KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. FF

Superman vs The FF
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
superman 10 41.67%
The FF 14 58.33%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Superman vs. FF
Started by: Tony Stark

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kid Kurdy

I think the FF can beat him, but they are not allowed to make mistakes. One mistake, and they go down.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 11:22 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

quote:
Originally posted by Never
Several fights wherein Superman took the fight seriously and "waltzed" in, as is typical:

Vs. The Shaggy Man, Grant Morrison run
Vs. Batman, Dark Knight Returns
Vs. Doomsday
Vs. Prometheus
Vs. the White Martians, JLA #2
Vs. Ra's Al Ghul, Tower of Babel story arc, Mark Waid run
Vs. Gog, Kingdom Come
Vs. Brainiac, Dark Knight Strikes Back.
Vs. Hulk, Marvel vs. DC
Vs. Thor, JLA vs. Avengers
Vs. Terminus, JLA vs. Avengers.

How much evidence do we have of Superman simply "going all out?" I know Superman has killed precisely...argh, 3 times is it? Doomsday, Zod, and I am forgetting one.

This is 3 times. Out of what, hundreds of battles? The writer, Dan Jurgens, even supports this.

So yes, the ODDS are that he WILL fly in (walk, whatever), fold his arms, and check them out first. He almost always does this. He's not Orion. He's not Thor. He's not Mindless Hulk.

Am Sue can keep up a forcefield long enough to knock him out. Place the bubbles/constructs in his lungs, brain, liver, wherever. And yes, althought it supports my position, even they have zero prior knowledge of one another, odds are he either settles on The Thing first (assuming he even attacks first. why are we assuming this when that is not his character?), or The Human Torch.

When has Superman ever flown off into space to avoid a battle? And I ask simply because that's so not even his character.

"Flies in and takes out The Thing, Mr. Fantastic, and The Human Torch?"

Can anyone please show me ONE battle where Superman has ever sped through three foes and defeated them via speed alone? Question then. Why is it that, when he was face to face with Prometheus -- he didn't just "speed blitz" him and knock him out? Or against any of the white martians? Or against Ra's Al Ghul? Or against Lex Luthor when he had The Philosopher's Stone (Rock of Ages story arc)? Or against Wonder Woman when she beat him? Or against Captain Marvel in Kingdom Come? Or against Captain Marvel in JLA 1,000,000? Or against Batman in Dark Knight Returns OR Dark Knight Strikes Back? Or against Doomsday?

That's like saying "well Wolverine can just automatically go berzerk and beat Spiderman" in the other thread. He doesn't do it!

Is there evidence that Superman is vulnerable to what kind of attack? He bleeds. He dies. He has been knocked out. That's plenty of evidence.

Does Sue always use her force fields to kill people? Does she always assume she's going to need it and automatically put it up? If we're suppose to assume that Superman is not going to do everything in his power to win, than we should assume the FF won't either either.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 07:23 PM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Well if Superman starts taking out members of the FF badly, surely she'll reciprocate.

It's more or less obvious he will leave her alone, for a few reasons. Thing would be the obvious target, maybe Torch. He isn't going to know of Sue's capabilities in order to think of quickly removing her.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 08:42 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

ALL this comes down to one question: Can Sue put such
a force field inside Superman, or no?
If no, then Superman wins easily.
If yes, then that still brings up whether she would do it
or not, since she doesn't do it against every single villain
that the FF face (and presumably all these villains want to
kill the FF, even if the FF don't share that sentiment).
And if she decided to use it, how can we be sure she'll
do so in time?

Bottom line for me: Both sides are told (before meeting)
that they have to fight to kill. In that case, Superman
flies in frying all with his eye beams, and if Sue survives
this initial blast with her shield, then Superman just
keeps attacking with eye-beam and punches until shield
goes down, and Sue collapses from the psyonic backlash,
and is killed.

If they are all told to just do whatever it takes to win,
with killing being an open option, then the fight will
proceed as I had out-lined in my previous post.

Also, why do so many people underestimate Superman's
strength? I happen to be one of those who believes that
he is many many times stronger than the Hulk (for God's
sakes the man lifts 20-30,000 ton ships with one hand!),
so he can kill the three FF men quickly and easily. And
probably can punch down Sue's shield with a few strong
punches (the fact that her shield survived Hulk-level
punches means nothing, because she's never faced
Superman-level physical attacks before).

Besides, the FF are way over-rated. No way such a
small limited team can survive the type of villains that
the X-Men or Avengers face, without Reed's brains that is.

Last edited by King Burger on Feb 19th, 2005 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Feb 19th, 2005 11:55 PM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Well if Superman starts taking out members of the FF badly, surely she'll reciprocate.

It's more or less obvious he will leave her alone, for a few reasons. Thing would be the obvious target, maybe Torch. He isn't going to know of Sue's capabilities in order to think of quickly removing her.

Good points there. But If I was Superman facing the FF and saw a orange rock dude and a flamer looking dude I would definatelly keep my eye on a blue eyed blonde. It would seem out of proportion if you ask me. Its usually the one that seems out of place is the one you have to watch out for.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Feb 20th, 2005 at 12:39 AM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 12:37 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Heat vision wouldn't hurt Johnny Storm, and Reed could absorb the impact of most of Superman's blows.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 12:43 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

True, Heat vision will not hurt Johnny but he is no threat to Superman in any way and neither is Thing. Reed could maybe absorb a punch or two but his heat vision would melt him into a pile of monkey crap.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 12:54 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Lol, yeah. Sue's their only hope. Call the Four! Fantastic Four!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:04 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

HEY! How's Superman going to see Sue? She's invisible!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:06 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

He can hear her. When he kicked Super Skrulls @ss he was invisble but Superman could hear him coming and laid the smack down on his @ss.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:08 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

did someone say the FF cant handle x-men level villains? there is clearly an ignorance issue here. first off, throw out the idea that superman's physical strength would be of any advantage: depending on their respective universes, Both Supes and Thing are in the upper levels of physical strength...yes supes can lift up entire ships with one hand...u have just proved my point. A ship cannot be held up at a single point by pure strength alone, it would require some kind of telekenesis like that employed by Gladiator. If superman were in marvel they would account for that and either make his powers telekenetic or have the ship fall and rip apart in his hands. As far as physical strength is concerned, Hulk has lifted 150 billion tons on his own, far outclassing superman, for the ignorant superman fans who say superman's strength is beyond the Hulks. Thing has held his own against the Hulk on numerous occasions. He is always outmatched on paper, but he is stronger and tougher than anyone thinks. Thats why he has gone against the Silver Surfer, Occulus, the Destroyer, the Champion, all of these guys would hand Superman his head! and as for FF villains? the FF have fought Galactus, the Dreaming Celestial, Exitar the Celestial, Ego the Living Planet, the Obliterator, Terminus, Aron the Watcher, Abraxas,etc...notibly powerful x-men villains? Juggernaut, Magneto, Apocalypse, the Brood, etc...the only X-men villain that is anywhere near the power of FF's is Dark Phoenix.

So in summation, considering the FF fight vastly more powerful characters than Superman on a regular basis, they just beat Galactus again this month...Im pretty sure they can beat really strong guy with heat vision and a superhero complex.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:21 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Did you just try to say that Thing could handle Superman. It sounded that way.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:29 AM
Cosmic Cube

I don't think he's saying that, but he is proving a valid point. Much of superman's "strength" isn't strength at all.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:32 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree with most people in that Supes isn't gonna stroll in, see Sue and think "My...my GOD! She's gotta be powerful!" then start attacking her. The ones he WOULD attack could give him an easy run for his money anyway.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 01:46 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
I don't think he's saying that, but he is proving a valid point. Much of superman's "strength" isn't strength at all.

If you read closely I think that is exactly what he was implying. He was saying that Thing fought these guys and they would hand Superman his head. Well if thats the case Superman beat Hulk and Thor rather easily. Gladiator got beat by Hulk but Gladiator stalemated Silver Surfer. Thor Beat Silver Surfer. Do the math here.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 02:11 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

"Gladiator stalemated Silver Surfer" when was this?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 02:18 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I agree with most people in that Supes isn't gonna stroll in, see Sue and think "My...my GOD! She's gotta be powerful!" then start attacking her. The ones he WOULD attack could give him an easy run for his money anyway.

-AC

Who would give him a run for his money?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 02:56 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

According to Wynndar Thing sick

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 02:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

this fight might as well be sue v supes...

torch cant hurt supes... i doubt even his nova could seriously injure superman...

reed is f*cked...

the thing? come on... supes'd bitchslap him all over the place (no disrespect), but i do think thing is being given slightly too much credit... he'd last longer than torch or reed but seriously...

then it comes down to sue...

i'm not sure if she can create a bubble inside his body, if so then maybe, but i'm goin with supes on this one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 03:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Superman wouldn't see sue, He might hear her, but not before she puts one of those forcefields into play.

Why couldn't she put a forcefield inside of him? Block a major artery in his brain? Superman has a coronary! Oh No!

Old Post Feb 20th, 2005 03:29 AM