KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gambit vs. Dr. Doom

Who would win?
This poll is closed.
Doctor Doom 19 79.17%
Gambit 5 20.83%
Neither 0 0%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gambit vs. Dr. Doom
Started by: CountQuan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BenjaminJGrimm
Old Blue Eyes

Oh my Gambit VS. Dr. D?

DOOM in less than a millisecond.

Eh... did the x-man fanboy forget that Doom has taken down the likes of The Silver Surfer, The F4, The entire X-men, and even the Beyonder for some time? Come on. Gambit?

You might as well say Howard the Duck VS. Godzilla. There is just as much of a chance for the Duck in that one. As in picking Gambit VS. DOOM.

And by the way DOOM pretty much does own.

BJG

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 07:19 PM
BenjaminJGrimm is currently offline Click here to Send BenjaminJGrimm a Private Message Find more posts by BenjaminJGrimm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Well, for every Surfer and Beyonder you can name, I can name a Spider-Man, Squirrel Girl, and Wolverine/Nightcrawler that did take him out. But it's all relative, I guess. *shrug*

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 07:24 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You take everything way too literally and make everything way too relevant, Demi.

Magneto has had his share of major embarassing down times too.

The fact is Doom has taken out Surfer and Beyonder. The book should be closed at that point as regards Gambit or ANY X-Man being a match.

He didn't just attack Surfer and run off, he jacked his board. That's pimping of the highest order.

If Gambit tried taking Wolverine's bike he'd get his head kicked in.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 07:27 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BenjaminJGrimm
Old Blue Eyes

laughing -AC Your exactly right! No bike riding for Gambit anytime soon.

BJG

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 08:24 PM
BenjaminJGrimm is currently offline Click here to Send BenjaminJGrimm a Private Message Find more posts by BenjaminJGrimm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Doom is not overrated.

Overrated is what you would call someone who is loved by many, but has shown little or nothing to justify that adulation. Doom has proven his worth, and constantly overachieves every chance he gets. That alone is worth respect. Even Thanos has shown him respect...Doom is one of the only Earthlings that Thanos actually admires and keeps under constant surveillance.

Gambit would get smoked...no two ways about it.

The whole purpose for this thread is just to try to inflate the importance of the X-Men...like that's anything new.

Last edited by Lord S on Feb 8th, 2005 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 08:49 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

People need to realise that in the grand scheme the X-Men aren't all that.

Certainly not individually capable enough of fighting the likes of Hulk, Dr. Doom, Superman etc.

It's actually got to the point where it's been said Rogue could beat Superman and Hulk.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 08:56 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Exactly right AC.

This fact makes a lot of X-fans very sore...hey I'm an X-fan too, but I know where their place is and what their role is.

Rogue's name does not belong anywhere near the Hulk's or Superman's. I remember she once sucker-punched Thor in the face, and he barely budged. While he was sort of impressed, he basically laughed it off.

Last edited by Lord S on Feb 8th, 2005 at 09:04 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 09:01 PM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BenjaminJGrimm
Old Blue Eyes

-Lord S you and -AC are both correct Sir. Rogue is HOT and all, but give me a break.

Repeat- DOOM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 09:14 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Doom could use another court jester to keep him amused....
"...Bring out the Cajun Gimp!"

laughing

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 09:15 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The thing is, if they stuck to ONE team of decent and above levelled characters, the X-Men to me would be a credible Marvel unit.

However, it's been changed so many times with so many deaths, revivals and different series' and writers that it's just not working and they've just lost credibility as a team and mostly individuals.

The there's the splinter groups, X-Force, X-Statix, X-Factor, X-Lax, X-Tremely boring.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 09:16 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

x-actly........... too many friggin' x-tra mutations and power upgrades

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 09:40 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I think it's to satiate the current explosion in their popularity. When it comes to it, that's never necessary with Hulk and Spider-Man, as they are solid characters. The X-Men are just a vehicle for multiple powers. Their whole raison d'etre has been hijacked by power-ups and other cheap attempts to keep the cash cow milking.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 10:26 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He didn't just attack Surfer and run off, he jacked his board. That's pimping of the highest order.

That's true on so many levels.laughing out loud

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 12:34 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

lol. I'd actually love to see this fight. But since I know it will never happen, I'll go pick a fight with mister T to compensate.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 03:04 AM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Yes, Mr. T owns all, fool.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 03:52 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote