KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King

Why Gandalf didn't fight the Witch King
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sicky666
IA!

No, but it would be fun to see Gandalf being slayed by the Great Witch-King, I would love to see Gandalf bleed....
Hahahaha

being nothing at all; divinity in peace.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:08 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

lol....

yeah...and it would involve more WIKI love

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:08 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

Yeah, we don't see him often in the movie, all the Great ones we do not see often. I will just hope they make a movie of the samirillion and then we only can hope to see Melkor, that would be gooooood...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:11 PM
Sicky666 is currently offline Click here to Send Sicky666 a Private Message Find more posts by Sicky666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Melkor :droolio:

WIKI love

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:13 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sicky666
IA!

WHO MADE THE WITCH-KING?
SAURON! You should get on your knees for Him! Not for the Witch-King!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:16 PM
Elessea

yeh....Sauron...

Me loves WIKI love

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:22 PM
Sicky666
IA!

What would the Witch-King do with you? haha

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:32 PM
Elessea

lol...i dunno...But WIKI makes me happyish happy

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:43 PM
Sicky666
IA!

Not so happy being stabbed by a Morgul-blade...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:45 PM
Elessea

no...but Wiki is an awsome character... smile

and once again we are way off topic

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:49 PM
Sicky666
IA!

But Sauron is the Dark Lord and all creatures (human or non-human) shall kneel before Him, for He shall return...and there shall be no victory against Mordor or Him, YOU WILL ALL DIE!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 07:59 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

gandalf isnt a man, he's a wizard, and refers to men as if he wasnt one of them, because he isnt. and furthermore, gandlaf wuld whip the b*tch king's arse.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:48 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Evidently he wouldnt, thats why the Witch king took him out yes

Im Back happy

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:57 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mandos
Why would I want more?

haha you have such a simple way to say things inkeeper.
Jackstrain is BURN!!!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 09:00 PM
Mandos is currently offline Click here to Send Mandos a Private Message Find more posts by Mandos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Inkeeper
disapointing? He had a big flaming sword confused
He tells Gandalf hes going to kill him!

Gandalf didnt fight him because 'no man can kill him' and as far as i can tell, Gandafl is a man. Plus, he didnt have one of those sexy noldor swords.

well sed i dont think id fite or even attempt to fite someone with a swordlike that ....

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 08:22 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Originally posted by The Inkeeper
Evidently he wouldnt, thats why the Witch king took him out yes

Well said happy Wiki is better then gandalf..

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 08:24 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

^yup

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 08:26 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gandalfjon

Gandalf is far more powerfull them witch king

The guy that wrote that scene in the EE of ROTK was drunk, he dont know nothing about the real story of JRRT. Look, to begin with, Gandalf defeated a Balrog! A Balrog is far more powerfull them the little witch king (that was only a men before), and Gandalf defeated him when he was grey, imagine what he could do now that he is white.

About the part that said that no men could ever kill him: it is just a profecy or something like it, and tolkien like to write things like that in his books (if you guys realy understand about LOTR you should know that!). That doesent mean that Gandalf couldnt kill him even if he try to, it means that was suposed to be woman, and it was, and if a woman could kill him them Gandalf could turn him into ashes.

In the book, I belive you have read it, Gandalf and witch king just look to each other, nothing else! Or Gandalf would kill him right away, it would be far more easy then a Balrog!

In the Return of The King book, when Sauron was looking to everyone, only Gandalf was imponent beyond his eyes. (only Gandalf!)

In the first book TOLKIEN wrote that Gandalf would become like the dark lord himself if he take the ring, so, logicaly, Gandalf is powerfull enough to Defeat Sauron if he dont wear the ring, and Gandalf would certainly defeat him after he became white, because Tolkien wrote in his book ( you just have to read it) that no power on earth could hurt him, and that leads to Gandalf x witch king, the "powerfull" witch king could never, ever have hurted him like he did on the movie!

Oh and there is one more thing, Gandalf is a Maiar for Cryst Sake, there is no way the witch king is more powerful then Gandalf, he was only a man before, and Gandalf was an acient spirit, older then the earth, more powerfull them all other races (especialy dark spirits corrupted by Sauron) just the Valars where more powerfull them the maiars!

To finish this I want to say that you guys that think the witch king is more powerful than Gandalf (hehe)...go to hell and stay there forever, you are not real fans of TLOTR and dont have to put your opinions about something you have saw in a movie. Think with me guys: Wich King can defeat Gandalf, but Gandalf is a Maiar, Sauron is a Maiar as well, Hmm...
so witch king is strong enouth to destroy Sauron? Hmm... I DONT THINK SO!!!!! You guys are nutts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:23 PM
Gandalfjon is currently offline Click here to Send Gandalfjon a Private Message Find more posts by Gandalfjon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you were as big a book fan as you say you are, you will have noted that the significant blow was struck by Merry- a Hobbit, not a Man- not by Eowyn.

Only Merry was carrying a weapon that could hurt the Witch-King.

(that's not true; so was Aragorn, but the point still remains).

What the Witch-King was before is irrelevant; he is a very potent threat indeed and Tolkien clearly builds him up as one, even compared to Gandalf.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 16th, 2005 at 08:42 PM

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 08:40 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Re: Gandalf is far more powerfull them witch king

Originally posted by Gandalfjon
The guy that wrote that scene in the EE of ROTK was drunk, he dont know nothing about the real story of JRRT. Look, to begin with, Gandalf defeated a Balrog! A Balrog is far more powerfull them the little witch kingnNot true (that was only a men before), and Gandalf defeated him when he was grey, imagine what he could do now that he is white.

About the part that said that no men could ever kill him: it is just a profecy or something like it, and tolkien like to write things like that in his books (if you guys realy understand about LOTR you should know that!). That doesent mean that Gandalf couldnt kill him even if he try to, it means that was suposed to be woman, and it was, and if a woman could kill him them Gandalf could turn him into ashes. How sexist, and i disagree

In the book, I belive you have read it, Gandalf and witch king just look to each other, nothing else! Or Gandalf would kill him right away, it would be far more easy then a Balrog! Yet again not true, otherwise Gandalf would have killed him and saved alot of trouble, he knoes nobody else is gonna kill him so why not get rid of the enemy's main asset?

In the Return of The King book, when Sauron was looking to everyone, only Gandalf was imponent beyond his eyes. (only Gandalf!)

In the first book TOLKIEN wrote that Gandalf would become like the dark lord himself if he take the ring, so, logicaly, Gandalf is powerfull enough to Defeat Sauron if he dont wear the ring, and Gandalf would certainly defeat him after he became white, because Tolkien wrote in his book ( you just have to read it) that no power on earth could hurt him, and that leads to Gandalf x witch king, the "powerfull" witch king could never, ever have hurted him like he did on the movie! This is the same Gandalf who couldn't fight a pack of wolves in the hobbit? Oh yeah and if Gandalf took the ring he would become a super-fly white guy yeah, but it would **** him up big style, he cant control the ring only Sauron can. Sauron and Gandalf are pretty evenly matched in my book but i give the fight to Sauron. The withking would totally maul Gandalf also

Oh and there is one more thing, Gandalf is a Maiar for Cryst Sake, there is no way the witch king is more powerful then Gandalf, he was only a man before, and Gandalf was an acient spirit, older then the earth, more powerfull them all other races (especialy dark spirits corrupted by Sauron) just the Valars where more powerfull them the maiars! Cryst? What God do you worship? If Gandalf if stronger than dark corrupted spirits then why did he basically have to kill himself to defeat the Balrog? If he could Kill the Witchking so easilly why doesnt he confront him? Your point about Wiki, being only a man before is true, but he is much more now. Gandalf hasn't conquered kingdoms like Wiki has, Wiki deserves his reputation.

To finish this I want to say that you guys that think the witch king is more powerful than Gandalf (hehe)...go to hell and stay there forever, you are not real fans of TLOTR and dont have to put your opinions about something you have saw in a movie. Think with me guys: Wich King can defeat Gandalf, but Gandalf is a Maiar, Sauron is a Maiar as well, Hmm...
so witch king is strong enouth to destroy Sauron? Hmm... I DONT THINK SO!!!!! You guys are nutts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe so but at least i can spell 'nuts' Put it this way mate, i am a real fan of LotR and i believe the Withking would not only defeat gandalf, but just to rip off The Rock he would.....Take him to jabroni drive, to the smackdown hotel and LAYETH THE SMACKADOWN ALL OVER HIS CANDY ASS. Wiki could defeat gandalf, a maiar. Things like that can happen you know. WHat about Luthien, the lil elf lady who knocked Morgoth out? Or perhaps Fingolfin who totally gave Morgoth a good fight? Two elves can fight and nearly beat a Valar but a supremely evil, powerful and admitedly (by a powerful elf warrior himself) undefeatable being cant beat a maiar? *cough* I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!! you are nutTs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to hell and stay there wink Biatch

Im Back happy

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 09:55 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote