KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Mouse problems...

Mouse problems...
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Mouse problems...

I've been having a few mouse problems lately.... it fails to click sometimes, and/or move. I'm having doubts that it's because it's an optical wireless mouse, since it's been fine for months, and I've put a pair of fresh Duracells in, and it doesn't seem to be anything to do with the batteries.. any ideas as to what could cause this? Any adware or spyware known for causing this?

I've run a spyware check and nothing significant that seems it would cause this.

Also: I've noticed if I click, sometimes the click is held, and it highlights entire web pages, which takes a few clicks to try and cancel. Getting annoying.

Last edited by JKozzy on Jan 26th, 2005 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 07:29 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

is everything dustclear?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 08:36 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

From what I can tell, yes. Only thing that could've had dust was the mousepad, and the laser... area.. and nothing there.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:06 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

It's probably a power problem, as I don't know of any spyware that would do this. Either that or you have a faulty mouse.

Try putting it in a different PC and see if it still causes problem.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:10 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

is the connection to the pc clear and do you have the latest drivers?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:10 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Latest drivers as far as I can tell. I'll try and hook it into a USB port, instead of the PS/2 connection, see if that makes any difference.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:26 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Alright, lovely. Now I can't start up my computer. The XP loading screen comes on and loads, and then black. The mouse moves when I put it back, but that's all I get.... uh, anything I can do to undo whatever happened? Not sure what could've caused that.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:42 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

How are you posting this? blink

Try putting it back to PS2

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:49 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

how do you do this? blink

well, put it back and see if it goes now again messed

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:50 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

On the downstairs computer.

I switched it back to PS2 and the mouse moves, but it still goes to the black screen before accounts would load up.

Safe mode doesn't seem to help, either.

I didn't switch anything or touch anything besides the mouse. I don't understand why it won't start up now.

Last edited by JKozzy on Jan 26th, 2005 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:54 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Looks like a corrupt Windows installation.

Take the downstair mouse and put it upstairs, and unplug the wireless. Does that help?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 09:58 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Nope. Same problem, already tried it. I can't understand how a corrupt windows installation can pop out of nowhere, when I just switch a mouse messed

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:00 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

It'll be the mouse drivers that have done this.

If safe mode doesn't work, then you'll need to do a full re-install.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:01 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

That's definately not what I wanted to hear. Is there any way that I can do a manual system restore?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2005 10:02 PM