KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » FF vs. These four X-men redux

FF vs. These four X-men redux
Started by: demigawd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Being worked on as we speak.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 03:15 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

k

IM AWESOME

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 03:20 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

this thread is almost dead man, let me attempt to revive it. IMO it still would boil down to jean vs Sue. they are easily the two heaviest hitters here. however, since Reed would come in with all sorts of brain smarts jean could read his mind and figure out thier game plan b4 hand. but i refuse to beleive this group of x men can still win.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 06:47 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I still thik that the x-men have numerous ways ou taking the ff4

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:02 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

wow....... i just read all the posts thus far........ lol........ sorry i missed out on it all

anyway, sue's forcefield blocks jeans telepathy as well as storm's and colossus's attacks (don't know about iceman) she could encase jean inside a field to block her off of all FF members (and suffocate her) while creating another shield around herself reed and ben to let johnny fire off some major heat and finish it

or, she could turn ben invisible and let him take out colossus, jean - forcefield again, torch melt iceman, reed could wrap around storm

the FF's teamwork is far superior to the x-men's which is why they would win this

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 12:32 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Since when did Sue's forcefield block telepathy? Getting confirmation on whether she's done that before would be critical in viewing how this fight would go.

The way I see it, Jean takes point and psi-blasts the entire FF4 team before the X-men even arrive on the battlefield. Everybody goes down. Even if Sue does manage to survive that, she can't take the X-men by herself.

As far as I'm concerned, the psi-factor makes this pretty one-sided in favor of X-men.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 12:44 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

which explains my strategy of using the forcefield to block it, i'll try to dig up where that is referenced from for you

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 12:49 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

looks like i picked it up from the other FF X Men thread

"radioboy121

Although I hate to say it, but that bubble field is notoriously strong that Invisible Woman uses and has proven to negate Jean's influence both telepathic and telekinetic (i.e. shown when Avengers and FF found her in the incubator and when she went offensive, none of the members, except Invisible Woman could stop her)."

this is where i first heard it, but no-one argued over it there so i assumed they had known about it as well

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 01:39 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

I don't remember Jean telepathically assaulting anyone in that story. It was a psionic blast that put down a bunch of Avengers, etc. But it was entirely telekinetic IIRC.

I'd be shocked to hear of a story where Sue was able to deflect telepathy with her shields.

If anyone else here who read the story more recently can clarify this, or knows of some other instance where Sue blocked telepathy with her field, that would be great.

As it stands, however, the FF wins or loses based on this one factor. And no, they don't get prep time to build psionic deflectors unless the X-men get prep time to ask Forge to build them a cosmic energy absorption module...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 01:48 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

ok, untill i get confirmation (which may never come) on the force field v's telepathy thing, i'll leave it

HOWEVER, i have never read an x-men story where jean goes into a fight against anyone and immediately starts trying to shut down minds.... so i don't believe it's in her character to do this until she is desperate, which would be too late in this case

mr F already has psionic deflectors (or dampeners or blockers or whatever he calls them) but wont have them at the ready, so no go
there

based on their usual tactics i would go with the FF (like you hadn't guessed) purely due to their cohesiveness as a team

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:47 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Jean simultaneously attacked Magneto telepathically and telekinetically.

Jean attacked Apocalypse telepathically while Scott attacked him physically

Jean tried to attack Onslaught's mind when they first thought

Jean mind-blasted an entire group of Magistrates

Jean mind-blasted Colossus during danger room sparring

Jean telepathically attacked the Hulk when he invaded the mansion

I'd say Jean does telepathic attacks *at least* as often as she does telekinetic attacks now.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 03:36 AM
stormfront13

yeah, she does. wether or not jeans telepathy affects sues forcefields is not that impoetant to me. Can't iceman just freeze her blood?? If she's out then the x-men will win. In my opinion sue is the deciding factor, if shes taken out quick then the x-men win, but if she's hard to take down then the x-men might lose.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 03:41 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

torch could waste everybody all at once and claim victory for his team...... even though he may be the only one left alive

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 04:00 AM