KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rouge vs. Hulk

Rouge vs. Hulk
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mainstream
lighting the way

I agree sbo

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 06:57 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Rogue would steal Hulk's power and he'd drop like a stone. Even if she didn't put him out completely with one touch, with her flight and speed advantage she'd K.O. him pretty quickly."

Actually laughable.

Do any of you actually know who Rogue is? Rogue is not gonna beat the Hulk.

The best she could do is drain his powers and become much stronger provided she doesn't die first. Even then, she is not gonna have the power or strength to do anything but land a few punches.

It's Rogue Vs Hulk, the very fact that this is on page 4 is rather astounding.

Jeez.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 09:51 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Rogue.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 09:55 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Actually laughable.

Do any of you actually know who Rogue is? Rogue is not gonna beat the Hulk.

The best she could do is drain his powers and become much stronger provided she doesn't die first. Even then, she is not gonna have the power or strength to do anything but land a few punches.

It's Rogue Vs Hulk, the very fact that this is on page 4 is rather astounding.

Jeez.

-AC [/B]

Let's see, how many times has Rogue tried to absorb someone and died as a result? Oh yeah... never.
So I don't see why absorbing the Hulk would kill her, especially since she has done it before and knocked him out with no problem.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 10:21 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Let's see, how many times has Rogue tried to absorb someone and died as a result? Oh yeah... never."

How many times, in a written and published (as in not fan voted) Marvel Universe story has she done it? Oh yeah...never.

People stronger than her, more durable than her, have tried. As stated. They died. Besides, ok look. So it doesn't kill her, then what? She cannot keep absorbing it, she doesn't have anywhere near imaginable capacity to do so. So she would hit a wall, that wall still is not gonna do anything against a man who takes warheads to the skull.

Rogue is dead meat.

I keep looking at the thread title, Rogue Vs Hulk. Never fails to make me laugh.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 10:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

quote:

How many times, in a written and published (as in not fan voted) Marvel Universe story has she done it?

Actually she's done it at least once. As was stated earlier in this thread, Rogue's battle against Hulk wasn't voted on by the fans, the outcome of their fight was determined by the writer.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:04 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Actually she's done it at least once. As was stated earlier in this thread, Rogue's battle against Hulk wasn't voted on by the fans, the outcome of their fight was determined by the writer."

No, the story was written by the writer. The outcome was fan voted.

At least once? Aka Contest of Champions and that's it? When it wasn't even her?

Yeah. Think first, then post.

Rogue, before we continue this, is not, never was and never will be any kind of comparable or considerable match for the Hulk, in her wildest dreams.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:06 PM
sbo

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong.
Rogue was posessed by the Brood Queen and absorbed Hulk. And not all of the fights in that story were based on fan votes.

Think first, then post. Please take your own advice.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:16 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Don't you ever get tired of being wrong."

When I am wrong, you can be the first to call me such. Until then:

"Rogue was posessed by the Brood Queen and absorbed Hulk. And not all of the fights in that story were based on fan votes."

Rogue was possessed by the Brood Queen......exactly. Brood Queen was doing it, not Rogue. I've got the actual comic SBO, you are not fooling anyone. If you read back to Draco, Vic and I discussing it (all of which own the comic), you will see that in unison, we all acknowledged that it was a fan voted out come and that Rogue was not fighting the Hulk. The Brood Queen was. Also it's not the most credible and accurate of depictions, Contest of Champions, is it? No.

I do get tired of being right though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:23 PM
sbo

I read all of the posts and the comic you're referring to and you're still wrong. Rogue wasn't in one of the battles that were voted on.

And Rogue's power was able to drain the hulk regardless if Rogue's body was being controlled by Rogue or by the brood Queen.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:37 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

the title of this thread makes me laugh too...Rogue would not last a minute with the modern Hulk.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 11:53 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

The title of the thread is funny. Who is Rouge anyway? ROGUE isn't that hard to spell.

Anyway I think Rogue could beat the HLUK .

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 12:00 AM
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

no man i think she could actually pull it off. in the xmen evolution cartoon she absorbed juggy and beat him and she did it in the original 90's one(tho that time she went totally ****ing insane) i know i know it doesnt count but at least i give her credit for being able to hold her own

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 12:39 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Euripides
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rogue wins. She already absorbed him at the end of Contest of Champions.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 12:44 AM
Euripides is currently offline Click here to Send Euripides a Private Message Find more posts by Euripides Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

This whole thread is off the back of an inaccurate, ill conceived comic book.

