KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters

Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyone besides me notice that these forums have become ripe with the misconception that liking people who have proven themselves to be excellent equates to overrating them?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 12:26 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Anyone besides me notice that these forums have become ripe with the misconception that liking people who have proven themselves to be excellent equates to overrating them?

-AC

You are not alone. The new waves of forumers are really misinformed, and spend too much time in profiles instead of comics.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 02:51 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
Overrated: Doom, doom and doom. And mainly,doom.

you mean dr. doom is overrated? i like him. i dont read much FF, but he had a great 1 issue appearance in amazing spider-man # 50. i love it cause he seems so epic all the time, but in that issue its just a small instance of the authorities not being able to keep him from causin trouble.

did you mean dr.doom? what makes you question his worthiness?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 04:24 AM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

quote:

-AC

show us what you mean exactly. who did we call overrated that you consider worthy of praise?

what do you equate to being overrated?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 04:26 AM
anarchynerd is currently offline Click here to Send anarchynerd a Private Message Find more posts by anarchynerd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

spiderman over-rated

under rated

shadow cat

beast

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 05:26 AM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:

-AC

that is true...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 01:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just getting stupid that you get threads like Gambit Vs Doom, then when people vote for Doom so easily "He's overrated."

He's the shit and he's proven it more times than most of the people saying he hasn't, have read comics.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 03:38 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

Alpha, good point on your above post. Dr Doom has achieved (imo) his status for consistently whipping a** on the FF and anyone else he deems an enemy. Who else but Doom could steal beyonders powers! ....now that i think of it, Doom is a better thief than ol' Gambit.

Last edited by GreatMuta on Feb 9th, 2005 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 04:29 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

over-rated-Wolverine
Spider-man (a tad)
Thanos (even though he's the man)
Batman
Superman

Under-rated-Hercules
Dr Strange
Beta Ray bill
Ghost Rider
Black Bolt

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:14 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

I wonder if those people who claims that doom isnt overrated has read a comic book with Doctor Doom in it sometime. Because, if you cant realize of this, he is the bad guy, he always looses in the end.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

quote:
I wonder if those people who claims that doom isnt overrated has read a comic book with Doctor Doom in it sometime. Because, if you cant realize of this, he is the bad guy, he always looses in the end.

I think that writers are somewhat morally obligated to have good triumph over evil. What puzzles me is how Doom always consistently outwits his opponents (even if it's only in the beginning). The same could be said that the FF is overrated because Doom seems to have their # and always capture or whip up on them. In the end Doom's ego is his own worst enemy.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:45 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

ghost rider isnt under rated.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 03:42 AM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

hmmm yea he is. He isn't used as much as he could be.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 01:42 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
anarchynerd
earth cadet

garth ennis (punisher max) and painter clayton crane are putting out a six issue ghost rider mini series for the marvel knights line (mature readers) , and the first issue is set for a september release. read the article in wizard #161.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 04:34 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I wonder if those people who claims that doom isnt overrated has read a comic book with Doctor Doom in it sometime. Because, if you cant realize of this, he is the bad guy, he always looses in the end."

I have many.

All the more reason that I think he's the shit.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:09 PM
anarchynerd
earth cadet

quote:

so you mean to say that...
1. doom is a villain
2. villains always lose in the end
3. losing in the end equals overrated.

by that logic, all villains are overrated. so you are arguing that only heroes can be quality characters? if thats the case, you are missing half the content of the reading, and perhaps rather than wondering whether ive read the comics, you should actually be paying attention to the ones you read.

doom also turned up to help out in the amazing spider-man 9/11 tribute in #36.

"because even the worst of us, however scarred, are still human. still feel. still mourn the death of random innocents."

"the bad guy" indeed.

he's isnt overrated. he deserves whatever credit he gets because he is a multi-dimensional character.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 11:31 PM
Mr Parker

I think Moonknight is defenetely an under rated comicbook character.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 05:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Daredevil is underrated as well.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 06:38 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Yeah, i think that moonknight is a very underrated character too.

And about the Doom issue, please, dont post conclusions in my mouth that i haven never posted. Doctor Doom is one of my favourite characters off all time, but when i say that he is overrated in these forums is because a group of people is all the time saying that he could beat anybody and he owns all and garbage of that style. He is a great character, but he isnt unbetable at all, he always losses at the end, so the staments that he owns all are totally false and ridiculous. And not, i like the villains even more that the heroes, i think that they are more complex and better characters, this isnt a matter of villain or heroe, is a matter of people overrating a character too much. Is like batman, he is one of my favourite characters too, but he is very overrated here too. I hate that preparation time garbage.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 07:55 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by Mainstream
Daredevil is underrated as well.

yeah i agree with you as well.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 11:43 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote