KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Depression?

Depression?
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Agent Phillips
~Procrastinator~

Apparently a lot of my friends have suffered from depression, and a lot of them have gone through cutting phases. I didn't notice it happening at the time though because none of them ever tell me anything, I'm always out of the loop

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:10 PM
Agent Phillips is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Phillips a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Phillips Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepPink

quote:
Originally posted by Filth
I'm lucky i never got that depresed nearly did tho

Aw. its schools fault, if school wasnt so boring, peopl prolly wouldnt feel so unhappy. My friend thought she was stuck at school, and all her life wa worth was the schoolwork. Now i think she wants to join the army or somethin

You do what you love, and f*ck the rest.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:11 PM
DeepPink is currently offline Click here to Send DeepPink a Private Message Find more posts by DeepPink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
most people have not
are they any good? Who do they sound like?

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:15 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly what Wind said.

The last thing you want when deeply depressed is people around. I was in a severe downward spiral as a result of relationship problems but while the hurt may never go, the depression does. Just gotta try your best to suck it up and get on with things.

Depression is not a gimmick and by treating it as one you're disrespecting all those who has had it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:17 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

quote:
Originally posted by *Danii*
Aw. its schools fault, if school wasnt so boring, peopl prolly wouldnt feel so unhappy. My friend thought she was stuck at school, and all her life wa worth was the schoolwork. Now i think she wants to join the army or somethin

school does not help with depretion, everyday going to the same place doing the same things gets repetetive, i have a friend who is currently on anti-depresents which is weird becasue he always seemed happy

Dead on the inside and dieing on the outside...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:17 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepPink

quote:
school does not help with depretion, everyday going to the same place doing the same things gets repetetive, i have a friend who is currently on anti-depresents which is weird becasue he always seemed happy

Thats the weird thing, you always expect them to be really down all the time, but this girl in our class was always really. . . upbeat i guess. She didnt have many friends and i think that was part of the problem

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:19 PM
DeepPink is currently offline Click here to Send DeepPink a Private Message Find more posts by DeepPink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
It's not a mental illness. It's just attention-deprived teenagers who like to listen to Simple Plan and Good Charlotte.

You're a moron.

Depression is a psychological disorder that is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain, which occurs when a neurotransmitter (can't remember which one) isn't produced properly.

I'm a psych major AND have been diagnosed with depression, so I know what it is. Most people (teenagers) who say they're depressed are just mad/upset over silly little things. REAL depression is serious and very terrible to have to deal with day in and day out, and bouts of depression can be brought on by stress, bad things happening, or positively nothing at all.

Also, many people who actually suffer from depression act like they're fine to try and hide it. People who have real depression do not (for the most part) go around saying "Oh woe is me the world hates me I'm so depressed I think I'll just go and die now!"

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:27 PM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

quote:
Thats the weird thing, you always expect them to be really down all the time, but this girl in our class was always really. . . upbeat i guess. She didnt have many friends and i think that was part of the problem

That was whet happend to me when i was in school depretion realy hit me bad i ust to sit in the corner of the room and not talk to anyone its realy horribal, most people joke about it but its not nice

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:21 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

actually all types of ppl suffer from depression and its the ones that actually say they are and need help that are the ones which are classified as attention seekers.

there are many different types of depression.

and in some cases its genetic or cant be treated.

I suffer clinical and seasonal depression. meaning I generally suffer but at certain times of the year its worse.
I've been on medication twice and stopped taking it both times cuz it made me feel so crappy. I had the halucinations, the dreams, the hearing and seeing things that arnt there, the insomnia, the hypersomnia, really bad degenerative phases, the headaches that wont go away the cutting the crying the screaming,the sex dependance, the rage outbursts, the silence and the pills, blades and water laid out infront of me the only thing that stopped my was the thought of how seflish I was being.

theres now way you can describe the feelings and thoguhts you have when you get to that point or what got you there all you know is that you want it all to stop, you want peace such a sincere craving for peace that it doesnt matter how you get so long as you do. its such a lonely place to be and I'm greatful for the way I've felt the last few weeks I'm just dreding when it makes its ugly return and turns me into the person I hate being.
but when it returns I know I have my friends and my family and that all I have to do is wait it out.
just means avoiding certain things.

and I get the feling that I shouldnt have told any of you that.

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:25 PM
Lara is currently offline Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepPink

quote:
That was whet happend to me when i was in school depretion realy hit me bad i ust to sit in the corner of the room and not talk to anyone its realy horribal, most people joke about it but its not nice

sad It alsways seems that bad things always happen to nice people. Although that girl in my class who got depression wasnt very nice, she called the police on my best friend confused I think she was a biit of an attention seeker.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:30 PM
Peach
mordrem

See, that's just the thing. The average person has NO idea what it's like to actually suffer depression. Which is why it's always laughed off as being not that big a deal.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeepPink

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
See, that's just the thing. The average person has NO idea what it's like to actually suffer depression. Which is why it's always laughed off as being not that big a deal.

I really have no idea what it would be like ot be clinically depressed sad I do have one question tho, do people who arent depressed cut themselves? confused

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:35 PM
Filth

quote:
sad It alsways seems that bad things always happen to nice people. Although that girl in my class who got depression wasnt very nice, she called the police on my best friend confused I think she was a biit of an attention seeker.

yer i hate attention seekers.

Depretion is very hard to describe its like yor always alone nomatter where you are or who you are with, nothing seems to chear you up, when depretion got me i started smoking and drinking it seemed to kill the depretion, your always in pain not pysicaly but mentaly, most people start cutting them selves thats the worst bit of it all, thats about as bad as it got with me but still feels like i have been to hell and back.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:35 PM
DeepPink

sad thats awful

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:36 PM
Filth

yer thankful its not so bad now tho sometime i still feel alone

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:40 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

MY twin sister was in a deep depression and would had killed herself if I did not save her in time.She spent some mouths in a hospital and she is better now.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:41 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
MY twin sister was in a deep depression and would had killed herself if I did not save her in time.She spent some mouths in a hospital and she is better now.JM

glad to hear it, depretion is horribal for you and everyone around you

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:43 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

quote:
glad to hear it, depretion is horribal for you and everyone around you

Yea it is.My twin sister was mad at me for sending her to the hospital but she is ok now,JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:46 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

when people are depressed they want to be alone but thats not the best thing they genraly hurt them selves as pain stops them from thinking about what is depressing them

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:47 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Yea I argee.It is better to be with people and be alone while being depress.The only thing that worrys me through is that some depression meds is known to get kids to kill themselves.JM

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 11:51 PM