KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » shouldn't there be more supermen from ethnic minorities?

shouldn't there be more supermen from ethnic minorities?
Started by: dami wilson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Originally posted by crazyspinz
i think its racist, there should be more purple people, all the purple people in the world can only like gladiator and thanos and that inst enough

I DEMAND MORE PURPLE SUPERHEROES on behalf of all of the purple people in the world What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

There is also Purple Man, Daredevil villain.

But we seriously need more orange superheroes.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:11 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:

Realistically, if we on Earth knew our planet was gonna blow up, wouldn't we be trying to get people to the moon or Mars?

The problem is that they didn't know their planet was going to explode. They didn't believe Jor-El.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:13 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

oh! That sucks! Anyway, we can change the story! Hey, they're doing so with spiderman and the avengers and all kinda heroes! That's why Superman 2 was really the best movie out there till spiderman came along though the ending sucked like a water melon when he revealed himself to every Tom, Dick and Harry!

Supes had competition and needed cunning! They should have a nemesis like that for superman who's a bit dumber!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:27 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

OTHER SUPERMAN WHO COULD CREATE HAVOC ! That'd give supes more hard choices to make and we could see super battles! That's why they killed him off! No competition!
He needs somebody just as strong as him or maybe two or three. That increases the intrigue to make the story more challenging! See what I mean? Like Neo in Matrix when he was outnumbered! oR THE WARRIORS with the guy with the ring in Lord of the rings! When it seemed they'd won the battle, another more challenging obstacle came up (the huge elephants with warriors on them with arrows!) that made the viewer wonder how the heck are the warriors going to win!

But with supes, it's like 'oh we know he's going to win cus it's Supes! It takes the suspense away! Dig?

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:32 PM
dami wilson is currently offline Click here to Send dami wilson a Private Message Find more posts by dami wilson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rougeredmage

hey on that big list seemed only to be made up of black super heros forgive me if i am wrong but you seem to have forgotern sunfire, and the silver samurai, and i pretty sure i didnt see the Indian sage on that list so perhaps its not all that complete>? just comfused ramblings

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 04:24 PM
rougeredmage is currently offline Click here to Send rougeredmage a Private Message Find more posts by rougeredmage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
IT'S ALRIGHT MR 1983, I dont mean anything personal. It's all business not personal. I know it's all published in the USA by Usains but I wish they could be more inventive now as they sell in Ireland and the UK and Europe and Asia and Africa and South America. If they talk about the UN and all, they can have more diverse heros. That;s why I siad Chinesse and they dont have to live in China! I'd love to see a Super Lee comic book about Bruce Lee's grand nephew who becomes blessed with super natural powers and speed to help his kunfu skills and is being hunted by his great grandad's killers from China. He might have adamantum skelenton and loads of weapons and work for the FBI.

Maybe an Irish Punisher like dude from the former IRA who wants to spread peace by taking out hoodlums like DareDevil. So many new ideas that can make it more global! I did an MBA and was just wondering about globalization!

It's not about race! If Superman's people (maybe 4 or 6) survived somehow and were on a space journey when their planet exploded, then we could have more supermen! Come off it, if they were so advanced than us, couldn't they have had space voyages before the planet exploded?

Realistically, if we on Earth knew our planet was gonna blow up, wouldn't we be trying to get people to the moon or Mars?

speaking as an irishman who believes in a republic, the last thing we need is an IRA based hero or villain... stick out tongue

but darkcrawler is right, nobody believed jor-el until it was too late...

but to be honest i'd rather have them make new characters interesting and deep, be they white, black, asian, whatever...

and imo the one thing superman needs is new writers, there's a ton of potential but all the writers do is play it safe...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goku-vs-superma
The Comic Book King

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson
IT'S ALRIGHT MR 1983, I dont mean anything personal. It's all business not personal. I know it's all published in the USA by Usains but I wish they could be more inventive now as they sell in Ireland and the UK and Europe and Asia and Africa and South America. If they talk about the UN and all, they can have more diverse heros. That;s why I siad Chinesse and they dont have to live in China! I'd love to see a Super Lee comic book about Bruce Lee's grand nephew who becomes blessed with super natural powers and speed to help his kunfu skills and is being hunted by his great grandad's killers from China. He might have adamantum skelenton and loads of weapons and work for the FBI.

Maybe an Irish Punisher like dude from the former IRA who wants to spread peace by taking out hoodlums like DareDevil. So many new ideas that can make it more global! I did an MBA and was just wondering about globalization!

