KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.

people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
moviejunkie23

"I never stated that Christians must never make mistakes. What I did state is that one cannot be made out to be bad if he is not bad, or if you prefer, one cannot be made out to be bad if he only does good works. "

there is no group on the face of earth that only does good works. There are plenty of gay people that do bad things, so do you group the entire gay population as "bad". because your saying one cannot be made out to be bad if he only does good works. So when a gay person does something wrong you can make out that gay people are bad?

"It should be fairly obvious that my race is human, and considering that an entire ethnicity or nationality cannot be inherently bad....."

actually Poe you have said the hum dinger of them all....you are human. The race you belong to is responsible for countless murder, rape molestation, stealing, war, hatred, intolerance and outright evil.
If you wish to lump a christian into a group of people you unfavor based upon bad decisions made from other christians you must also lump yourself into a category that has committed a infinite amount of more suffering, being human of course.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 01:22 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

So, should I judge you as an individual??

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 01:41 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
there is no group on the face of earth that only does good works. There are plenty of gay people that do bad things, so do you group the entire gay population as "bad". because your saying one cannot be made out to be bad if he only does good works. So when a gay person does something wrong you can make out that gay people are bad?

First, there are groups that only do good works; from Buddhist monks to humanitarian organizations.

Second, for your analogy to be logically equivalent, all homosexuals would have to share a common ideology; they do not.

quote:
actually Poe you have said the hum dinger of them all....you are human. The race you belong to is responsible for countless murder, rape molestation, stealing, war, hatred, intolerance and outright evil.
If you wish to lump a christian into a group of people you unfavor based upon bad decisions made from other christians you must also lump yourself into a category that has committed a infinite amount of more suffering, being human of course.

Did you forget that whether or not a group is bad is a determination of behavior and ideology and not an inherent characteristic?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 02:34 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

i thought a person chooses to do right and wrong
as a chrsitian you are taught to do good
you are taught to feed the hungry
you are taught to love thy neigbor
you are taught not to kill
you are taught not to steal
you are taught to pray for your enemies
you are taught to be the great you must first serve
you are taught that love is very important
you are taught to forgive
you are taught to give to society

these are christian priciples taught by jesus. If you follow them as a christian your behavior will produce good things.

"Did you forget that whether or not a group is bad is a determination of behavior and ideology and not an inherent characteristic?"

so if a christian follows the ideology and the urged behavior from jesus' teachings will the group do good or bad things Poe?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 02:55 AM
moviejunkie23 is currently offline Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Besides Adam, I don't really think you're a Buddist. I know a little about their philosophy, and your conversations don't confirm their teachings.
You must be a bad Buddist. wink

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:01 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote:
i thought a person chooses to do right and wrong
as a chrsitian you are taught to do good
you are taught to feed the hungry
you are taught to love thy neigbor
you are taught not to kill
you are taught not to steal
you are taught to pray for your enemies
you are taught to be the great you must first serve
you are taught that love is very important
you are taught to forgive
you are taught to give to society

these are christian priciples taught by jesus. If you follow them as a christian your behavior will produce good things.

"Did you forget that whether or not a group is bad is a determination of behavior and ideology and not an inherent characteristic?"

so if a christian follows the ideology and the urged behavior from jesus' teachings will the group do good or bad things Poe?

It depends on the totality of his actions and the whole of his ideology. Does praying for one's enemy justify trying to take away his rights? Is his idea of giving to society, ruling all other according to his belief? Is love only important when it is between to members of the opposite-sex?

quote:
Originally posted by debbiejo
Besides Adam, I don't really think you're a Buddist. I know a little about their philosophy, and your conversations don't confirm their teachings. You must be a bad Buddist. wink

Do not presume to know that which you do not.

Last edited by Adam_PoE on Feb 15th, 2005 at 04:03 AM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:01 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

quote:
Besides Adam, I don't really think you're a Buddist. I know a little about their philosophy, and your conversations don't confirm their teachings.
You must be a bad Buddist. wink

Oh man that was hard hitting !!!!!!!!!!
be nice debb !!!!! Its hard to live up to religeos standards!!!
big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:04 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I agree. I'm glad all Buddists arn't bad. That would be judging a whole group of people.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:13 AM
moviejunkie23

"It is unsuitable to have intercourse in an inappropriate orifice..." this is a part of the Dakini teachings of buddism

this is a buddist teaching. Now when you are in gay sex are you not using what they term as a inappropraite orifice?? so i ask you does buddism say love is olny for those of the opposite sex? If you believe in it and your buddist then do you agree with the buddist teachings??

"Does praying for one's enemy justify trying to take away his rights? Is his idea of giving to society, ruling all other according to his belief?"
you asked

please state where jesus tried to take peoples rights away. If anything he scolded the pharisees for holding the people down and giving them burdens they coudn't handle. Jesus taught for people to live in peace together and to respect eachother. You can view your beliefs and be respecting. Jesus doesn't condone taking rights i don't know where you get that from.
Jesus said he came to serve, and told his disiples to serve the people that were around them. Jesus did not tell his diciples to conquer by the sword and have global domination or something to that sort.

your point ealier was a persons idealogy determins wether they do right or wrong, well if follow jesus' ideology you are doing good things such as all the things i stated he teaches. Do you understand my point Poe???

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:28 AM
Adam_PoE

quote:
"It is unsuitable to have intercourse in an inappropriate orifice..." this is a part of the Dakini teachings of buddism

this is a buddist teaching. Now when you are in gay sex are you not using what they term as a inappropraite orifice?? so i ask you does buddism say love is olny for those of the opposite sex? If you believe in it and your buddist then do you agree with the buddist teachings??

To clarify, a dakini is a female supernatural being whose purpose is to help those in pursuit of spiritual advancement overcome obstacles. This concept and its related teachings are exclusive to Tibetan Buddhism which I do not follow. I practice modern Buddhism which is a philosophy of ethical behavior, not a religion.

quote:
please state where jesus tried to take peoples rights away. If anything he scolded the pharisees for holding the people down and giving them burdens they coudn't handle. Jesus taught for people to live in peace together and to respect eachother. You can view your beliefs and be respecting. Jesus doesn't condone taking rights i don't know where you get that from.

Jesus said he came to serve, and told his disiples to serve the people that were around them. Jesus did not tell his diciples to conquer by the sword and have global domination or something to that sort.

your point ealier was a persons idealogy determins wether they do right or wrong, well if follow jesus' ideology you are doing good things such as all the things i stated he teaches. Do you understand my point Poe???

I did not state that Jesus advocated taking away the rights of others. I was illustrating that one can pray for his enemy and still try to do him harm. The point is that whether one is good or bad is a determination of the sum of his actions, not just some of his actions.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 05:18 AM
moviejunkie23

by endorsing praying and loving your enemy i doubt christ meant to do them harm. Do you love and pray for someone you are trying to harm? If you TRULY love and pray for someone would you not treat them with love and kindness? If you follow jesus by his sum and not some( as you say) of what his teachings were you will show your enemy love and treat them with love.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 06:43 AM
finti

quote:
If anything he scolded the pharisees for holding the people down and giving them burdens they coudn't handle.
very communistic

quote:
Jesus taught for people to live in peace together and to respect eachother.
so did Gandhi

quote:
were you will show your enemy love and treat them with love.
that away you get run over

quote:
Jesus did not tell his diciples to conquer by the sword and have global domination or something to that sort
then the christian church really misunderstood and the christian faith was built by sinners

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 07:10 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I think many in the christian church misunderstood His message, but yes the faith was built by sinners...That's what I meant when I said that not everybody who says their a christian is one. You have to really be
trying to follow Jesus example as Moviejunkie said earlier.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 03:01 PM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

"In truth there was only one Christian ever, and he died on the cross." Nietzsche

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 03:51 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

There was only one PERFECT Christian and He died on the cross.

Who is Nietzche ?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:07 PM
finti

quote:
Who is Nietzche ?
a bore

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 04:13 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

quote:
If anything he scolded the pharisees for holding the people down and giving them burdens they coudn't handle.
very communistic

how is that a form of communism for a religeos leader to speak against legalism.

quote:
Jesus taught for people to live in peace together and to respect eachother.
so did Gandhi

yea who here is attacking buddism?

quote:
were you will show your enemy love and treat them with love.
that away you get run over

the vikings didn't have a problem with fighting and killing their enemies but i don't see their culture alive and well

quote:
Jesus did not tell his diciples to conquer by the sword and have global domination or something to that sort
then the christian church really misunderstood and the christian faith was built by sinners

Actually everyone is a sinner finti. Every single walk of life people have done terrible things including vikings and every other type of people. Christians are human, you will see evil in christians. But what is important is there is a message out there that speaks against it and even if a group of people ignore it the message is still there and the message is to do good things.
I don't know why you have put a higher standard on christians than everyone else though, but now that I think about it maybe it is appropraite considering what high standards christians are taught.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 08:41 PM
finti

quote:
the vikings didn't have a problem with fighting and killing their enemies but i don't see their culture alive and well
We submitted to the chrisitan faith since the Vikings didnt enforce their beliefs upon others it kind of died out. If they had enforced it though the situation in Europe might have been a bit different cause then the chrisitans would have two fronts to fight, Vikings from the North and the advancing muslims form southeast

quote:
Actually everyone is a sinner finti
Im not, i dont set my moral code by the phony bible so I dont have to beg forgiveness all the time since those code is impossible to follow, so the church came up with pray for forgiveness for your sins and you will be forgiven and your place in heaven is secure. What a load of crap, the chrisitans have always altered the bible to their benefit.

quote:
I don't know why you have put a higher standard on christians than everyone else though,
christians did that themselves, they set that standard they think they have over non christians.

quote:
yea who here is attacking buddism?
oh and Gandhi wasnt a buddhist he was a hindu

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 10:50 PM
finti

quote:
as of this alive and well stuff, the culture is kept alive through the music, poetry(the tradition of how to tell them) trade routes that stll are used, words of the Norse(language of the Vikings) that are used in Everyday English language(sky, egg, cake, skin, leg, window, husband, fellow, skill, anger, flat, odd, ugly, get, give, take, raise, call, die,they, their, them) ship building and navigation.

quote:
how is that a form of communism for a religeos leader to speak against legalism.
in the way of breaking down the hierarchy, the all is equal part

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:01 AM
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
There was only one PERFECT Christian and He died on the cross.

Who is Nietzche ?

No, their really was only one Christian and he died on the cross - think about that. You can only really be a Chriatian when you are exactly as perfect as Jesus was - Jesus was a perfectly normal human being - if he could do it, so can anyone else who wants to be a christian, but people who call themselves Christians today are just too lazy.

Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher - the most influential modern philosopher. He also said "God is dead!". He also said that he can never believe in a god who wants to be praised all the time. And he said that their cannot be a God, because if there was one we would not be able to believe we are not god.

By saying "God is dead", he meant that people killed God - they do not need a god in their lives anymore - people have achieved enlightenment throught science, rational thinking and technology.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 07:21 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote