KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dexx
wingless

awh..don't be fouled by all the proganda and advertising around bruce lee. he was very good indeed...but it's hard to say who'se better than who. jet is chinese champion at 5 different styles....you really can;t know.

in my opinion, the ultimate form of combat (which might not even BE considered offensive action at that state, for all i know) was reached by the inventor of aikido, namely morihei ueshiba. he was a true master of the martial arts.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:51 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

akido is my favirote martial art ever.Morihie wasn't a fighter though,he was a man of peace.However,his strength and amazing feats,defy reality

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:20 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

some guy with extensive military combat training is probably the best fighter. these guys learn to fight as though their lives depend on it. I could see some russian soldier ( these people train heavily in death strikes) taking out bas rutten with a crushing blow to his wind pipe, or caving in his temple.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:41 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Bruce Lee is the best all-round fighter. He could learn a move that some expert has taken 10 years to perfect, in one go then do it again and be better than the expert. He was a genius, but died so young, and took all that knowledge with. I believe any top fighter, be it Boxing or Martial Arts, would say Bruce Lee would beat them.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:47 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
some guy with extensive military combat training is probably the best fighter. these guys learn to fight as though their lives depend on it. I could see some russian soldier ( these people train heavily in death strikes) taking out bas rutten with a crushing blow to his wind pipe, or caving in his temple.

there was a guy in the ufc that was said to have that type of background..got his ass completely handed to him..bruce was great but so was frank shamrock...noone could touch frank in his prime, i'd like to see him and bruce sqaure off

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 09:24 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Yeah.A lot of those military fighting styles where brought down realy hard.
That's why the Gracies now train some of the u.s military.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:00 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by wuTa
there was a guy in the ufc that was said to have that type of background..got his ass completely handed to him

Well, fighting for your life and fighting for sport are totally different.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:54 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

Martial Arts is a Self Defence, it was never intended to be a sport. In a real life situation, Bruce Lee would probably do a lightening strike to the throat, nothing fancy but, gets the job done. I also believe the best fighters are ones we dont really know about, not these egotistical maniacs trying to prove how good they are.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 11:01 AM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

I'm the best fighter ever....
*Then i woke up*
I would probably say
Ian Rosenberg....
He's part of Team Ryouko....

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 07:19 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

I'm the second best fighter, I come second best to everyone I fight embarrasment blink messed

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:23 AM
snehin
Darth wolf

Re: best fighter ever

Originally posted by mr.smiley
when i say best fighter i mean in all forms of combat.
boxing,grappling,traditional martial arts,etc.

i think this is a hard question to answer
but i would probably choose between bas rutten and rickson gracie but i can think of even more who i think are realy good
well in boxin sugar ray lenard,movies bruce lee,martial art and cobat shingo akio tsung!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:30 AM
snehin is currently offline Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snehin
Darth wolf

why does star sports and espn never show martial arts regularly i hav to watch a japanese channel which costs like three times more than any channel i know to watch it!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 10:43 AM
snehin is currently offline Click here to Send snehin a Private Message Find more posts by snehin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mako Victim
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ragesRemorse

Hehe... That's probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard, like wuTa said guy's with military training have gone in and got there asses slamed!

If you combine all of Bas's thai boxing and MMA fights he'd probably have somewhere around 50-60 professional fights under his belt.. And Bas fought some of the toughest people for his time

People like
Frank Shamrock
Masakatsu Funaki
Guy Mezger
Kevin Randleman
Maurice Smith
and Tsuyoshi Kohsaka

Hell, not even Rickson Gracie would fight Bas in his prime..

And those "DEATH STRIKES" you talk about are nothing but BS! I've never seem them work before in a real or MMA fight

Last edited by Mako Victim on Jun 18th, 2005 at 08:47 AM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:43 AM
Mako Victim is currently offline Click here to Send Mako Victim a Private Message Find more posts by Mako Victim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

best fighters that i have seen:

Ernesto Hoost
Mirco "Cro Cop" Filipovic
Fedor Emelianenko
Sergei Kharitonov
Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira
Rickson Gracie
Royce Gracie
Mark Hunt
Igor Vovchanchyn
Chuck Liddell
B.J. Penn

fighters with alot of potential:
Karo Parisyan
Forrest Griffin
Andrei Arlovski
and probably the youngest Emelianenko brother (not Aleksander)

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2006 01:35 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

probably the best fighters ever were the undocumented fighters that fought for war many centuries ago, not for trophies like the fighters of today.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2006 01:16 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Re: best fighter ever

Originally posted by mr.smiley
when i say best fighter i mean in all forms of combat.
boxing,grappling,traditional martial arts,etc.

i think this is a hard question to answer
but i would probably choose between bas rutten and rickson gracie but i can think of even more who i think are realy good

I don't think there is one single greatest fighter ever. There are, though definitely, a few who deserve to be the best fighters ever.

My personal fave though is Vanderlai "the axe murderer" Silva. God I wish I was 3 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier...maybe someday.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 02:19 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by @F1
I'm the second best fighter, I come second best to everyone I fight embarrasment blink messed

lol. wax on wax off young daniel-son you'll win one....now for your first test...grab this stone from my palm...ok try again...ok again..(1,000 tries later)...ok put this 2 pound weight on your wrist. now try....(1,000 tries later and you still don't get it) ok (takes that weight off your wrist) now triy..on three...two..one...*whoosh*. You got it!

In other words it takes practice in order to do anything well.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 02:28 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Bruce Lee, Wesley Snipes, Bill Goldberg, Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson.

That team will beat anybody.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 03:30 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Bruce Lee, Wesley Snipes, Bill Goldberg, Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson.

That team will beat anybody.

Gomi Takanori, David Loiseau, Antonio Nogueira(Minotauro), Ernesto Hoost, Mark Hunt

That team would win quite easily and I was trying to give the other team a fair chance when I picked this team.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 04:09 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mattomic

Originally posted by StyleTime
Gomi Takanori, David Loiseau, Antonio Nogueira(Minotauro), Ernesto Hoost, Mark Hunt

That team would win quite easily and I was trying to give the other team a fair chance when I picked this team.

Any team with Bruce Lee on it would kick anybody's ass!!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 07:15 PM
Mattomic is currently offline Click here to Send Mattomic a Private Message Find more posts by Mattomic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote