KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » FF vs. These four X-men redux

FF vs. These four X-men redux
Started by: demigawd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

I'm not making it about you. You take it as if it is. You don't want it to seem like its about you? Then don't make yourself think your that important.

Yeah, twice is nice, but three times is just right.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:15 AM
laydiiplayette is currently offline Click here to Send laydiiplayette a Private Message Find more posts by laydiiplayette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't see how it's accurate being that it is factually just a fantasy match series.

No more or less so than Secret Wars or COC1. It was a title that was primarily designed to see who would win certain dream matches. I found the results to be largely accurate. I always believed that Storm could beat Human Torch. She did. I always believed that Storm would get owned by Thor. She was. I always believed that Black Panther vs. Cap would be incredibly close. It was. (I had my money on BP, though). I don't recall there being any results that I found outrageously questionable. By "outrageously questionable", I mean, "Spider-Man beats Thor". If Torch had beaten Storm instead, I would have disagreed, but I wouldn't have found that "outrageously questionable".

quote:

Regardless of mismatches. It's basically making people who aren't equal, equal, for the purpose of Claremont wanting to see them fight. If you can refer to that knowing how it is, then that's an extremely questionable outlook.

I don't remember the series all that well, but what fights didn't sit well with you? (I won't attempt to rebutt anything after this, since it'll take us way off topic).

quote:

Yes I am accusing you of Claremont bias because you clearly are. Am I wrong? All of his Magneto pushes are just coincidence?

Well, I love Magneto, and Claremont is the definitive Magneto writer, but I never loved Claremont *specifically* because he writes Magneto as a powerhouse. In fact, Magneto was constantly getting punked while he was an X-man. I still liked the stories.

And I love Magneto not so much because of how he's written. I love him because he's a character based firmly in scientific principles. It makes debating about him fun to me. I often support Graviton in his fights for similar reasons.

quote:

That not withstanding. I never demeaned Storm's power PR, she's powerful. Very. However it is essentially just the weather. The elements are gonna be inaffective against some of the F4.

Storm's power would be ineffective against Sue. But I don't see how it would be ineffective against anybody else.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:16 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

well, if it rained, you could see where's sue's force fields and stuff are.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:17 AM
laydiiplayette is currently offline Click here to Send laydiiplayette a Private Message Find more posts by laydiiplayette Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I'm goin by my own knowlege of storm and the humantorch. I like both of these characters but I think that there's no way that torch will win. Do you even know what destruction can cause? I'm not saying what they wll or will not do. I was restating what happened in the comic. ALso I give my opinion about the fights . I'm not the one who decides who wins and who doesn't. You can either agree with my statements or disagree.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:17 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I never make a post like Demi just did, claiming how a fight will go in detail. Why? Coz I don't know how it'll go. Hasn't happened.

How'd I get dragged into this???

What's wrong with scripting a fight? I'm not saying, "It'll definitely go like this". I'm just saying, "This is what I think would happen....". Any writer could write any fight to go any way he wants. Naturally.

Last edited by demigawd on Feb 10th, 2005 at 01:22 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:18 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

I think to envisage a winner you obviously have to imagine how it'll play out on some level. I think splitting it into four distinct fights is pushing it though.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:20 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I'm not making it about you. You take it as if it is. You don't want it to seem like its about you? Then don't make yourself think your that important."

I don't think I'm important. You are the one hunting me down in every thread, bringing that around. Stop it. Are you posting about the thread? No. Posting about me? Yes.

Demi: Secret Wars was a good and evil fantasy battle. The characters were not all equal in power. Contest of Champions is Claremont making everyone like that just so he'd see who'd win.

"I don't remember the series all that well, but what fights didn't sit well with you? (I won't attempt to rebutt anything after this, since it'll take us way off topic)."

Every fight involved in it didn't sit well with me because of the reason it was created. Claremont abused his position to create something for himself.

"Well, I love Magneto, and Claremont is the definitive Magneto writer, but I never loved Claremont *specifically* because he writes Magneto as a powerhouse. In fact, Magneto was constantly getting punked while he was an X-man. I still liked the stories."

Yes but if we look at the grand scheme, everything Claremont has done is either

A) Total crap.

or B) Became total crap.

Like I said. With respect to all the decent posters in this forum, I don't like nor agree with why Contest of Champions was created. I believe it was self serving and ego driven.

So out of respect to the posters and the thread, as stated before, I would rather not comment on a thread that I don't personally agree with if all I'm gonna get is Contest of Champions. If that's what this debate is based around, fine by me if you wanna do that. I won't ruin a thread by telling you what I already have.

I think that's respectful.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:22 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

To each is own, I suppose. But I'm a man of my word, I won't debate the COC thing any further. I'd like to hear the positions of other posters on how this battle would go. VV Doom makes a good point when he says that we're perhaps focusing too much on individual matchups.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:25 AM
stormfront13

I don't get the big deal with AC saying that scrpting the fight is wrong. When I say what will happen I say it out of my opinion. I'm not saying that it will actually happen.

stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

See, your doing it again, making it about yourself. Its not. Its not like you only post on a select few. You post on most of them. Some of them that I am interested in. Anyways, I don't want to post about it because I know your just gonna reply and something in your post is gonna piss me off, so I'd rather just defend others that are arguing for who I think is going to win.

stormfront13

Who are you talkin about laydiiplayette?-me?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:32 AM
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

no.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:34 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I don't get the big deal with AC saying that scrpting the fight is wrong. When I say what will happen I say it out of my opinion. I'm not saying that it will actually happen."

It's not wrong, it's just silly. I don't think it's fun at all or any kind of way to debate.

"See, your doing it again, making it about yourself. Its not. Its not like you only post on a select few. You post on most of them. Some of them that I am interested in. Anyways, I don't want to post about it because I know your just gonna reply and something in your post is gonna piss me off, so I'd rather just defend others that are arguing for who I think is going to win."

Stop addressing me outside of the thread topic. Stop. Simple request. How about defend yourself as to why you think someone will win? Why just agree with someone else? Your choice though.

The reference of choice seems to be Contest of Champions and if that be your choice, fine. I don't see how or why you'd want to have that as back up considering why it was created so replying with that to me isn't much good to you. Coz I'm always gonna view it as one man's abuse of position, which it was.

So like I SAID before I was replied to AGAIN by Lady, out of respect to those who still wanna use the thread, I'm not gonna post in it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:34 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Euripides
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good Lord. Your holier than thou attitude is getting highly annoying.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:35 AM
Euripides is currently offline Click here to Send Euripides a Private Message Find more posts by Euripides Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

ok.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:36 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holier than thou? Did I not just say that I'd respect others choices to base the thread on that and leave out of respect for the forum and the posters who choose to use it?

Yes. So zip it.

I have my views and once I've said them once or twice, I see no reason to ruin threads.

Anyone wants to say anything to me now can take it to PM.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:38 AM
Euripides
Restricted

Account Restricted

Blah Blah Blah. Please. Your words are lost on me. You claim to respect other people. You don't. I've read your posts. You insult people behind their back.

And get of your pedestal. You preaching to the choir.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:40 AM
Euripides is currently offline Click here to Send Euripides a Private Message Find more posts by Euripides Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

I think scripting battles is a fun way of playing the writer. I mean, what's the point of having a vs. board if you're limited to saying, "Hulk is stronger, therefore he wins". Be creative! Let loose a little bit! You don't like Claremont, BECOME the writer in the thread and do it your way instead! I find the most entertaining posts are the ones where someone puts some effort into their answers. But I guess it's just a matter of personal taste.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:40 AM
Euripides
Restricted

Account Restricted

See Alpha? ALOT of people dislike you.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:41 AM
laydiiplayette
Tokyo Harajuku Girl

lol, you sound like my 9th grade World Lit. teacher. He was cool.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 01:42 AM