KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » New Avengers Vs Jla

New Avengers Vs Jla
Started by: RobWolf27

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RobWolf27

New Avengers Vs Jla

Now the new avengers The new line up for marvel fans, is going to be cool Because I went to marvel.com and I now see that Spiderman and wolverine have join the Avengers and 3 other new ones. It will be cool if it stays that way because spiderman and wolverine are some of the elite marvel characthers. also the old avengers are there except Thor. Avengers Vs Jla

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 08:48 AM
RobWolf27 is currently offline Click here to Send RobWolf27 a Private Message Find more posts by RobWolf27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Only old Avengers on the team are Cap and Iron Man. It's Cap, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Iron Man, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Luge Cage, and the Sentry. Against the core JLA members, the Sentry is the only one that makes it a fight. Iron Man is helpful, but against the combined might of Superman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern, he won't last, along with the rest of the new Avengers. As powerful as he's suppose to be, the Sentry is the only one that would make a significant difference against the JLA. Other than that, it's pretty much a mismatch.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 04:16 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Tron is right, the actual Avengers formation if far more less powerful of those before it.
I'll never stop to think that the Busiek/Perez Avengers:

Thor
Captain America
Wonder Man
Scarlet
Iron Man
Giant Man
Wasp
Justice
Firestar
Hercules

This was one if not the best formation, the same that goes against the Exemplars, the exemplars, but i'll pull out Wasp and substitute her with someone more powerful like Quasar and pull out GM too and put in another one.
The actual Avengers formation isn't strong, they are food for worms against powerhouses like Ultron(if they let him return), Nefaria(he's a ionic being, he can come back to life), or the Exemplars, the Masters Of Evil.
Every fight against a powerhouse will end with Sentry owning him with one hand, and Spidey and all the others knocked out or unable to do something.
If you put the New Avengers against the Ultron of Ultron Unlimited saga, except for Sentry, after the fight with Ultron's troop, they dont' stand a chance in hell.
Spider-Man:
Class 10/12 what he's supposed to going to do against an adamantium being?

Iron Man
He would resist and show his own, but then would be forced to fly away and find a solution to stop Ultron

Luke Cage
He's around Class 70 strong if i'm right, his other powers, resistance to injuries that is amazing, and healing abilities would grant him to stay toe to toe with Ultron, but unable to defeat him.

Spider-Woman
Look at what i say about Spider-Man

Captain Ameirca
In UU he wasn't able to do something against the stronger replicas of Ultron, against the titanium ones yes, but not against secondary adamantium or the primary

Wolverine
Adamantium VS Adamantium?
Wolvie would just slash Ultron making him busy with his claws, Ultron sick of him will shoot a ionic energy blast knocking him unconscious.

The Sentry will arrive ripping apart Ultron and throwing him into the Sun.
How can Sentry be fun to see?He's like Superman Prime, nearly a god, too much powerful.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 04:35 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobWolf27

Why is the Jla so powerful? What Happen during the Marvel vs DC comics they were equal matched there. I mean people put down wolverine . and spider-man is one of the strongest marvel characters an d yet he is unable to take on any members of the Jla. Maybe cause Spider man is less superficial I guess?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:51 AM
RobWolf27 is currently offline Click here to Send RobWolf27 a Private Message Find more posts by RobWolf27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Huh? The Marvel vs. DC comics were just based on fan votes and popularity not facts (Lobo losing to Wolverine?!) Read up on the JLA and you'll see that the JLA is extremely powerful.

Now let us all chant death curses to Bendis for messing up the Avengers.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:54 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobWolf27

quote:
Originally posted by RobWolf27
Why is the Jla so powerful? What Happen during the Marvel vs DC comics they were equal matched there. I mean people put down wolverine . and spider-man is one of the strongest marvel characters an d yet he is unable to take on any members of the Jla. Maybe cause Spider man is less superficial I guess?

Ever one's a fan boy or girl you have to be here or else you would see this is fiction and it wouldn't be worth your time.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:56 AM
RobWolf27

Well with comic books you can make your charathers most powerful comic book characthers . So the marvel comics can change the characthers if they want and make them more powerful even as powerful as superman prime if they wanted to.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:03 AM
RobWolf27

Make Super Wolverine joking

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:06 AM
RobWolf27

You know if they make another superman type hero they should call Him Ultra or Ultra man of Course Ultra is like mega or More superior than super, Marvel can make cap Ultra American

Last edited by RobWolf27 on Jan 28th, 2005 at 03:14 AM

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:12 AM
RobWolf27

just thinking

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:12 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

?????

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

It doesn't matter who's on the Avengers, it just matters that you don't have 3 of the same power level (unless it's retardedly awesome power level) or a couple redundant characters.

Luke Cage's strength level has never been documented. Even if he is at level 70, Iron Man and Sentry are stronger and more durable than he is.

Cap, a great tactical leader and fighter, but nothing really super.

Spider-Man, I like Spidey on the Avengers. You looked mainly at his strength, when he's much more than that. He's a mid-level super guy all around. Strength, amazing agility, preconitive senses, wall crawling (good for espionage missions) and his webbing. He also has brains, and would make an interesting addition to any Avengers team (and he was previously a reservist).

Spider-Woman, a bit redundant here, sure she can fly--since Bendis follows the 60's cartoons more closely than the comics, and has electrical powers, but nothing really helpful, nor anything that makes her one of "Earths Mightiest Heroes"

Ninja dude, it's Matt Murdock. He has super senses and fights well. Nothing really outstanding here.

Wolverine: enough already.

Sentry: finally someone who's actually mighty.

Iron Man: A good level of might, plus skillz and money.

Here's what "Earths Mightiest Heroes" should look like.

Mike Patton.

But seriously: Iron Man, Sentry, Thor, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Namor, Captain Marvel, Black Bolt, Moon Dragon, Photon, Binary and Captain America (because someone has to do the cleaning around the clubhouse)

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 03:27 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Rob, Spider-Man's one of Marvel's most popular characters, not one of their strongest. You put him against JLA members like Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, or Flash, he's going down hard. I like Spidey, and he's usually portrayed as the underdog, but those are way too much for him to handle.

And yeah, Marvel CAN turn around and put their characters on the level of DC (even though they have a few like that already), but they'll never do it. And those kinds of "what if's" and "they could's" don't help too much in this forum.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:21 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

"You know if they make another superman type hero they should call Him Ultra or Ultra man of Course Ultra is like mega or More superior than super, Marvel can make cap Ultra American"

The "Superman" equivalent from the Anti-matter universe in the JLA books is named Ultraman.

That aside, I don't see enough power in the New Avengers to rival the JLA. I've never heard of Sentry, maybe he could turn it around, but I doubt it.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 05:53 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

super super powered guys:

NA only has sentry

JLA has Superman, WW, Flash, GL, and more.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:20 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Did Thor die due to ragnarok, and do you think he'll ever come back into the avengers scene when he comes back alive?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 04:01 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

I know Marvel plans on bringing back Thor, how I don't know yet. From what I read, some random kid's suppose to find his hammer or something, although I could be wrong.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 05:17 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Thor's death was a bit ambiguous, it seemed to me more like he "melded with the cosmos" or something more than just straight up died. But same affect, I suppose.

Yeah, from what I heard it's some weird story, a bunch of kids from Ohio become the new Asgardian gods.

A new/revitalized Thor probably won't join the Avengers when he comes back.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 07:51 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Yeah it was confusing.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 09:13 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, but I thought it was very good. A great swansong, and by far the best of the "Disassembled" crap floated our way. With Cap and Falcon rated second, though some had trouble getting into it, because of the dense story.

For Thor fans, check out the new Beta Ray Bill miniseries. Done by the same creative team as the last Thor run, and it's Bill, c'mon! Galactus fans will have a fun time as well.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2005 01:46 AM