It's not about race! If Superman's people (maybe 4 or 6) survived somehow and were on a space journey when their planet exploded, then we could have more supermen! Come off it, if they were so advanced than us, couldn't they have had space voyages before the planet exploded?

they couldn't space travel was ILLEGAL!!!!!!!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:08 AM
goku-vs-superma is currently offline Click here to Send goku-vs-superma a Private Message Find more posts by goku-vs-superma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
goku-vs-superma
The Comic Book King

u really need to read your comics before u talk

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:08 AM
goku-vs-superma is currently offline Click here to Send goku-vs-superma a Private Message Find more posts by goku-vs-superma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

I stopped reading DC a long long timer ago so sorry for my ignorance! That's why I joined this chat line to learn from learned friends like yourself! Aint nothing wrong with learning! I'm all hears!

So what else is there to know?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 11:12 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

about who? pick a character...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I'm a huge marvel man myself..but I still read at least 5 to 10 DC comics a week

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 04:08 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

no offense dami, but reading ur posts SERIOUSLY hurts my head.....some of the jargon and lingo i simply can't get...

IMO, the characters that were created should stay the way they are. C'mon...American writers created their American icons so why are you so surprised they look the way they do? If for instance, they remade Journey of the West with the Monkey King being a white dude, how would you feel about that?
And before judging DC's iconic characters, shouldn't you brush up your knowledge of them first? Find out who Steel is before suggesting "Superman be black or asian or purple or....etc"--you get my point.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 10:28 AM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Superman IS from an ethnic minority

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 11:13 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

IMO, the characters that were created should stay the way they are. C'mon...American writers created their American icons so why are you so surprised they look the way they do? If for instance, they remade Journey of the West with the Monkey King being a white dude, how would you feel about that?
And before judging DC's iconic characters, shouldn't you brush up your knowledge of them first? Find out who Steel is before suggesting "Superman be black or asian or purple or....etc"--you get my point.

nah, CUS I'M BIASED LIKE MANY OF THE FOLKS THAT VISIT THIS SITE! I AM MARVEL AND MARVEL only!. Superman had no equal and nobody could beat him! Just because he was the first superhero to be commercially successful! Big deal, if they hadn't created him in the early 20th century, others would have come along! Whatever race or color or country!

Hence that stuff of him being indestructable! Anyway, how many American films are sold worldwide? Music and all? iF THEY CAN SELL STUFF WORLDWIDE and now have a President that's willing to risk American lives for the sake of DEMOCRACY, then what the heck are you saying bub? I dont have to read this new stuff cos the idealogy is still the same! You dont like my tread? Dont read it! I'm not dissing anybody just asking why! You dont learn if you dont ask!

The world's changing and so should old ancient ideas! America is full of all races and colors as seen in the US Army dude! Go check it out! I still haven't seen a WHITE FEMALE AMERICAN President yet other countries have had them in the pursuit of DEMOCRACY! Even Britain and that Islamic country PAKISTAN! Yet they talk of democracy? Till they have a White female American President (Black or White or Whatever after that) talkless of having a Chinesse or Hispanic or Black or American Indian President, there's something missing in that Democractic image! Get my drift? If you dont like my thread go put yours up and see how it's recieved to.
This is a chat line BUB! Deal with it or go somewhere private and smoke a joint to chill you down! Nothing personal! Get a life!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:28 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Comic books are one of the last safe havens for imagination and creativity that are not dominated by political correctness. Please dont take that away.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 10:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dami wilson

yeah I get you! Wish I could start my own comic book! Rebels reborn it would be called! God bless the world and not only America!

The world's a beautiful place and all races should unite cus there are aliens out there and one day, they shall invade, and then, there might not be so much fuss about race cos the ruling power wont be human!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

dude... having a woman president for the sake of pc'ness is wrong...

if they're the best for the job then fine...

being black or asian or latino does not give you a divine right to have a presidency...

and just so you know...

ireland has had two consecutive female presidents...

read x-men, mutants are the minority in that comic, and they're the heroes...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 01:15 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Originally posted by dami wilson

This is a chat line BUB! Deal with it or go somewhere private and smoke a joint to chill you down! Nothing personal! Get a life!

You seem to be the only angry person here...

Hence the capitals and the exclamation marks. wacko

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:33 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

never heard of Steel Wilson...consider yourself lucky.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:09 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

quote:
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
You seem to be the only angry person here...

Hence the capitals and the exclamation marks. wacko

lol..couldn't have put it better myself.

And Dami, you never commented on my suggestion to revamp Journey to the West and make the characters a different ethnicity. What about Robin Hood? Or any other iconic characters? We're simply talking comics here--I believe they should stay the way they were created, or if they are going to make them different, they should give them a new name. But apparently, you wanna go debate about politics in this world of comics. Wrong forum to do that.....bub. cool

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 04:41 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote