KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » The Master Clock of the Universe

The Master Clock of the Universe
Started by: Philosophicus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Master Clock of the Universe

quote:
BY DAVID C. PACK In his booklet Does God Exist?, Herbert W. Armstrong concluded with this statement under the subhead “Master Clock of the Universe”:

“But then you, Mr. Skeptic—you look up into the great vast sky at the master clock of the universe, which never misses a second—the perfect watch by which we must constantly set all our imperfect man-made watches—and you tell me, ‘That all just happened! There was no Great Watchmaker! No Master mind thought out and planned that vast universe, brought it into being, set each star and planet in its own exact place, and started the myriad heavenly bodies coursing through space, each in its prescribed orbit, in its orderly precision. No, it just fashioned itself, put itself together, wound itself up, and started itself running. There was no Intelligence—no planning—no creation—no God!’

“Do you say that to me?

“If you can, I answer that I do not respect your intelligence. And the God I acknowledge replies to you, ‘The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God!’ (Ps. 14:1; 53:1.)

“If you can look about you, and observe how intelligently planned and executed is everything in nature and in plant and animal life—everything we see except the bungling, botching, polluting of God’s beautiful handiwork by the clumsy hand of God-ignoring-and-rejecting man—and then say you doubt the existence of an all-wise, all-knowing, all-powerful Creator God, then I do not have much faith either in your rational processes or your sincerity as a seeker of the truth!”

Last edited by Philosophicus on Feb 16th, 2005 at 11:56 AM

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:52 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

To the above, I would like to say only them following:

Creationists 'know' there must be a god who created everything, simply because they find it impossible to believe that everything which is so 'perfect' and 'precise' have come into being by itself.

That is the fatal flaw in their argument - the fact is that only we as human beings say that things are perfect and precise, that the universe is in harmony and preceise order, BUT in reality existence merely is, things merely are; they are neither perfect nor imperfect. There is no harmony and no chaos. In an ultimate sense, things are just in an ineffible condition - it carries no absolute descriptions besides those we are giving it.

Thus if nothing is perfect or imperfect, ordered or chaotic then it is no mean art or intelligent design which caused everything to be. Existence merely is - all merely is eternal and infinite. If you observe something in nature you think is utterly perfect, it is only you who think thus, but in nature outside of your mind it is neither perfect nor imperfect - it just is, so it might as well have become by mere chance as it is not really something perfect and precise that needs a designer. Another fatal flaw creationists make is that they say god created this perfect and ordered world, because it could not have come from nothing or just caused itself, BUT do they ever consider that this god is now the problem: how can this perfect, precise, ordered and powerful god just have come from nothing? He surely must have been designed! He could not make himself!? But then the creationists say that god simply always existed! Well, then we might as well say that existence or all that is simply always existed!

One cannot without dishonesty and contradiction say that there was always a god who is unfathomable himself, but existence as such which is also unfathomable could not always have existed. It is exactly the same thing. Let us rather call all that is, the universe, being as such, whatever you want to call it - let's call that god, if you want - I merely call it being.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 11:52 AM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I say never comblined science with Reglion it will only start trouble.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:38 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not talking about science or religion, but of intelligent design of existence vs. the absence thereof.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:54 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

We all try to figure things out using our little finite brains. We look at things from our own distorted view thinking we see straight. We keep asking questions all related to "Time". When, beginning, start of existence..etc.. If we are all operating in "Time" then we cannot fathom what is on the other side.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 03:59 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

debiejo, I'm not talking about time, but about the unfathomable, eternity of all powerfull Existence/Cosmos which points to the superfluity of a god/creator - I say that existence might as well always have existed, hence the reason that there's no need for creation. One could possibly draw the conclusion that god does not exist, but rather god IS existence - nothing more, nothing less - god is no creator, but merely existence as such.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 06:44 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

I did say that it's not fathomable.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 08:49 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote