KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.

people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

My post made people angry....devil

moviejunkie> MEh, I give Christians the respect they deserve - when they give it out.
An example:
I know some Christians, who happen to be friends of mine, who follow the Holy Bible, (King James Version, I believe), mostly skimmingly. Yet they are the most "Christian" Christians I know!
What I mean by this is, they seem to me to be the perfect epiphany of what Christianity should be: They completely and utterly accept other people, no matter what their religion or beliefs into their hearts.
I think I'm not getting my point across here, (I'm not good a explaining myself when talking about Religion). Oh well.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:17 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

no arc, we agree with eachother more than you think. You have a healthy respect for a christian that is loving of others correct?? Well they are merley following what jesus laid out for them. Christians are taught by jesus from scripture to be like that, not to be throwing stones at everyone and anybody. You can have your own ideas of right and wrong and not be hatefull and judging.
I respect you allot for saying that, you can see the dif between someone who is using his religeon as an excuse to be hatefull to others and someone that is actually following a path of peace love and respect.
What bothers me is when people lump all christians into one group. I have seen it so many times in these threads i can't even count how many times. For instance hoo said that he has a healthy hatred for christians is genral , implying he hates all of them. So your friends that are christians are hated by hoo just by assosiation of being a christian.
that is wrong and dangerous and if that sort of thought gets strong enough and reaches enough people something terrible may happen in the future to peacefull loving christians. Look at nazi germeny. They were under the thought all jews were evil. This sort of attitude that all of one type of person should be hated (healthy hatred if your hoo) resulted in thousands and thousands of innocent people being buthered.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:29 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Wow....I actually agree with that post, (or most of it)! eek!

Oh no, I'm growing soft-hearted! laughing

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:40 AM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

its ok i suppose if we agree......sssooommmtttiiimmmeeessss

but just don't make a habit out of it ok arc wink

jk laughing

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:42 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

stick out tongue
*Adds moviekunkie23 to "People I Sometimes Don't Mind..." list* stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 02:45 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Although I do find some of your posts both entertaining or insightful, I have to admit that the use of your word Xian for Christian is annoying. It is not a real word (except when used in context of the city of Xian) nor is it a recognised substitute for Christian (as Xmas is for Christmas). I don't know if you created this word and are now trying to make it hip or fashionable, but whatever your reason, it is not working.

It is not for a love of Christianity that this bothers me, it's just out of respect for basic communication and language skills.

Xian - A city of central China southwest of Beijing. The capital (221-206 B.C.) of the Qin dynasty, it is a major commercial center and the capital of Shaanxi province. Population: 2,872,539.

I really don't care what you think about the word. It's easily understood and if you don't like it, don't use it. Prescriptivism is never a honorable trait. Language changes over time, so move with the flow and don't try to plug a dam with a sponge.

To back this up, I've got my good friend, Chaucer here to offer us this: "In forme of speeche is chaunge."

As for the relativity of 'Xian' as a city, it is a rather moot point. You are translating a Chinese word using the English alphabet. There are many different systems of doing this such as Wade-Gilles, who would refer to the same city as 'Hsian'.

Now back to the topic...

Xians have always been the most fervant imperialists not restricted to the alligence of a single country - although the US is currently baring the flag.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 05:25 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
Someone that forgives those that trespass' against them, someone that trys to help the needy, someone that does not condone violence and someone that trys to make the world a better place as christ taught. You have a "healthy" hatred for them ou?
by the way what nationality are you?
because anyone here who is germen i have news for you. Germen Nazis burned people in ovens. Now should we judge a germen man today for the crimes committed by germens in the past? Should you have a healthy hatred for germens??
Anyone here American? because i will tell you one thing if you are you personaly ( according to Low Hoo) are responsible for slavery. I think everyone should have a healthy hatred for americans as well don't you Low hoo?
Hey guys lets not forget to include anyone who has middle eastern decent ok? You should according to Low hoo have a great hatred for them because there have been middle eastern people that have killed women, for if they wish ,no reason and it is lawfull. How many people have been killed by terroeists?? yea i think you should hate them too don't you Low hoo?
So lets see so far you should have a healthy hatred towards americans germens anyone with middle eastern decent and christians. I am sure we can all hate the whole world if we try hard enough guys.
I wonder if its possible there are good americans? Maybe good germens???? maybe good middle easterners? now wait Low hoo, wrap your brain around this one, is it possible christians have done good things inn the world and there are many that are good people????

'German,' 'American,' and 'Middle-easterner' are nationalities.

'Nazi,' 'slave trader,' and 'terrorist' are ideological groups.

Guess which category 'Christian' belongs to?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 08:42 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
'German,' 'American,' and 'Middle-easterner' are nationalities.

'Nazi,' 'slave trader,' and 'terrorist' are ideological groups.

Guess which category 'Christian' belongs to?

Youre picking, (your nose?) just kidding

youre picking, they are still groups.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 04:33 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

as for your comment debb is correct in saying they are all Germens,Americans,Middle-easterners, islamics, jews, christians, africans, asians, ect ect ect ect, and all of these people have bad seeds but you can't lump them all into one group of saying they are ALL evil unless you want to sound like Hitler refering to jews. According to the Nazis it was the jews that were the source of everyones misery, according to hoo it seems like it must be christians. Pick your own specific group it all boils down to Hitler style hatred.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 07:40 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

smart

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 11:10 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by debbiejo
Youre picking, (your nose?) just kidding

youre picking, they are still groups.

One does not choose his nationality, e.g. German, American, Middle-eastern.

One does choose to be a part of a member of an ideological group, e.g. Nazi, slave trader, terrorist.

Entire nationalities are not inherently bad but entire ideological groups certaily can be.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 01:02 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I don't criticize other beliefs, even if they don't believe as I do. Many of my friends believe differently then me. I just tell them what I think and they tell me what they think.

There are groups and subgroups, all kinds of groups. You can't lump any group together and call them all good or all bad.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 01:20 AM
Adam_PoE

quote:
I don't criticize other beliefs, even if they don't believe as I do. Many of my friends believe differently then me. I just tell them what I think and they tell me what they think.

There are groups and subgroups, all kinds of groups. You can't lump any group together and call them all good or all bad.

I can safely lump Nazis, slave traders, and terrorists together as all bad.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 01:42 AM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
You can blame people like that woman who was on "Wife Swap" last night for the type of negative publicity Christians often get.

It's the way the media displays Christians. Often negatively.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 10:50 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by Smodden
It's the way the media displays Christians. Often negatively.

The media would not be able to portray Christians negatively if they only did positive things.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 04:50 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Not true...The media portrays gays as all good, when some are doing negative things, Huh?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 12:08 AM
moviejunkie23

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The media would not be able to portray Christians negatively if they only did positive things.

great expectation, everyone within a group to be perfect and never do anything wrong, are we forgeting christians are human

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 12:12 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

Brain washing.....say something often enough and people will believe it.
Adam. You can't group everyone together. What group(s) do you belong to?
Should I criticize it? Should I lump you into one?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 12:46 AM
moviejunkie23

yes poe for the sake of discussion please state your race, religeon and political orientation. Lets see if your ethnicity beliefs and politics are blameless.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 12:49 AM
Adam_PoE

quote:
Not true...The media portrays gays as all good, when some are doing negative things, Huh?

In actuality, homosexuals are often demonized in the media, particularly by talk radio. But, by all means, please list all the negative things gays do that go unreported by the media.

quote:
great expectation, everyone within a group to be perfect and never do anything wrong, are we forgeting christians are human

I never stated that Christians must never make mistakes. What I did state is that one cannot be made out to be bad if he is not bad, or if you prefer, one cannot be made out to be bad if he only does good works.

quote:
yes poe for the sake of discussion please state your race, religeon and political orientation. Lets see if your ethnicity beliefs and politics are blameless.

It should be fairly obvious that my race is human, and considering that an entire ethnicity or nationality cannot be inherently bad, that information is irrelevant. My religion is Buddhist and my political party is Libertarian. Good luck with you witch hunt.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 01:06 AM