KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » is god an atheist?

is god an atheist?
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

is god an atheist?

if one god did create everything then would he be an atheist since their is no god above him

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:28 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

check the defintion of an atheist. Also, since God is all knowing it isnt about believing.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:33 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Interesting question, but isn't being an atheist saying that you don't believe in God? Then wouldn't that be saying He doesn't believe in Himself??

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 04:52 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

God cannot be an atheist as he doesn't exist.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 08:34 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OH that's right. I forgot. Let me bow down again to you master. wacko

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 03:58 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: is god an atheist?

quote:
Originally posted by mr.smiley
if one god did create everything then would he be an atheist since their is no god above him

In way this is a quite twisted interesting question. If God does exist he/she prolly does not believe there is someone more supreme than him/her. Hmmm....If I understand atheists correctly they don't believe that there isn't a supreme being. Hmmm.....maybe God can be an atheist after all. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:16 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

Atheism is a disbelief in God.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:31 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Atheism is a disbelief in God."

No, it's saying there is no god - you are once again illogical - one can only disbelieve in something when you accept it's existence, but do not follow it.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 06:55 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
"Atheism is a disbelief in God."

No, it's saying there is no god - you are once again illogical - one can only disbelieve in something when you accept it's existence, but do not follow it.

Ahhh...Now I understand your gripe with clicky...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 07:49 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:

Two things here. For one, the definition of atheism came straight from the dictionary.

Two, you dont really understand exactly what disbelief is. You dont have to accept anything's existence to be in disbelief. Just there mere rejection of a belief.

Clearly not only are you wrong but you are full of it.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:20 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dictionary from which you took the definition could've been compiled by a biased person(s). Definitions of words are completely subjective anyway - INTERPRETATION! Also, compilators of dictionaries are not philosophers, so they don't always think about the entire ontology of a word when they define it.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:10 PM
clickclick

Oh please. You claim that the definition of a word is completely subjective in an attempt to excuse your behavior. However had you truly believed such a thing, you would have no excuse for how you responed to me when I defined atheism.

Added to which, your interpretation doesnt make you right. The fact remains that there is a defition for the word disbelief of which, you failed to completely understand.

This is just another example of why I dont like responding to you and why I try to avoid getting in depth in subjects with you. It is a hassle and it most certainly wont be worth the time or energy.

Last edited by clickclick on Feb 10th, 2005 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:34 PM
dizzyblondegirl
Blonde BUT not Dumb!!!!

well you crtainly proved your point and i have to agree with you clickclick big grin

hello to everyone at KMC

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 02:53 PM
dizzyblondegirl is currently offline Click here to Send dizzyblondegirl a Private Message Find more posts by dizzyblondegirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
The dictionary from which you took the definition could've been compiled by a biased person(s). Definitions of words are completely subjective anyway - INTERPRETATION! Also, compilators of dictionaries are not philosophers, so they don't always think about the entire ontology of a word when they define it.

We just love that word subjective don't we. laughing

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 02:49 AM
mr.smiley

lets assume their is a God (for all you people who don't belive in one)
and he created everything.
could it be possible he feels the way we do but at a higher scale?
Imagine if you were the most powerful being in the entire universe,wouldn't you question if their were a being greater than you?

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 02:51 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

God did say their are no other gods before me i think.
so even if their was another god he probably wouldn't belive it.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 02:54 AM
eleveninches
God of my own world

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 11:46 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fine, clickclick, dizzyblondegirl and debiejo, all you narrow minded creationists...keep believing the limited and narrow definitions of words in dictionaries of which the meaning was not at all clear to who ever compiled it. ASK A DICTIONARY FOR THE PLAIN DEFINITION OF A WORD, BUT ASK THE PHILOSOPHER FOR THE REAL MEANING OF A WORD.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 12:05 PM
dizzyblondegirl
Blonde BUT not Dumb!!!!

fine then give us answer

hello to everyone at KMC

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 12:43 PM
dizzyblondegirl is currently offline Click here to Send dizzyblondegirl a Private Message Find more posts by dizzyblondegirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

OH look at the time, It's Thurs., Philo. and I haven't bowed down to you yet today. Sorry Master. one eye

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:56 PM