KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The best leader of the X-men

The best leader of the X-men
Started by: doctorstrongbad

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah Surfer is the man, PR. I always loved the philosophical side (the only side hahaha) of his comics. COULD do with some more action considering his powers but would defeat the purpose.

People don't wanna see him flying around philosophising, they wanna see him blowing shit up. Hence why Surfer and Thanos series' failed and Rogue and Nightcrawler thrive. I wear my Surfer T-Shirt proudly nonetheless haha.

I think Cyclops has always been the best leader by definition. He seems to be more tolerable than Captain America at least.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:39 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote:
I'm not saying cyclops doesn't have emotional pain, i'm just saying that I think storm has as much if not more. she was younger than cyclops when her parents died , and xavier didn't take her in until she is older and cyclops was xaviers first student and he was never really alone becasue later he found out that he had a brother, and storm still doesn't have anyone.

ok, suppose your right in some ways... but her and cyclops are incredibly alike imo, and she's not exactly a loner, cyclops is more detached than her... if she's the mother to the x-men, he's the detached father who lets the mother deal with all the emotional stuff

quote:
cyke isn't the only one that lost jean, everyone did. Jean was storms best friend don't you think that it would hurt??

i didnt say nobody else hurt... but i'll bet it hurt scott a hundred times more... and then madelyne came along...

as for the emma thing, yes people would be pissed at cyclops, but they all know full well in combat that he's 100% commited...

i know that storm knows the x-men as well as anyone, but i believe cyclops knows how to maximise everyones abilities... in a fight cyclops has this incredibly narrow vision, he sees things nobody else would (hence his name), unique solutions to problems... i don't believe storm does...

the x-men will always trust him, they might not like him, but they all know deep down he'd take a bullet for any of em...

and yes, surfer rocks... if he was a bit less of a pacifist he'd be as big as the hulk and spidey...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 11th, 2005 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

alright its obvious that ur a cyclops fan and its obvious tht i'm a storm fan. They both are good leaders but cyclops has been a leader for longer so I guess that he sees things people don't. They both lead in different ways and I just like storms way of leading, but cyclops's way of leading also works or else the x-men would have been defeated many times. Ur right to say that they are a-like in many ways. All the x-men respect them including the prof. I think that if both of these people were leading at the same time then the team could handle anything.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:47 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

that is true...

i just wanted to say that cyclops has had as much pain as anyone... he's lost the love of his life 3 times... that would kill most people... but he kept going out of responsibility... so i think he's had as much pain as anyone...

as an emotional leader who knows their troops personalities... i say storm is better...

but in combat cyclops imo is THE leader in x-men imo... his seeing things other people don't is an actual talent he was born with (not a power, just a talent), and his ability to utilise each team members ability is second to none imo... it puts him at the top of the list of leaders in marvel, right beside captain america (who i hate, but meh) imo... and he's more powerful than most people give him credit for...

i have always liked storm, i've always believed she was cyclops natural successor if he ever left the team...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

I feel the same way

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 09:57 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

k... i mean, storm is my third fave x lady (behinde psylocke and blink), her power rules... and i think that when they have two teams one should be hers and one should be cyclops'...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 10:04 PM
RielKid

quote:
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think Beast could be a good Leader...as good as Scott...maybe even better...just maybe.

Beast has the right attitude. Cable on the otherhand, he's kind of a loner like Wolverine. And besides, he really can't control his anger.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 10:25 PM
RielKid is currently offline Click here to Send RielKid a Private Message Find more posts by RielKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Cable is more loved and followed by his troops than Cyclops is. Then again, X-Force are kids. I think Cable just always had some weird thing for Dani Moonstar.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 10:43 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i think cyclops is the best leader the x-men ever had... and i dont know what else to say.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 03:31 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i think most leaders are loved by their troops more than cyclops...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 03:35 AM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Agreed she's a good leader...best Female leader....only female leader I think.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 04:32 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

Ooo, good point. Yes, Storm is a good one. Cyclops is obsessed with his role (which is mostly good) and Xavier makes it all possible, for sure. I guess Gambit was the leader of a team as well as the Theives Guild, I'm not sure how he was with his mutant team, I haven't read any of those books. I think Storm has the most focused personality, Cyclops the most dedicated, Xavier the most practical and Gambit I am sure is most clever. Rogue, jee, she's very strong inside and out but also very emotional. Wolverine? NO, No, no, no

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:13 AM
gambitindaflesh is currently offline Click here to Send gambitindaflesh a Private Message Find more posts by gambitindaflesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i agree with most of that... though i can't see gambit being a great leader at all...

stealing is alot different from saving the world... i don't know if he'd be up to it...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:44 AM
Mainstream
lighting the way

if a mission involved stealing and stealth yeah Gambit could lead it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:53 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

of course...

but heavy combat... i'm not so sure...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:06 PM
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

WHAT!? for goodness sakes! don't be like that little Scot photo you have there buddy, Gambit has been proving himself over and over for some time now, stealing is a skill and I think Gambit has proved himself very useful as well as capable of saving the world. He is the most critisized of the X Men and is one of the most loyal, one reason I love him, that whole having to understand some one from where they are and where they've come from thing. I don't know, I think he is seriously misunderstood and does not get enough credit, it takes a hell of a lot of guts and goodness to be able to leave a group or a place that you know is no good (Theives Guild, as well as other bad company) and it takes a lot to completely turn every thing around and admitt you weren't doing the right thing, that my friend is harder than anything you could ever imagine if you've ever done it and that is what our lovely Gambit is all about. He is made of self control, which is also a fine quality of a good theif as well as the only man to be a sucess to Rogue and not many of our other super heros have it as defined as him, not by far, lets give Gambit a little pat on the back shall we?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 11:59 PM
gambitindaflesh is currently offline Click here to Send gambitindaflesh a Private Message Find more posts by gambitindaflesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i never questioned gambits loyalty or willingness to put his neck on the line for the x-men... it took a lot to do the things he did...

but those things do not make him a great combat leader, thats all i'm saying...

what about my cyclops pic?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 12:08 AM
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

I don't know if he's a good leader, just saying he kicks butt in combat and is just as capable of saving the world as the others are. We see eye to eye, ha, eye, ya know?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 01:43 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

saving the world yes... but leading the team to save the world against a powerful enemy, i dont think so...

as part of the team yes, leading it no imo... there are too many xmen ahead of him imo...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 01:50 AM
gambitindaflesh
love them apples!

No, not he's not in the top ten or nothing but you know, practice makes perfect, I really should read the comics where he leads a team I forget what the were called... shoot. Oh, bye the way thanks for the tip on getting a little picture, I can't get my own images in there though for some stupid reason, I can't find out how to size them properly.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2005 02:11 AM