KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters

Most over-rated and under-rated Marvel characters
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doom isn't viewed as unbeatable by anyone that I've ever met on these forums, Baker.

Dunno where you've been reading things.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 06:37 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
And about the Doom issue, please, dont post conclusions in my mouth that i haven never posted. Doctor Doom is one of my favourite characters off all time, but when i say that he is overrated in these forums is because a group of people is all the time saying that he could beat anybody and he owns all and garbage of that style. He is a great character, but he isnt unbetable at all, he always losses at the end, so the staments that he owns all are totally false and ridiculous. And not, i like the villains even more that the heroes, i think that they are more complex and better characters, this isnt a matter of villain or heroe, is a matter of people overrating a character too much. Is like batman, he is one of my favourite characters too, but he is very overrated here too. I hate that preparation time garbage.
Well every character has his/her fanboys...and they do tend to make flippant remarks that make little or no sense. But you'll never catch me, or any other knowledgeable Dr. Doom fan who recognizes and appreciates his accomplishments, try to put him on par with cosmic level characters. As much as I love Doom, I don't think he'd be able to stand up to Thanos, but the time and effort he would exhaust and the ingenius plan he would be sure to conjure up, would be worthy of respect. It's not like people respect him cause he has a cool outfit, gauntlet blasts, etc., it's because he regularly accomplishes goals, or tries to, that are beyond his means...and people appreciate that, whether he succeeds or not. If you somehow equate that with overrating him, then you're wrong.

Anyway...

Overrated:
Magneto
Wolverine
Captain America - just a little bit

Underrated:
Gladiator
Iron Man
Vision
Beast - cause him and his expertise are always in the shadow of Mr. Fantastic when a big crossover comes along...(ie. Infinity War...he was busy ordering pizza! mad )

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:09 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Well, there are a lot of people who has posted things that dooms owns all and doom can beat anybody, you will see it in the doom batles in the vs forum.

I repeat, i like Doctor Doom a lot, he is my favourite villain from comics and one of my favourite characters, And yeah, he is a genious and a great villain, but i think that people overrated him too much even he is a fantastic character with many and many recourses.

More overrated: batman, silver surfer, blade.

More underrated: beast, vision, scarlet witch, wonder man, hercules, namor.

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:29 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Surfer overrated? Where are you getting this stuff?

People never even speak about Surfer until recently and even then people are pointing out that he can lose.

I've personally never seen anyone say Doom can beat anybody.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Again, see the threads with doctor doom fights in it, you'll see it.

And yeah, surfer is a little overrated, he is powerful, but not that powerful as may people claims. In one hulk issue, he coudnt beat namor underwater.

And what are you talking about? almost all the characters has been discussed in the vs forum, surfer between them. And he is a little overrated there.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:46 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
Originally posted by bakerboy
Again, see the threads with doctor doom fights in it, you'll see it.

And yeah, surfer is a little overrated, he is powerful, but not that powerful as may people claims. In one hulk issue, he coudnt beat namor underwater.

And what are you talking about? almost all the characters has been discussed in the vs forum, surfer between them. And he is a little overrated there.

thats because he simply is that powerful... power cosmic and all... he's not overrated...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

under rated is venom why you say everyone takes him for a piss ant he went threw the sinister six the freeking jury 5 symbiotes and spiderman and beat superman

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:15 PM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

first of all... read the superman venom comic... it was complete bull...

venom is strong, but he's not in marvels top level...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

there we have it it again so many people under rate venom. i bet u i could post bucky vs venom and all of you people would pick bucky

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:23 PM
Ironman is currently offline Click here to Send Ironman a Private Message Find more posts by Ironman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i think your overrating venom... hes on a similar level to spiderman... maybe a bit above...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:25 PM
Ironman
Restricted

Account Restricted

well i mate be overrating him alittle but venoms a power house

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:31 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

he is powerful, but he is not on the level of thor, surfer, supes or hulk...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:33 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Baker,

I've read the Doom threads. No one has seriously entertained the idea that he's unbeatable.

Surfer is NOT overrated.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 09:44 PM
Lord S
King

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Baker,

I've read the Doom threads. No one has seriously entertained the idea that he's unbeatable.

Surfer is NOT overrated.

-AC
Yeah I agree with you...I think a lot of people are just joking around when they inflate Doom's importance...and yeah, Surfer is nowhere near overrated, either.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 11:03 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This thread is so confusing! Maybe I'm reading it wrong but it says "Marvel" and yet I see the names of Superman and Batman????? When did the man of steel and the caped crusader moved to Marvel Comics???

Anyways, the most overrated Marvel Characters are defenetly Spiderman, The Fantastic 4, Venom, and the Hulk.

most underrated Marvel Characters would be Moon Knight, Cage, Cable, Colossus, and Mysterio.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 11:13 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GreatMuta
The Natural Born Master

Of course Doom is not a realistic match for a Thanos Or Silver Surfer. In a stright on fight. However Dr Doom has proven time and time again that he can give the best of them trouble. His accomplishments speak for themselves. I am a fan of Doom's and all but i also try to be realistic (yes this is comics). You all remember the story behind the picture below

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 04:26 PM
GreatMuta is currently offline Click here to Send GreatMuta a Private Message Find more posts by GreatMuta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bakerboy

Lets see, alpha centaury, so you are seeing another diferent topics that the ones that im seeing, because in these topics, there are a lot of people saying " doom can beat anyone" and that kind of things. I dont know if is a joke or not, but there are.

About surfer issue, i think that we are a little confused in this topic, because i think that im talking about another different issue that some people, because i think that the topic is about the marvel characterswho are underrated and overrated by the people in this forum, not characters overrated and underrated generally. Tell me if im wrong.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 08:33 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

" doom can beat anyone"

You said people claim he is unbeatable. The above comment doesn't imply that.

Maurice Greene, at one point the Earth's fastest man, could beat anyone. He wasn't undefeatable though.

I don't think Surfer is overrated at all, to be honest.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 09:10 PM
bakerboy

I was refering sentences like that, not that sentence exactly.

I posted about doom and surfer at least 100 times, so i wont continue with the issue.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 10:46 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, wink

Ok.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:35 PM