KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Who is the best guitarist of all time??

Who is the best guitarist of all time??
Started by: undertaker619

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

have we still not agreed that page was of the most innovative ?

thought this would have been wrapped up by now cool

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 05:38 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lighthammer
Colonial Marine

Tom Morrello.

From the b***s of Hancock's junior's to the shores of misery, we will curse our country's leaders cross the stars on land and sea, first to fight the distant corporate wars, spill our blood for a sheaf of green, we will do or die, we ask not why cuz we're colonial marines!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 07:51 PM
Lighthammer is currently offline Click here to Send Lighthammer a Private Message Find more posts by Lighthammer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RSSR

My God. I can't believe I went four pages before I finally saw someone throw Stevie Ray Vaughn's name out there. Really, the only other guitarist who touches him is Jimi Hendrix.

I mean, Eric Clapton was intimidated playing on stage with SRV.

Robert Johnson comes in third on my list, with the originality of his riffs that pretty much every guitarist after him pretty much uses...

I think its too much to hope for that people like Ry Cooder Tommy Emmanuel, Tim Reynolds, Keller Willlams have already been mentioned here...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 11:07 PM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RSSR
My God. I can't believe I went four pages before I finally saw someone throw Stevie Ray Vaughn's name out there. Really, the only other guitarist who touches him is Jimi Hendrix.

I mean, Eric Clapton was intimidated playing on stage with SRV.

Robert Johnson comes in third on my list, with the originality of his riffs that pretty much every guitarist after him pretty much uses...

I think its too much to hope for that people like Ry Cooder Tommy Emmanuel, Tim Reynolds, Keller Willlams have already been mentioned here...

Hendrix is better than Vaughn, not sure why you worded that as if Hendrix was inferior.

Clapton was hailed as one of the world's best when Hendrix came along in his early 20s and was in awe.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 24th, 2007 01:09 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

SRV plays better imo though. Hendrix was very raw.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 12:52 AM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I dig SRV a lot. Definitely my guitar hero.

I've been digging George Lynch and Paul Gilbert lately. Beautiful vibrato on the former.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 04:13 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

22 pages and no mention of Robert Johnson. Shame on you all. Without him music would not be as it is today.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 10:57 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

What? Lol.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 01:00 AM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

To be fair, the thread is "best guitarist" not "most influential."

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 04:39 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

The best guitarist of all time, ever, no competition, is my mom. No one can touch her on guitar. Not even Van Halen. Total seriousness here. Total seriousness.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 08:12 AM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Lotus
king of the underworld

Frank Zappa

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 10:32 PM
DaRk Lotus is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Lotus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Balsac the Jaws of Death!

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 01:38 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Steve Vai is the best that I have heard to date.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 11:33 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

My all time favorite is, and always will be, Jimi Hendrix. Like AC said, I also think he made the best guitar music ever. I would also list Hendrix as probably the most influential guitarist of all time, however we're not discussing that, just listing favorites, as I believe that was the question asked. Joe Satriani, Prince, Buckethead and Frank Zappa (especially Zappa's improvisation skills) are favorites too. I think on a technical level though, there's enough grounds to list Michael Angelo Batio as one of the best, if not the best, easily.

Last edited by Kram3r on Oct 21st, 2007 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 01:55 PM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

Michael Ammott (Carcass, Spiritual Beggars and Arch Enemy).

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 02:46 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Al Di Meola should be in the conversation. So should John Mclauhglin.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 03:03 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

Originally posted by Pezmerga
Al Di Meola should be in the conversation. So should John Mclauhglin.
Both are class.
Originally posted by wicker_man
Michael Ammott (Carcass, Spiritual Beggars and Arch Enemy).
Spiritual Beggars FTW.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:05 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Petrucci.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 12:50 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen, Herman Li.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2008 06:29 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Dimebag. love

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 10:14 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote