 feet away it's the equivalent of 60 level, 200 is 40 level, etc.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:25 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

just because hawksmore is stronger than dark claw doesnt mean much. we're talking about the fighting skills and intellignece of batman (who btw is very very quick with his gadgets) which has defeated beings much more powerful and stronger than he (including the JLA) and the strength, ruthlessness, healing power, etc etc etc of wolverine who has come close to defeating the hulk. now he can help nightwing and grifter with dd and midnighter. as for dragon man, i know he can breath fire, but is he fire-proof? and from what i know about him he is easily distracted and could be lead to his own demise, something spawn is capable of doing to something with the intelligence of a dog

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 12:44 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

What is Spawn going to do to distract a class 100 character punching him in the face?? Don't tell me Dark Claw is more ruthless than Hawksmoor. This is a man who has torn the head off of an enemy and told a teammate he planned to beat the guy's friends to death with it. He can walk through walls without pause and can phase into the streets, letting the buildings around him act as his eyes. Dark Claw won't be helping anyone out when he's busy getting his ass handed to him by a guy who is stong as Spiderman and has no qualms tearing his arms off.

Dragon Man can resists temperatures above 1000 degrees farenheit. Spawn has no guns that can pierce DMs hide and will have to resort to using his powers. If the Thing can stand up to the Hulk's punches, then Dragon Man can stand up to any physical attack Spawn throws at him, meanwhile pounding on him with arms that can lift over 100 tons and a tail that can shatter three feet of stone wall.

In the end, though, none of that matters. The fact is, my everyman WILL beat yours. You even admitted it yourself at first and then changed your mind when you realized that meant you were basically forfeiting your match. So, even if the rest of my team is defeated, I still have Jenny Sparks who in pure energy form can't be hurt by your team, I have Majestic who is stronger and more ruthless than Superman and I have Black Bolt whose forcefields can stand up to anything your team can do to him.

Last edited by Khellendros on Jan 27th, 2005 at 01:26 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 01:20 AM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

we actually haven't specified the limitations to spawn's powers. . .

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:09 AM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote:
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
we actually haven't specified the limitations to spawn's powers. . .

Well, you specified both Spawn and Hellboy this way:

"Spawn (in earlier issues) and Hellboy (cant go crazy)"

So, one assumes earlier issues means gun-toting, power limited Spawn.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:50 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

how much of a pounding can black bolts force field take?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 06:11 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

It says it can withstand an MX rocket going at full speed. I looked up MX rockets and this is what I found:

"Peacekeeper missile also called MX, U.S. intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) that entered service in 1986.Under development from 1971, the MX (for "missile experimental") evolved into a 71-foot (22-metre) ICBM with a "bus," or fourth stage, located in its front end that carried 10 or 12 independently targetable thermonuclear warheads."

Primary function: Intercontinental ballistic missile
Length: 71 feet (21.8 meters)
Weight: 198,000 pounds (87,750 kilograms) including re-entry vehicles
Diameter: 7 feet, 8 inches (2.3 meters)
Range: Greater than 6,000 miles (5,217 nautical miles)
Speed: Approximately 15,000 miles per hour at burnout (Mach 20 at sea level)

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 10:59 PM
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
one question is it alowed blackbolt screaming, i had the idea it wasn´t since he KO´de the hulk. if it is allowed, quick frezze team is in big trouble.

and i don´t know much about mr majestic can he beat superman?

spawn would beat dragon man

Jack Hawksmoor seems to much powerful, i don´t know him, but it seems he can take spider and darklaw down.

nightwing´s good, but daredevil would take him down.

good mach

Quickfreeze all the way!!!!

Yo, nightwing don't have to worry about the dumbdevil. Blackbolt screams, Devil down. But nightwing has earplugs so... I doubt if Bolt will wanna scream.
I apologise if this has already been said. I didn't read all the posts...

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:23 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Maybe you should have before posting. You would have seen that I have three characters no one on his team can touch.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 12:29 AM