"And Rogue's power was able to drain the hulk regardless if Rogue's body was being controlled by Rogue or by the brood Queen."

Like I said, let her drain him. Let her smack her bare hands right onto him if she wants to. She'll take power until she dies or hits a wall.

The key element is, Hulk has more than enough strength and energy to replace the energy she took by the time she's done taken it because she'll just be strongER, smack him around, he'll get pissed and then he'll be stronger than before the fight even started. She is absolutely no match for him. Not to mention that she'd have to deal with his MP disorder. Which psychics can't even handle, let alone Rogue.

Nothing she can do, including draining the Hulk to the point of her full capacity, will do it. Like I said, it'll be like a flying version of She-Hulk. Absolutely nothing Hulk cannot handle.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 02:09 AM
sbo

Whether you think it was ill conceived or not, Rogue dropped hulk like a bad habit.

Even assuming that she didn't drain him all at once, she could weaken him enough to pull out a victory. Her flight advantage would give her a chance to make more skin to skin contact and land some good punches with her augmented strength without getting hit herself .

On top of that, Rogue can take a lot of physical punishment. She was punched out of earth's atmosphere by Binary and immediately came back for more, and then get socked a second time, but she was never knocked out. Binary is up there with hulk in the strength department.
After weakening Hulk and increasing her own already formidable durability and strength, Rogue could take him down.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:40 PM
jinzin

Rogue COULD and i stress COULD beat the Hulk but it ain't likely,,,,, I think the best example of what the fight would be like can be found in a what if comic of all things. In the WHAT IF HULK KILLED WOLVERINE issue rogue goes on an all-out assault against hulk and he just smashes her for her troubles, despite the fact that it is a what if comic I believe it was a very good and accurate account of how the fight would probably pan out. She would have to absorb a lot of energy to beat the hulk but if she tries to take it from Hulk himself he might just grab her and throw her into the ground. Rogue's best chance is to fly somewhere else like the x-mansion or something absorb a bunch of powers really fast and fly back to hulk branishing a very large and varried new arsanel of pain. But if she doesn't do that and tries to take him 1 on 1 HULK SMASHES PUNY X-MAN!

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 05:51 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

In the What If story, Rogue severely weakened Hulk and he was definitely in trouble, and this was after his strength had already been increased due to rage. In the contest of champions story, Rogue drained him immediately, but Hulk was relatively calm at the time.

Even in the What If comic, Rogue might have won if she she had fought a bit smarter. She held on with that lip lock a little too long and it cost her big time.

I don't think the outcome of this fight is a foregone conclusion.
If Rogue wants to beat Hulk one on one it's definitely possible, and I think she has a good chance of doing it, but she'd be wise to do it quickly or else she'd probably end up getting her ass stomped into the pavement.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 06:40 PM
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by sbo
In the What If story, Rogue severely weakened Hulk and he was definitely in trouble, and this was after his strength had already been increased due to rage. In the contest of champions story, Rogue drained him immediately, but Hulk was relatively calm at the time.

Even in the What If comic, Rogue might have won if she she had fought a bit smarter. She held on with that lip lock a little too long and it cost her big time.

I don't think the outcome of this fight is a foregone conclusion.
If Rogue wants to beat Hulk one on one it's definitely possible, and I think she has a good chance of doing it, but she'd be wise to do it quickly or else she'd probably end up getting her ass stomped into the pavement.

I think it's always possible that Rogue could absorb Hulk's power to render him weak and therefore defeatable, but it all depends on how much credit the writer wishes to give Rogue's power. If she doesn't have her Ms. Marvel powers, then she doesn't stand a chance (i.e. thunderclap).

Also, on the What if scenarios, if you look at the "What if Hulk had killed Wolverine," Rogue kissed Hulk to take his power, but while draining, he grabbed her and pummeled her and would have easily killed her had her teammates not interferred.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 06:47 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sbo

Yes, most characters powers are in a state of flux due to inconsistencies between writers, but in the two examples we're talking about here Rogue's powers are fairly (although probably accidentally) consistent.
Rogue could certainly drain a calm hulk more quickly than she could a fully enraged Hulk.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 07:30 PM