KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The best leader of the X-men

The best leader of the X-men
Started by: doctorstrongbad

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sage Tessa
[ cyberpathic ]

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
which one??? korea?

Claremont actually joked about that recently:

"We can fudge and “evolve” the details of Xavier’s life, for example: his military service was originally during the Korean War, then gradually Vietnam, then to some unspecified regional conflict."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:01 PM
Sage Tessa is currently offline Click here to Send Sage Tessa a Private Message Find more posts by Sage Tessa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

sage as always... love

and i didn't forget about storm... after cyclops she'd be my first choice...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

I know that Emma Forst is now co-leading the x-men with Scott.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:12 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sage Tessa
[ cyberpathic ]

quote:
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
I know that Emma Forst is now co-leading the x-men with Scott.

She was also the headmistress of the Massachusetts academy (Hellions & Gen X)... wink

As much as I love Ms. Frost, though, she has a tendency to get her students killed...

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:24 PM
Sage Tessa is currently offline Click here to Send Sage Tessa a Private Message Find more posts by Sage Tessa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing that is true sage...

and i don't think emma is a good leader cos so few people trust her...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Okay forget about Emma frost, so who do you think is the best leader from .... Cyclops, Prof. X and Storm?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:28 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

in the field cyclops, in the mansion the professor, if cyclops left storm would be the first in line imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:35 PM
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Did everybody forgot about Storm? She was the leader of X-men team gold back in the day.

Actually her tenure as a leader extended beyond the length of the blue and gold teams. She began leadership when Cyclops left after the supposed death of Jean (aftermath of Dark Phoenix saga) and on and off in more current times. Storm respects Cyclops leadership skills, but she isn't a slouch either. She's made some tough decisions, such as the craze "plasma-like" mutant who forced her to make a decision on which X-Man he should kill [either Colossus or Wolverine], which she chose Wolverine in the criteria that he had a better chance to get out of the blast.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:38 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Okay well here is a question, who do you think would be the worst leader of the x-men? You can pick from any member of the x-men past or present.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:41 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

(as worst)

wolverine... he'd get everyone killed imo, i don't believe he's rational enough...

him or jubilee...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:43 PM
doctorstrongbad

Yeah they are both bad but there has to be somebody who is the worst.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:50 PM
Clovie

jean would make everyone commited suicide no expression

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 08:51 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

why???

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:00 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Would be funny if Silver Surfer just strolled into the mansion with an X painted on his board and said: "Right....hmm. You, what's your name?", "Jubil...", "You're cut. Pack and leave. You?", "Wolver...", "Yeah I know who you are. Don't care. F*ck off."

Just started rearranging the team.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:05 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

dunno stick out tongue

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:06 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

that would be cool alpha... although is there anyone that would be good enough to roll with surfer?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:07 PM
stormfront13

In my opinion storm is the best leader the x-men have ever had. She is known for being very sensetive and caring so people go to her for help. At the same time storm can be vary agressive and knows how to get what she wants. She is level headed and smart and a good stgaretist. She also knows what emotional pain feels like because she lost her parents at such a young age and had to grow up as an orphan on the streets of cairo. Her powers also beat out cyclops. She even beat cyclops without her powers, I know that she didn't do it on her own but she still would have beat cyclops because all you have to do is take off his visor and he's basically done because he's too woried that he'll hit someone. ANother reason is that she is one of the only people that is unafraid to confront wolverine even at his worst temper. Also all the x-men trust her and xavier even respects her as a leader.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:07 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"that would be cool alpha... although is there anyone that would be good enough to roll with surfer?"

Nah. Just doing my bit of hype for him. The man got his series cancelled, gotta show some respect.

Could probably take over the F4 if he wanted to. Saying that, he's been in the most powerful group ever. The Defenders.

Surfer, Hulk, Strange, Namor.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

cyclops was also an orphan (or so he thought for many years)...

her powers do beat cyclops', but that is no reflection on leadership skills (look at captain america)...

he knows all about emotional pain... no parents, jean has died 3 times... and he sent his son to the future and never saw him grow up...

she beat cyclops many years ago... since then cyclops has undergone a lot of training, he's learned tons as far as fighting skills... she may still have him though... and he's learned to fight without his power, he can fight with his eyes closed...

http://www.mutanthigh.com/games/martialarts/fight6.html

when it comes to command decisions cyclops doesn't back down, with wolverine or anyone...

the x-men trust cyclops, whether they like him or not... and xavier respects cyclops as much if not more...

i have no doubt that storm is a respected, trusted leader... but the x-men have always been a team that was more than the sum of its parts, imo cyclops is the best at using each member properly and effectively...

surfer rocks alpha... back when i was younger i used to always try an pick up a surfer comic when i went to the comic shop...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:16 PM
stormfront13

I'm not saying cyclops doesn't have emotional pain, i'm just saying that I think storm has as much if not more. she was younger than cyclops when her parents died , and xavier didn't take her in until she is older and cyclops was xaviers first student and he was never really alone becasue later he found out that he had a brother, and storm still doesn't have anyone. cyke isn't the only one that lost jean, everyone did. Jean was storms best friend don't you think that it would hurt?? Also cyclops didn't have to steal to make a living , storm had no where to go so she became the best theif and pickpocket in all of cairo with the help of her mentor. Storm was also rejected on a marrige proposal even though she was going to say yes. ALso storm went many years without powers and she could still beat people so that means that she is a really good martial artist, even wolverine thinks so because he taught her. Also now a lot of people might have a small grudge against cyclops because of his affair with emma. A team is going to follow orders better if they have a leader they can trust and can find a friend in. Storm knows her team members just as well as cyclops does, so theres no reason that she can't use each mamber just as well.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:28 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote