KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Review: Constantine

Review: Constantine
Started by: Soth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Cool Constantine: Review

Constantine

The Plot:

John Constantine is gifted (cursed?) with the ability to see half-angles and half-demons that reside on Earth. Due to the horror of his situation, he kills himself at 15. He goes to Hell for 2 minutes before being resuscitated. After this, he become obsessed with the supernatural and the occult. He dedicates his life to sending half-demons back to Hell to avoid his fate of going to Hell, hastened by his being diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

The Good Stuff:
Keanu Reeves surprised me with this. He didn't really have more energy, but his intensity and depth were certainly an improvement from the Matrix. The special effects were stunning, as was to be expected. The storyline was pretty cool too. I certainly didn't expect the ending. Tilda Swinton was excellent at Gabriel

The Bad Stuff:
The confrontations between Reeves and Djimon Hounsou's Papa Midnite were pretty ridiculous. Shia LeBouf also pissed me off a little. Other than that, some little inconsequential things here and there.

Was it Worth My Time?:
I do believe so myself, I enjoyed it very much

The Rating:
8.5/10 thumb up If you're a sci-fi fan, go see it

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:00 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

Cool, thanks Soth

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:06 AM
kimmeh is currently offline Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

i loved the movie

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 05:17 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Soth, have you read any of the comics that the movie is based on?
From what I know the character has been altered a lot for this film-
his look, his national origin, etc.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:58 AM
Cipher is currently offline Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thoma5

Yea this movie great juz watch it ytd!!!

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 10:34 AM
Thoma5 is currently offline Click here to Send Thoma5 a Private Message Find more posts by Thoma5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seriph
the angel of bad spelling

i thought it looked really good, i want to see it soon, the trailers weren't very in depth though so i didn't really get much of an idea of the plot.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 11:50 AM
seriph is currently offline Click here to Send seriph a Private Message Find more posts by seriph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher
No, I haven't.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:02 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

it was awesome

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:20 PM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

This movie isnt out over hear yet, but i can tell it oozes sex

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:20 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I wonder why wink

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
Korri

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:28 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by Cipher

So I read. They didn' t believe Reeves could portray a convincing Brit, hence the decision to make John Constantine an American.

Anyhow, I definitely want to see this movie.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:42 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow, I expected another Riddick-esqe piece of crap that relies completely on CGI. I was very impressed. Although I still didn't like the scene in hell. It doesn't look like he is actually there. I hate when you can tell that they are dubbed in to a whole background.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:35 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juliano55

looks like a fantastic film

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 10:42 AM
juliano55 is currently offline Click here to Send juliano55 a Private Message Find more posts by juliano55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

great film. you know how it is with music video directors...they are always on the verge for new ideas when it comes to visual effects, and anything that creates eye candy. That's what seperates a decent so-so video, with a "wow, I wanna see that again" kinda video. That's the impression I got with Francis and this film...
by the way, when it did come to the point of Papa Midnight, I can't really point out what he's trying to say. I can follow the storyline of the movie, until it comes to his part, when he diverges some information and makes it somewhat more complicated.

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 03:14 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yeah this was definately worth seeing.. awesome flick

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 04:03 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by dragonpisces272
great film. you know how it is with music video directors...they are always on the verge for new ideas when it comes to visual effects, and anything that creates eye candy. That's what seperates a decent so-so video, with a "wow, I wanna see that again" kinda video. That's the impression I got with Francis and this film...
by the way, when it did come to the point of Papa Midnight, I can't really point out what he's trying to say. I can follow the storyline of the movie, until it comes to his part, when he diverges some information and makes it somewhat more complicated.

Yeah, the ending was a little hard to follow, but I read the novel afterwards and it made everything a lot clearer. Looks like a sequel is almost for sure now.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 04:38 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

ya, thats wut i wanna hear

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 04:58 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

awesome film. too bad some assh*le talked through the whole f*cking movie. i just wanted to jump his ass. but he was old... and kinda intoxicated... at 4 in the afternoon.

anyways... i expected more of a horror genre but i was quite surprised on the amount of action and philisophy in it. it seems like heaven doesn't like playing by the rules either. there's always a f*cking loophole. go see it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 05:59 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

rajah kalantiaw>you never know what intoxicated guys could do if you jump them messed

At first, I thought the movie's storyline was gunna be all complicated and of the sort. But it was actually alright...I understood most of the concepts in the movie

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Feb 25th, 2005 08:25 AM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote