KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ironman vs Superman

who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Superman 18 78.26%
Ironman 5 21.74%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ironman vs Superman
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenal

quote:
Originally posted by Ironmanpower
Ironman easily with prep time. If Batman can do it, why Stark couldn't do the same? Stark is a better inventor than Wayne, he gonna invent every things you can imagine to his armor with the kryptonite. If can't find kryptonite ? He gonna create synthetic kryptonite like Luthor did. Without prep time... Superman

Yup. With prep time Iron Man wins, but without prep time Superman wins.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:14 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Juggernaut74's gonna have to clear that up 'cause Pre and Post both start with P.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:31 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vegas
Sin City Sith Lord

With no preptime, Superman crushes the man in the tin can.

WITH preptime, the Man of Steel goes down.

Sig by ThePittman

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:02 PM
Darth Vegas is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vegas a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vegas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

with prep time , you mean he know his fighting superman and superman has no idea who he is fighting ?

if they both got pre time superman still takes this superman isn't no tony stark , but he ain't no midless hulk either.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:06 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Juggernaut74's gonna have to clear that up 'cause Pre and Post both start with P.

Good point. Pre-crisis Superman was the original intention. Ironman with any suit he has and prep time. Remember Superman has prep time also and is gonna know that Tony knows he weaknesses.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:10 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

if its pre crisis superman with prep then superman... the guy is practically a god...

plus he's intelligent enough to know his own weaknesses, he can come up with a solution...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 12:55 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

He's right, Pre-Crisis Supes with prep?

He's a genius, making Tony look like Dumb Donald. Pre-Crisis Supes wins, no matter what little upgrades Tony adds to his armor. Hell, this Superman could even whistle and blow him to the other side of the galaxy, literally.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 08:22 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tron
I think I've probably only seen one BP sig on here (actually, I don't think I have, but I could be wrong), so that's why I asked a fellow mod to make it for me.

I had BP sig once.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:38 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:

Superman has got to be jaded as hell. Besides the crap he has to put up with from Aquaman every day, he can hear the death screams of orphans for thousands of miles in every direction. That kind of thing would get to get to you. When I hear about dynamite ninjas blowing up the president, I don't feel guilty. There's nothing I could have done; I don't know how to defuse a ninja or even where the president lives. Not Superman. He can take every single obituary personally. He can go through the paper and say, "Let's see, this was the bus that fell off the bridge when I was in the bathroom... and here, I was playing ping pong when this family suffocated under tons of rubble... Oh! And I could barely get to sleep while this former skydiver was screaming for help! Ha ha ha!"

I'm surprised he even cares when the Trouble Alert goes off. I'd expect him to say, "Sorry your government building got shrink-rayed, Congressman, but I can hear a baby being circled by vampire hippos right now. Do you want me to let it get torn apart becau-- oh, there. It's dead. Good job, Congressman Selfish *******. How about you don't call again until there's a real emergency like poison ivy or a leg cramp?"

Or maybe he's not bitter at all. He does have X-ray vision and a job where he gets to stand near Wonder Woman. He's probably happier than her panties and bustier put together. He might even be happier than a monster booty whenever I drive by with my bumper sticker that says, "I Brake for Monster Booty" that I got from ordering the CD "Monster Booty."

DR. CRIME'S CRIMINAL KRYPTONITE GUIDE AND SPEEDBOAT CHALLENGE
Hi, future dictators! There are about eight different kinds of kryptonite. They each give off unique radiation that have different kinds of effects on Superman. All of them give off unique radiation that sterilize your gonads. That's one of the reasons I can only get sexually aroused by blueprints of grocery stores. Let's start!

GREEN KRYPTONITE
AFFECT: DEATH
This is supposed to kill Superman, but seems really crappy at it since he gets covered in it every episode and still isn't dead.

RED KRYPTONITE
AFFECT: MUTATE
This almost always just gives him extra arms which doesn't help evil very much since it means he can punch us twice as much. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will give him a tail. Because if Superman has a tail, no one can resist us!

RAINBOW KRYPTONITE
AFFECT: GAY
This type of kryptonite makes Superman gay. He injected it into his blood years ago. Ha ha ha!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:40 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I Want a sig with Nightwing, Gambit, Flash, Spiderman all together and I want it to say Team mainstream that'd rock and sorry Iron man fans he's screwed in this fight.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:40 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I could give you a Swank style "Is he serious?" sig.
quote:
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Is that from Seanbaby?

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:48 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mikalv1224

superman would freeze iron mans armor and take this one

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2005 11:13 PM
mikalv1224 is currently offline Click here to Send mikalv1224 a Private Message Find more posts by mikalv1224 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

quote:
Originally posted by long pig
like i said earlier...IronMan can absorb supermans solar energy into his own suit making him even more stronger.
with no solar power superman turns into normalman

Ok, but since the suit is a machine Im assuming it has a capacity to the amount of energy it can hold, while superman has none. And if this battle is during the day supes will simply recharge as fast as he's drained if not faster.

EDIT: oh we're talking pre crisis supes, then there's no competition, if stark has no kryptonite he goes down no matter what the situation.

Last edited by Hegemon875 on Mar 3rd, 2005 at 12:35 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 12:33 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

IM resources are vast beyond measure. not only does he have a device that can sap energy of all sorts but some of is suits have that mechanism built in to siphon energy from heat, extreme cold, cosmic, and solar power sources when his batteries are running low, but he can also siphon just for the hell of it. the reason i think he has a chance is bcuz writers like to play cheap. for all we know they would say that he already has a suit thats powered by kryptonite or some BS like that.....

speaking in terms of how superman fights(which annoys the f uck outta me) he doesnt employ super speed when he throws down. in fact, the only time in a long long time ive seen him use super speed was when that imperiex probe destryed his parents farm and he just lost it. but i dont think he would do that against IM

so IMO stark having enuff time to leech at least some of his stored solar energy is a reasonable argument. besides his suits can stand up to a lot of pressure, for back in the day way before comics got uber scientific..the good ol days where all a guy had to do was spill some household chemicals on himself and he would get super powers.

in the original contest of champions, Terrax dropped a land mass the size of manhattan on IM and he just flew into it and smashed it up. that was with his silver centurian suit. since then his junk have become way more advanced. being equipped with force fields and other energy absorbing mechanisms. so i say he holds his own if its just one of his regular high powered suit.

HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, his thorbuster suit is a brash mixture of technology and Asgardian magic, and we all know that superman is suseptable to magic, and the Thorbuster armor exudes some pretty potent magic. so im willing to go out on a limb and say that with this armor he COULD beat superman. especially if he starts off with a huge concentrated blast of magic from his chest plate thingy

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:27 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote