KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Arkham Asylum should be closed!

Arkham Asylum should be closed!
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Arkham Asylum should be closed!

Whoever runs Arkham Asylum is always doing a lame job guarding the place! Nearly every villain that Batman has ever face always manages to escape! What's the point of throwing the Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and all the other villains in there, eventually they will escape!

I think Joker got relocated to another tougher prison, but during his time in Arkham he would always escape! Gotham city should just close the Asylum and move the prisoners to some federal prison or somewhere else.

So who thinks that Arkham should be closed? Or maybe rebuild to make it harder to escape? Whatcha all think?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 11:15 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

yeah!!!!!!!!why didn't anyone evr think of that before....
u r sssooo right!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 11:35 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

It's impossible to keep comic book villians locked up for any length of time. Writers want to use them, so they get broken out. Arkham is no different from whatever prisons other heroes' enemies wind up in.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 11:36 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well, what I was thinking of is maybe the writers should change the storylines about escapes from Arkham. I'm not saying get rid of it forever, but maybe shift a bit from the idea of villains escaping from the asylum. I love to see the villains return and fight Batman. But the same "He escape from Arkham two days ago" is getting repetitive.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 06:32 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

yeah

i mean if they were in a Federial Prision i think they have better security.

Or in the Marvil comics they have S.H.I.L.E.D headquaters which is like a ship in the sky smile

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 17th, 2004 08:40 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

That's what I was thinking!! A prison like S.H.I.E.L.D on Gotham would be cool. Arkham is cool and if writers would make Arkham seem more like a tougher prison then the breakout stories would be great.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 05:57 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Gotham does have a regular prison--Blackgate. But crazy people are not usually put into prison, are they? They're thrown into some sort of asylum (declairs the man with no background in criminal justice; but I think I'm right).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 06:50 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

arkham asylum is not a prison, it's a mental facility. for people with brain damage, mostly insanity and schizophrenia. so you can imagine how light the security is.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 09:20 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It is a mental hospital, but in the comic books and in the movies Arkham looks like a very secluded (sp?) place. True the security might be light but then again with The Joker, and the others Arkham security should be reinforce.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 01:51 AM